CKLV Preseeds

nhs67

34 minutes ago, Gus said:

Straw man argument. No one is saying that Allred sucks, just that Hidlay is more accomplished and likely to win a match against him. Allred has shown himself to be game beating Dean multiple times last year. Great double leg.

And Hidlay has shown himself to be susceptible to multiple in-season losses 5x so far and counting. So as my original thesis stated:

4 hours ago, bnwtwg said:
4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

( 6 ) Silas Allred, Nebraska - WIN via DEC 5-4
( 2 ) Trent Hidlay, NC Stat

I could see this

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

The same paper tiger Hidlay who only got *4th last year and 5th in '22 at NCAAs last year and drops matches every year?

Paper Tiger? WTF does that even mean? anyone who hasn't won a title is a paper tiger? 2x AA w/ lowest being 5th? every single loss of his career was to an All American.

49 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

And Hidlay has shown himself to be susceptible to multiple in-season losses 5x so far and counting. So as my original thesis stated:

What in the sam hell are you talking about? He's lost two in-season matches in the last three +  seasons. One to Keckeisen who he beat two weeks prior, and one to Hunter Bolen who he beat 4 times. 

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

TBD

9 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Paper Tiger? WTF does that even mean? anyone who hasn't won a title is a paper tiger? 2x AA w/ lowest being 5th? every single loss of his career was to an All American.

What in the sam hell are you talking about? He's lost two in-season matches in the last three +  seasons. One to Keckeisen who he beat two weeks prior, and one to Hunter Bolen who he beat 4 times. 

Hunter Bolen.

I wish he would have been able to bring home AA honors last year.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

10 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Pesky facts

• Fire 2

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

14 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Probably one of the most consistent guys in the country that's never won a title and people love to hate on the dude. 109-13 career record, outside of being pinned last year by Keckeisen (which most people would consider an outlier) and losing to Zahid 12-4 in Dec. of 2019 (RS Frosh year), the WORST loss of his career is 6-3 to Aaron Brooks. So yes, to back the Brain here, he's really freaking good and very underrated. 

Edited by MidwestWrest
  • Fire 2

3 minutes ago, MidwestWrest said:

Probably one of the most consistent guys in the country that's never won a title and people love to hate on the dude

I don't love to hate on him, I hope he wins although it is an uphill battle against Brooks and nothing more than bid timing of having the same years of birth. The same for Hayden and Nolf. I simply pointed out that he loses and I wouldn't be surprised if he is a paper tiger by way of omg how could the #1 seed ever lose and everyone lost their damn minds. This is why they wrestle the matches instead of deferring to WrestleStat.

i am an idiot on the internet

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

I don't love to hate on him, I hope he wins although it is an uphill battle against Brooks and nothing more than bid timing of having the same years of birth. The same for Hayden and Nolf. I simply pointed out that he loses and I wouldn't be surprised if he is a paper tiger by way of omg how could the #1 seed ever lose and everyone lost their damn minds. This is why they wrestle the matches instead of deferring to WrestleStat.

It's okay to admit you either don't know what the phrase paper tiger means or you were wrong in claiming he was a paper tiger.   

Of course, the #2 preseed could lose before the finals, but people didn't "lose their minds" because you stated he could lose to Allred. 

Edited by Dogbone

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

I defer to Wrestlestat.

Also, he is the #2 Seed. 🤣🤣

59 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

It's okay to admit you either don't know what the phrase paper tiger means or you were wrong in claiming he was a paper tiger.   

Of course, the #2 preseed could lose before the finals, but people didn't "lose their minds" because you stated he could lose to Allred. 

Kind of did.

I lost mine.

Mine doesn't matter, though.

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Like 9:30 AM tomorrow.  US - Eastern.

It is in Vegas so latwe-ish.

They don't weigh in till 7 local so isn't that like 10et?  I say in the next hour (registration just comple) or will be ~8am local time.  Of course when Flo will be working and all are able to access brackets is a completely different question.  

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

They don't weigh in till 7 local so isn't that like 10et?  I say in the next hour (registration just comple) or will be ~8am local time.  Of course when Flo will be working and all are able to access brackets is a completely different question.  

Absolutely correct... I thought the world revolved around me so I was assuming regular time my time.

I expect brackets to be updated and accurate within an hour of the expexted start time, so sometime after 11:00 AM (US - Eastern).

Screenshot_20231130_184306_FloSports.jpg

• Fire 1

Just now, nhs67 said:

Absolutely correct... I thought the world revolved around me so I was assuming regular time my time.

Well if not the world pretty sure the board does ... or at least thought that's what MP said.  😉

5 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

If you are gonna lose isn't that the best time?  

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I expect brackets to be updated and accurate within an hour of the expexted start time, so sometime after 11:00 AM (US - Eastern).

Screenshot_20231130_184306_FloSports.jpg

Good job . Thanks for info.

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Nothing yet on Flo so I'm guessing 8ish am local Fri. 

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, ionel said:

I feel like a missed the bus AGAIN!  🚌 

Did you even try to throw anything at it?

Because if not then you technically did not miss.

• Haha 1