So is Crookham for real?

ionel

1 hour ago, steamboat_charlie said:

I'm a little confused by the Steveson comparison...

Is Crookham for real?  Yes.  Is Crookham Gable Steveson? No.  

@ionel has a thing for typos.

But Crookham could get 3rd this year then be the favorite next year when Vito and Fix graduate

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, ionel said:

We all remember the hype for Stevenson and know how that turned out, what about this latest new kid?

Screenshot_20231205-080942_Chrome.jpg.38130096f732cb0edc6668920d281e60.jpg

Not sure about a Stevenson comparison, maybe something closer to Zane Rutherford...

50 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Also, like Steveson continuously being called Stevenson, I hope Crooham sticks.

Getting Gable's last name correct matters, but there is a reason for this common oversight.  

According to namecensus.com, 'Stevenson' is the 432nd most popular surname, 'Steveson' is the 19,416th, 'Crookham' is the 66,371st, and 'Crooham' doesn't appear to be a listed surname.

I angered an old boss so many times for spelling his name Jared rather than Jarad.  That doggone spell checker and crazy parents trying to be unique.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, peanut said:

Hopefully Fix and Arujau graduated from college years ago and are finishing up master’s degrees.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just now, D3 for LU said:

... maybe doctorate.

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

4 minutes ago, jdalu75 said:

Or maybe Crookham gets 1st this year and then is the favorite next year ....

Which would put him ahead of Steveson’s pace.  I was more just saying the Steveson comparison isn’t necessarily unwarranted.   Crookham was a 3x PA champ and only wrestled 3 seasons

19 hours ago, peanut said:

Hopefully Fix and Arujau graduated from college years ago and are finishing up master’s degrees.

Fix maybe.  Ivy schools don't allow grad students to compete.  Jake Logan is in his fifth year out of high school and is working on a Master's at Lehigh, but Vito is seven years out of high school and is still working on his Bachelor's.  I hope Lehigh uses this as a selling point in recruiting; lots of their wrestlers leave with two degrees after five years.

Edited by jdalu75
  • Fire 5