Foot off the mat

KennyEBHS

36 minutes ago, KennyEBHS said:

There needs to be some consistency in how the perimeters are set up. I don't like the fact that a person with long legs can move his foot off the mat. That needs to be fixed. Have secondary mats at least three feet around the official mat.

It's being gamed to a ridiculous extent.  Should be pretty straightforward to call that fleeing the mat

• Fire 6

additionally, its not keeping anyone safe. If you run throw a leg attack and crack someones head on the 3 point line, that rule isnt helping, and thats exactly the scenario its supposed to address. 

Edited by Hammerlock3

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

If it’s egregious then absolutely agree, I watched a bunch of CKLV footage this weekend but didn’t see it get abused there. I did it once in my college years (+10 years ago) and was appropriately hit with fleeing when that was still the rule. A lot of the bigger guys it’s just inevitable though.

No room for a larger mat at Friedman Center @Cornell.  Not even enough room for the mat they have now.  Last year Braxton Amos tried to headlock Cardenas, missed and got me instead.  Lucky for me, I'd put a "liberal" amount of Brylcreem on to look cool at the match so I slipped right out.  Oh yeah, I was in the third row!

YWRESTLING-articleLarge.jpg

3 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Remove a row or two of seats and hike ticket prices to make up the difference 🤔

Hike ticke p prices on most matches and the crowds will drop from 77 to 13 willing to pay to get in.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.