Climate Hoax

Husker_Du

53 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

The h-o-h reminds me of an experiment I did with the kids and a microwave.  I read that a microwave works by exciting and spinning molecules to generate friction and thus heat.  If you heat a solid ice cube the molecules are fixed and don't spin, thus no heat.  Nuke an ice cube for a minute or two and you pull out only ice.  I was amazed.

I never knew that.   Very interesting.   I just looked it up and it is a thing.   Very cool.

mspart

On 1/3/2024 at 4:25 PM, mspart said:

It started out as a tongue in cheek thing to see if anyone knew what HOH was.   It seems everyone did or I gave it away.  

But then I started thinking that a considerable by product of burning fuel is water.   Just like we say the Carbon has been locked away in the fuel for millions of years so has the hydrogen.   So we are adding water to the atmosphere just like CO2.  And water vapor is a stronger greenhouse gas than CO2.   But it is probably true that it might all turn to rain, unless it stays lower in the atmosphere, then it might stay as water vapor. 

Do you know the difference between water vapor and steam?   Yes, this is a change in direction.   But may be interesting.

mspart

Look up what a hydrogen bond is.  Water molecules condense in the gas phase and then come back down from the sky as they adhere to each other and transition to a liquid. We call the result of this process clouds/rain/humidity. CO2 does not form a liquid except at extremely low temperatures or extremely high pressures.  

Do you really think people are going to read the nonsense you are writing and say, "Oh yeah, water vapor!  That disproves that CO2  is warming the planet!"  No, the science makes perfect sense if you have even a high school-level understanding of chemistry and read the wiki on the greenhouse effect. 

• Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...

Al Gore buys his way out of it, just ask him.   Huge estate running all kinds of power, enough to run a small town.   But he buys carbon credits so he doesn't have to actually change his habits.   A wonderful example for the rest of humanity.   Just have enough money to buy your way out.   Oh wait, most of humanity doesn't have that kind of cash readily available.  Good thing he made his money so he can live in luxury while his policies force the rest of us to do without. 

Case in point - elimination of Natural gas feeds to new construction and elimination of gas powered lawn mowers and other small engine equipment for new sales (former implemented in WA, latter under consideration in WA in the legislature). 

mspart

8 minutes ago, mspart said:

Al Gore buys his way out of it, just ask him.   Huge estate running all kinds of power, enough to run a small town.   But he buys carbon credits so he doesn't have to actually change his habits.   A wonderful example for the rest of humanity.   Just have enough money to buy your way out.   Oh wait, most of humanity doesn't have that kind of cash readily available.  Good thing he made his money so he can live in luxury while his policies force the rest of us to do without. 

Case in point - elimination of Natural gas feeds to new construction and elimination of gas powered lawn mowers and other small engine equipment for new sales (former implemented in WA, latter under consideration in WA in the legislature). 

mspart

If WA goes the CA estate tax just tell them you will pay in trees, offer to cut down as payment.  

• Clown 1

I can do that.   I have a fairly large chain saw.   Oh shoot, that will go the way of the dinosaur if they get their small motor law passed this year.   I live in the woods with a lot of Cedar and Maple trees everywhere.    They fall down on their own fairly regularly. 

mspart

15 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

The Electric-Vehicle Cheating Scandal

A government rule makes them look nearly seven times as efficient as they are.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-electric-car-cheating-scandal-subsidy-rule-efficiency-falsehood-2798b4ab?mod=djemalertNEWS

We had some major rain/flooding here Mon-Tues. A lot of Tesla drivers having a bad week…

6 hours ago, Offthemat said:

The Electric-Vehicle Cheating Scandal

A government rule makes them look nearly seven times as efficient as they are.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-electric-car-cheating-scandal-subsidy-rule-efficiency-falsehood-2798b4ab?mod=djemalertNEWS

This is a horrible bait and switch situation that the government, in their infinite wisdom, and with clear conscience, have pushed on us.   I'm glad it is called out.   More evidence the government is screwing the public over. 

mspart

7 minutes ago, mspart said:

This is a horrible bait and switch situation that the government, in their infinite wisdom, and with clear conscience, have pushed on us.   I'm glad it is called out.   More evidence the government is screwing the public over. 

mspart

They’ll do anything to squeeze more money out of us. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

Tesla is kind of a shitshow isn't it.  The cars seem nice, and everyone who has one is obsessed with it, but damn they seem like a huge headache. But then again, it took decades for gasoline cars to improve reliability, so I'm sure that eventually these issues will be figured out.  

4 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

I don't think EV's are a bad thing. i think they are the future (even if they are nonsensical). but to mandate and tariff before they are viable is total bullshit. 

This 💯 

• Haha 1