Gabe Arnold

nhs67

46 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

Worse. The Arnold I watched last night gets teched by Starocci. 

Nope.

49 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

You said that Mehki had no mobility, little drive to be there (no will to win) and that he didn't want to be there. That implies Starocci won the way he did because, for lack of a better way of putting it, Mehki mailed it in.

You can imply whatever meaning you want to.  I already told you that was not what I meant.  If you imply something else it is either your opinion or you are wrong.  Either way it is different than what I meany - which I have clearly stated.

Edited by nhs67

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Hmmm

I am a black man that grew up in Michigan - a far cry from being related to Swafford.

The only thing we have in common is that we both wrestled for a B1G school.

12 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Nope.

Yep. 

Arnold managed one successful offensive attempt against Feldkamp, refused to take bottom and spend the third period stalling to run the clock out. If Arnold takes that approach against Starocci, he'd be destroyed or DQ'ed for stalling.

He might think he wants some of Starocci, but that would end up worse than it did for Mason Parris when he thought he wanted some of Gable Steveson.

Just now, TylerDurden said:

Yep. 

Arnold managed one successful offensive attempt against Feldkamp, refused to take bottom and spend the third period stalling to run the clock out. If Arnold takes that approach against Sta(l)rocci, he'd be destroyed or DQ'ed for stalling.

He might think he wants some of Sta(l)rocci, but that would end up worse than it did for Mason Parris when he thought he wanted some of Gable Steveson.

FIFY

You're welcome.

1 minute ago, Gantry said:

Where did you see this?  Another board said 182, if he's up that high in either case he's likely staying there. 

I either saw it here or on Twatter.

I don't recall which one.  I remember whoever said it doesn't often play with the honeypot, so I trusted it.

2 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

nonsense. 10 is nothing.

I'm not saying he can't get down easily, but the decent rules means he can't wrestle at 174 for another month.   I don't think he would have weighed in that high if 174 is his plan for this year.  Why not weigh in at 180 or something?

Just now, Gantry said:

I'm not saying he can't get down easily, but the decent rules means he can't wrestle at 174 for another month.   I don't think he would have weighed in that high if 174 is his plan for this year.  Why not weigh in at 180 or something?

yeah I see what you mean. but they don't have anything of consequence going on for a month. plus arnold is notorious for missing weight, so my bet is that they needed that win and wanted him in good spirits and just told him to weigh in whereever he wanted. 

i was about to say that they would redshirt him before sending him 184, but thats not true because they probably think they need kennedy in the lineup to get 2nd.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

26 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

Yep. 

Arnold managed one successful offensive attempt against Feldkamp, refused to take bottom and spend the third period stalling to run the clock out. If Arnold takes that approach against Starocci, he'd be destroyed or DQ'ed for stalling.

He might think he wants some of Starocci, but that would end up worse than it did for Mason Parris when he thought he wanted some of Gable Steveson.

And let's not forget Starocci has a mean streak. 

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

19 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

In the way of our new world the kid will get to do what he wants or he’ll just take his ball and go someplace else.  Their best line up has Caliendo, Kennedy and Arnold in it.   Use the talent while you have it as you may not in the future.   

where is he gonna go? you think iowa was giving him books or something?

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

where is he gonna go? you think iowa was giving him books or something?

I know this was said in jest, but I know that Cael was pretty displeased with the new scholarship rules as it means he can’t get books for his walk-on kids.

I think it’s minimum 20%, or nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

I know this was said in jest, but I know that Cael was pretty displeased with the new scholarship rules as it means he can’t get books for his walk-on kids.

But he could give them NIL from which they could buy there books, correct?

6 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

Wasn't yesterday a preview of what to expect from Iowa? 

157 Franak

165 Caliendo

174 PK

184 Arnold

What is the other option for them? Caliendo sits and then PK and Arnold drop a weight class? That would seem unlikely, but I am no expert on their inner discussions.

Is the Stilly Car Dealership showing up in January to re arrange the whole parking lot? 

For what it is worth, I just read Arnold's father's comment on HR saying he thinks his son should go 184.

• Fire 4

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge