OT: Greatest Christmas movie ever

AgaveMaria

29 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

22 minutes ago, ionel said:

$3.99 to rent, $5.00 to own on Amazon Prime.  Do you know what you are talking about, I'd really hate to waste four bucks.  

Nevermind, its free on peacock, I like free!  🙂

looks like movie requiring a good bourbon

Edited by ionel

36 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I love everything about this movie, but it may make more sense if you drink a bunch of the bourbon before the movie.

I see why you like it, two minutes in they say "drilling as we speak."  You and Cael must watch this together every December.

Good movie, so was the bourbon!  🙂

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I beg everyone to please not watch “A Wrestling Christmas Miracle.”  I’m usually a sucker for a wrestling movie, but this might be the worst movie I’ve ever seen.

You said might be- to be sure check One More Shot. We thought Dan Hodge was the only one close to being an actor. I saw the clip of this one (Miracle) and thought the kid was the only one that could act.

A Christmas Story is a classic.   It has everything.   Home Alone I cannot stand because Culkin is worse than the kid that played Anakin.  

I forgot about Gremlins, that is a good one. 

I like Its a Wonderful Life also.   Very Christmassy. 

mspart

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, mspart said:

A Christmas Story is a classic.   It has everything.   Home Alone I cannot stand because Culkin is worse than the kid that played Anakin.  

I forgot about Gremlins, that is a good one. 

I like Its a Wonderful Life also.   Very Christmassy. 

mspart

Oh, man. A Christmas story and It's a Wonderful life are so overrated. Gremlins is good, but isn't even a Christmas movie.

Home Alone is a masterpiece.

Elf is top 5 for sure

Bad Santa is really good. You could have a bad movie marathon adding in Bad Santa 2 and Bad Moms Christmas

I kind of feel like Vince Vaughn is in a couple of underrated christmas movies - Four Christmases (has a wrestling scene!), and Fred Claus. 

I do love holiday movies, but for a change of pace, I also try to squeeze in a viewing of Seinfeld's "The Strike" around this time each year. bonus points if you watch it on December 23rd, though the episode originally aired on this day (dec 18th) in 1997!

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, Ohio Elite said:

download.jpeg.8d7f4149283705380bc4c028184a62aa.jpeg

I was just at a Holiday party and we ended talking about what a terrible movie Rudolph is. The complete shunning of Rudolf (not just by the a-hole Reindeer, but also Santa and Dasher) plus he is only redeemed because of some silly concept that his nose is bright enough to see through the worst winter storm in history.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jim L said:

I was just at a Holiday party and we ended talking about what a terrible movie Rudolph is. The complete shunning of Rudolf (not just by the a-hole Reindeer, but also Santa and Dasher) plus he is only redeemed because of some silly concept that his nose is bright enough to see through the worst winter storm in history.

Talk about a Grinch!! Lol☹️

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jim L said:

Amen. Our family always found it hilarious that the adult, Dasher, is the one who says to the kids, "Let's not let Rudolph play in any reindeer games." Now that is some real Christmas spirit.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge