I'll say Megalaudis takes out Lee

Hammerlock3

He should pick up the nickname Moose.

As in Spencer “Call me Musukaev. Hold my beer and watch the most exciting 3 minutes of wrestling while I hang on for a 6 minute match” Lee

And he is still my OTT pick. Even though he should have joined NLWC to become his best self. I hate myself for saying that but it’s true.

i am an idiot on the internet

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

As in Spencer “Call me Musukaev. Hold my beer and watch the most exciting 3 minutes of wrestling while I hang on for a 6 minute match” Lee

And he is still my OTT pick. Even though he should have joined NLWC to become his best self. I hate myself for saying that but it’s true.

That is old Musakaev. He seems to have solved that problem.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

3 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

are you that Basch dummy? you're really playing all sides. 

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

3 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

That’s really fkn rude. And how am I playing all sides? I just compared him to the reigning world champ at an Olympic weight that also has considerable gas tank issues and said, for the umpteenth time over the years, that he is my pick for the 2024 Olympic team and would have been for 2020 as well if he didn’t blow out his knees.

And @Wrestleknownothing he didn’t resolve the cardio at worlds. Still the same wrestler he has always been, but he finally put it all together to outlast his weaknesses as all the best ones do. We will have to agree to disagree on this one. He’s still the most exciting wrestler in the world.

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

Ridiculous comparison. 

I think Spencer Lee medals and depending on his draw could blitz the same way Musukaev just did, or gut it out by blitzing firsts/surviving second periods. Is it such a ridiculous comparison to say “hey, here is this world talent that can’t keep it together for 6 minutes against the (very few) domestic competition who can hang with him after the first period? Can only imagine what happens against the world…”

I say no. His track record says no, for and against. And thus my “gee he should have gone to the best wrestling cardio RTC in the country” thought. 

Or are you saying that Lee can’t hold Musukaev’s jockstrap? Because I think he is every bit as exciting and full of BOOMBOOMBOOM don’t blink or you’ll miss it explosions.

Just want to ensure we are on the same wavelength. 

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

Lee's late match struggles are nowhere near what Musukaev was doing.  Musukaev looked like a cartoon character.  It's not the same thing. 

Put Lee on the world stage and tell me it won’t happen. He can’t hang with Cronin Ramos et al but I’m supposed to believe he can go a full 6 with the world’s best? Okayyy.

He can hammer the piss out of them in a way that would make JO jealous but he still can’t figure out the second period. It is what it is until he proves otherwise.

• Fire 1

12 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

You need to hold your tongue, Ser!

I will fong you!  I will fong you until your insides are out, your outsides are in, your entrails will become your extrails.  Pain!  Lots of pain!

• Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Nico has done something amazing thus far, by the way.  He has been consistently a Top 3-5 guy at 61 KG while also wrestling part time.  To put some things in to perspective, he has split with Gross since the 2022 US Open.

What I mean by that is that this match gives us a great measuring stick for where Lee is and it it right there.  He isn't head and shoulders above the field, though.  He needs more real-time reps.

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Nico has done something amazing thus far, by the way.  He has been consistently a Top 3-5 guy at 61 KG while also wrestling part time.  To put some things in to perspective, he has split with Gross since the 2022 US Open.

What I mean by that is that this match gives us a great measuring stick for where Lee is and it it right there.  He isn't head and shoulders above the field, though.  He needs more real-time reps.

I thought that Megaludis length/flexibility/strength/toughness all were on display to avoid being taken through with that lace.  Not everyone is going to be able to resist that.

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Put Lee on the world stage and tell me it won’t happen. He can’t hang with Cronin Ramos et al but I’m supposed to believe he can go a full 6 with the world’s best? Okayyy.

He can hammer the piss out of them in a way that would make JO jealous but he still can’t figure out the second period. It is what it is until he proves otherwise.

In the past yea that happened, but I didn’t get the sense that Lee gassed against Megaludis…

30 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

In the past yea that happened, but I didn’t get the sense that Lee gassed against Megaludis…

I think he definitely coasted.

• Fire 2

6 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I know it is hard against talented opponents, but I think I'd like to see Lee keep dudes off his legs when he decides to coast.

I agree.

I wasn't saying he didn't gas.  I was saying at the very least he coasted.  Most people coast when they are up big (he wasn't) and/or they gas.

We don't want a Lee that coasts.  Ever.

• Fire 2

10 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I agree.

I wasn't saying he didn't gas.  I was saying at the very least he coasted.  Most people coast when they are up big (he wasn't) and/or they gas.

We don't want a Lee that coasts.  Ever.

Judging by his reaction with the medal, I don’t think he was coasting.  But I guess only he knows that 

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Musukaev is literally falling over, heaving breaths, and taking a full 30 seconds to get back to the middle.  It's not the same thing as Lee being tired.

39 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Musukaev is literally falling over, heaving breaths, and taking a full 30 seconds to get back to the middle.  It's not the same thing as Lee being tired.

That usually goes away pretty quick after the first match. Can we say the same about Lee? Only time will tell.

Like I said, I'm rooting for him to clear his high bar and come home from Paris with a shiny gold medal but I'm not wearing rose-colored glasses.

12 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Vak we are on the same side. Let’s just use an emoji and call it a day.

Esteemed VakAttack 🤝 Random idiot on a forum

Or better articulated:

Spencer Lee 🤝 fans who say “F  (orget) the haters