Over/Under on Ferraris in Iowa's lineup for B10's: 1.5

13 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

With Echemendia, you have the shady age related allegations, where some contend that he may have been in his 20s wrestling in high school and Fargo.  Then you have the felony where he allegedly attempted to strangle his female significant other.  (Not sure if they are still married or ever were married.) Then if you search her name, you can find at least one other public altercation between the two.  It pops right up.  Those are just his google trophies.  Who knows what else is out there? It was enough to get Ohio State to cut ties.

The reports of his arrest said she was his wife at the time.

I believe they’re still married but not sure.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Dresser thinks the charge against Echemendia "wasn't a fair charge"

What?

Does anyone still have the old thread of it?  Pretty sure there were links in there with pictures of it all.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

On 11/28/2023 at 1:06 PM, Pinnacle said:

One more thing about AJ's act. Here is what his weight lifting routing has done to him. OSU fans are doing some idol worship on him in the comments section, but what I see is a man with muscles so tight he can't hardly throw a baseball.

I see somebody that has clearly never thrown a ball in his life.  LMAO

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

I'm impressed that ferrari had the restraint to claim he's only the best college wrestler of all time at a specific weight, I mean its not like he's claiming he's better than cael....oh wait.....

Did Cael ever dead lift 665?  Thought not.  

• Haha 1

I'm all for giving guys a second chance but I would struggle to knowingly bring a predator onto a college campus. Guys make a lot of mistakes when they are young (drinking, fighting, etc.) but being predatory towards anyone just isn't acceptable. I know the criminal charges were dismissed but something happened that wasn't good.

Hopefully if he comes back he will be a better version of himself.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Where do we think Anthony and AJ slot into the rankings?

I was kinda surprised that Voinovich is ranked 9th.  I guess Anthony could be ranked there based on his win over him.

No clue where they put AJ to start.  I’d think in the top 10 at least but there are a lot of good dudes there.  He’s definitely in the race for 2nd though.

I'm naturally very curious to see how this experiment goes. Candidly, I am impressed it's getting off the ground (both AJ and Anthony are in by January and AJ had charges dismissed) so they've already exceeded my expectations. 

I can see money being a huge motivation to "behave" this time around as well since rumors is they are being sponsored very well. Color me skeptical they last 3 years though since they never have anywhere. 

17 minutes ago, wrestlingest2010 said:

I think AJ would start around 5th. You can argue he should be 3rd behind the AB and Hidlay since he has never lost to Buchanan or Sloan but the "layoff" could be a factor. 

i have to admit, the thought of Ferrari wrestling brooks or hidlay is really compelling....

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

48 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

i have to admit, the thought of Ferrari wrestling brooks or hidlay is really compelling....

I don’t think he has much chance against Brooks.   Hidlay could be interesting.

Also looking forward to seeing him wrestle in a dual against Oklahoma State

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I don’t think he has much chance against Brooks.   Hidlay could be interesting.

Also looking forward to seeing him wrestle in a dual against Oklahoma State

I'm fascinated out the match with brooks would work out. Ferrari has a lot of trump cards, he is strong, he is athletic, he gets taken down as little anyone short of dake, and he's a tough competitor. I know it was ugly wrestling, but when he won ncaas all the stall rides he put on show how much poise he has. 

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

8 hours ago, JeanGuy said:

I'm all for giving guys a second chance but I would struggle to knowingly bring a predator onto a college campus. Guys make a lot of mistakes when they are young (drinking, fighting, etc.) but being predatory towards anyone just isn't acceptable. I know the criminal charges were dismissed but something happened that wasn't good.

Hopefully if he comes back he will be a better version of himself.

I’m all for theatrics but I do hope that he comes back without drama and a better young man. 

mistakes happen but something like this situation is more indicative of poor character and decision making  than it is making a “mistake” 

• Fire 1

If they actually care about the women’s team I can’t imagine how you bring a guy with his history in without immediately and permanently poisoning the atmosphere.  

I’m all for second chances, but at whose and what expense?

If you track this back and look at the number of high schools he went too and through as well, this is a long-term trend.  For Blair and Bergen Catholic to not be willing to put up with you, that’s saying a lot, I know historically from personal experience those schools have brought some guys through their programs who really pushed some boundaries.  They really give their kids a good deal of rope, but they do have limits.  

• Fire 1