Generational Recruits

Lleynor

Are we talking recruited as generational or actually became generational?

I think we could definitely throw Ben Askren on here for the overall impact he’s had on reshaping wrestling.

Another who get’s little discussion anymore but was as good as they come, stephen abas. 

8 hours ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

Sure, an admin can. You can't.

If any admin from this site wants to publicly state whether I have more than one account here they can. They can see any IP address I've used to post here with any account. I don't care if they want to tell people I have one account.

If you think you can see my IP address then go ahead and reply to this and post the IP addresses and the usernames of mine. You're only going to find one, and it's this one. I don't know why you want me to be more than one account here so badly.

Which Cinnabon are you?  OG TheMat Cinnabon or Intermat Parody Cinnabon?  And if you're OG  TheMat Cinnabon then who is Intermat Cinnabon w/the official Cinnabon icon?

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

9 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

Which Cinnabon are you?  OG TheMat Cinnabon or Intermat Parody Cinnabon?  And if you're OG  TheMat Cinnabon then who is Intermat Cinnabon w/the official Cinnabon icon?

I don't know who the other one is but I'm the one who doesn't create a hundred silly disingenuous threads on message boards. I think you're probably smart enough to figure out if this was my handle on the TheMat or not.

1 hour ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

That would depend entirely on what kind of cookie you're offering. What are my options?

I got Choco Chip and extra Choco Choco Chip.

I also have no-bake cookies too.  I might eat those up rather quickly, though, so if you want that you have to be quick.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

12 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I got Choco Chip and extra Choco Choco Chip.

I also have no-bake cookies too.  I might eat those up rather quickly, though, so if you want that you have to be quick.

I think the regular choco chip is good. I am not a big fan of too many chocolate chips in my cookie. I'll provide my own milk. I wouldn't put that responsibility on you.

1 minute ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

I'd like to change my selection, I was not aware weed and PB were included. You holding out on me?

To be fair, I am holding out on everyone.

• Fire 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

What I would find interesting is someone (Willie, Intermat rankers etc) go back through a recruiting class and re-rank the top 100 once that class college careers are over. Maybe it’s been done and I missed it, but they do it often in NFL draft type scenarios, called re-drafting X year of the NFL draft. Would be interesting to see based on results who would move up and who would move down or out of said rankings. I feel most of the top 20 outside of a few would normally stay at or around their original rankings. However I’m most interested in how many 51-100 would move up. I think and this is my opinion 51-100 allows for the most improvement or leeway to move around. 

On 11/15/2023 at 10:47 PM, wrestle87 said:

Are we talking recruited as generational or actually became generational?

I think we could definitely throw Ben Askren on here for the overall impact he’s had on reshaping wrestling.

Another who get’s little discussion anymore but was as good as they come, stephen abas. 

I was asking about Recruits that were labeled generational coming out of HS.

7 hours ago, Lleynor said:

I was asking about Recruits that were labeled generational coming out of HS.

If we're talking about what I think you mean, "Kobe Bryant/Lebron James" level hype then it's a short list.  Kolat, Mocco, Schlatter, Aaron Pico and Steveson.  

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Fire 3

1 hour ago, Konquest said:

Damion Hahn was in this category.

No he wasn't.  His hype was more similar to David Taylor/Logan Steiber.  Definitely a blue chip recruit but not at the level of the others l listed

Edited by PortaJohn