Ramaswamy on election integrity

headshuck

Seems reasonable.

If you could guarantee that everyone that voted could have their vote counted, sure. That would require enough voting locations so that you never, ever have to wait in a line.

Kind of amazing how the number of voting locations in majority-minority or high-density locations never, ever meets demand. Almost like the powers that be want to make it as hard and inconvenient as they can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Le duke said:

If you could guarantee that everyone that voted could have their vote counted, sure. That would require enough voting locations so that you never, ever have to wait in a line.

Kind of amazing how the number of voting locations in majority-minority or high-density locations never, ever meets demand. Almost like the powers that be want to make it as hard and inconvenient as they can.

And who is actually running things in these cities, districts with such problems.  Maybe vote them out?

As a famous community organizer may have once said:  if you like your voting place you can keep your voting place. 

• Confused 1

And who is actually running things in these cities, districts with such problems.  Maybe vote them out?
As a famous community organizer may have once said:  if you like your voting place you can keep your voting place. 

You realize that the locations of polling places is largely a decision made by the state, right?

We don't have election integrity issues.  Last election was scrutinized like no other in history.  It stood up better than I would have expected.

We do have a lot of unsubstantiated allegations along with wild, crazy accusations that some rubes and sheep misinterpret as reality. The tweet even adds a pinch xenophobia to round out a nice sour grapes smell.

Edited by Plasmodium
  • Fire 2

10 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

We don't have election integrity issues.  Last election was scrutinized like no other in history.  It stood up better than I would have expected.

We do have a lot of unsubstantiated allegations along with wild, crazy accusations that some rubes and sheep misinterpret as reality. The tweet even adds a pinch xenophobia to round out a nice sour grapes smell.

I agree...just like when people claim it is racists to require ID's to vote...however, you then turn around do exactly what you claim others do by writing the last sentence.

• Fire 2
  • Confused 1

Good with 2,3, and 4

5 is never gonna happen. In a perfect world would love for every person that gains citizenship to become proficient in reading and writing English…but never gonna happen. 

1- I don’t understand the obsession with every single vote across the country must be cast and counted in a 24 hour period. Especially if we want to make sure everyone has the opportunity to vote and we want to ensure the vote be as accurate as possible. 

(Enter all the experts coming in to school me on how easy it is to administer an election) 

14 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Good with 2,3, and 4

5 is never gonna happen. In a perfect world would love for every person that gains citizenship to become proficient in reading and writing English…but never gonna happen. 

I would agree, there will always be reason folks can't vote on election day.  But maybe could if national holiday have that single election day vote but absentee ballots prior for certain reason like we used to, instead of just any reason to make it easy.  I think maybe the RamW is saying show up and make an effort.  He is probably saying the same regarding the single language but is that doable?  On the other hand how many languages do we have to print on ballots 15, 20 ... maybe thats his point, make an effort to learn enough to read the ballot? 

• Stalling 1

40 minutes ago, ionel said:

I would agree, there will always be reason folks can't vote on election day.  But maybe could if national holiday have that single election day vote but absentee ballots prior for certain reason like we used to, instead of just any reason to make it easy.  I think maybe the RamW is saying show up and make an effort.  He is probably saying the same regarding the single language but is that doable?  On the other hand how many languages do we have to print on ballots 15, 20 ... maybe thats his point, make an effort to learn enough to read the ballot? 

How are 5 and election integrity related?  The potential for encoded messages in Spanish but not English?

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

How are 5 and election integrity related?  The potential for encoded messages in Spanish but not English?

Did I say they were?  I just went to an ATM, there were only 4 language options, its my money, why can't I access my money if I can't read one of the 4?  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

Did I say they were?  I just went to an ATM, there were only 4 language options, its my money, why can't I access my money if I can't read one of the 4?  

Fair enough, we agree they are unrelated.  What do you think motivated him to include that in a post about election integrity?

2 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Fair enough, we agree they are unrelated.  What do you think motivated him to include that in a post about election integrity?

You are asking me to read his mind to let you know what motivated him?  I couldn't do that if I was in the same room with him.  

• Fire 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Are you willing to raise the military age, age to which you start paying taxes, etc up along with raising the age to vote? 

If not, that seems to lend more toward “my wishes” than “individual rights”. 

Sure if that benefits the country.  How does military age relate to taxes?  I could not join the military until well after I was paying taxes… it still is this way.

• Fire 1

18 hours ago, Le duke said:

Wait in line????  43 states offer early voting (7 days or MORE). Nobody has to wait in line if they don’t want to. Smh 

• Haha 1

I have quite a few problems with V's take... but the one that struck me right away was:

"Here's the way forward on election integrity:"

Not "a" way forward, not "one of the ways forward", not "some recommendations"...

but "the way" as if there is only one in existence and it happens to be his.

That's the kind of hubris we really don't need. I'd prefer a little more humility in a potential leader.

• Fire 1