Is Aaron Brooks too short for 197?

Jimmy Cinnabon

Yes Brooks is far to short and will not be able to perform up 8 pounds from where he just finished winning a U23 world title. If only there was a recent example of a short wrestler, from his same team, moving up from 184 to 197 and finding success... Might as well give up on folk and focus on freestyle.

Edited by Gus
misspell

Aren’t wrestlers basically short in general? The year AJ won the title, like a few weeks later they had him out at some OSU baseball game doing his flexing thing and celebrating with the team and he looked shorter than every single baseball player on the team. I think they put one thing in the program but in reality they are much shorter 

3 hours ago, Dogbone said:

Yep, short guys are not good at wrestling... Everyone knows that height is a big advantage and the tallest guy at each weight usually wins. 

Hopefully Brooks can still AA despite this large disadvantage. 

You'd think more short but decent wrestlers would consider converting to a sport like basketball where lower height guys are typically underrepresented. I know that there's a stigma being a pumpkin pusher (especially this time of year), but there are just so many scholarships available there, and can you imagine what an athlete like Brooks could do for PSU's below-the-rim game?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FearTheTurtle said:

Aren’t wrestlers basically short in general? The year AJ won the title, like a few weeks later they had him out at some OSU baseball game doing his flexing thing and celebrating with the team and he looked shorter than every single baseball player on the team. I think they put one thing in the program but in reality they are much shorter 

There were several 6'4, 6'8 think even a 7' on that team, maybe even no one under 5'11.  Betting any on these here boards would look short.

4 hours ago, ionel said:

There were several 6'4, 6'8 think even a 7' on that team, maybe even no one under 5'11.  Betting any on these here boards would look short.

That averages out to 5' 4"...Thank Allah Aaron Brooks wasnt out there

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

On 10/25/2023 at 1:36 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Brooks is amazing and strength won't be a problem at 197 but I can't help but wonder if his lack of length will be an issue against the longer 197 pounders.  

image.thumb.png.8302372fc9e217b762118bed039c69f5.png

Didn't the Focus win an NCAA title at 197 from his knees?  I rest my case.

10 hours ago, ionel said:

Didn't the Focus win an NCAA title at 197 from his knees?  I rest my case.

Not only were his knees glued to the mat, but he was also stuck halfway out of bounds. It was an all-time underdog story!

i am an idiot on the internet