Is Aaron Brooks too short for 197?

Jimmy Cinnabon

Look at this photo.  Brooks at 184 is noticeably shorter than O'Toole 165, Starocci 174 and 6" shorter than Nino Bonacorris at 197.  Parris may be close to a head taller than Brooks.  O'Toole is listed at 6'0 so I estimate that Brooks is no taller than 5'10.  A typical 197 pounder like Tanner Sloan is 6'2.

Brooks is amazing and strength won't be a problem at 197 but I can't help but wonder if his lack of length will be an issue against the longer 197 pounders.  

image.thumb.png.8302372fc9e217b762118bed039c69f5.png

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon
  • Haha 1

Given how insanely short he is, I have it on good authority that he uses a doggy door to get in and out of his house.  Thus saving significant time throughout the course of the season by virtue of not having to open or close his door.  This allows him the extra training time that's required in order for him to bridge the gap between himself and the "normal" wrestlers that are 6' and taller. 

Dog Doors: Everything to Know About Choosing the Right One - This Old House 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Did he ever say why he was bumping up? Is he a zero cutting guy? Idk why he didn't just stay at 184 and make Truax grow into 197. It would serve Brooks better for freestyle, too.

He’s second on the team USA ladder at 86 KG( 190 lbs) he wants and I’m sure plans for to make an Olympic team next season , cutting to 184 and worrying about his weight all season is not what’s best for him to make the team , easier to go 197 and become a full size 190 for trials 

• Fire 2

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with
the Lord. Scenes from my life flashed across the sky. In
each, I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were
two sets of footprints; other times there was only one.

During the low periods of my life I could see only one set of
footprints, so I said, "You promised me, Lord, that you would
walk with me always. Why, when I have needed you most,
have you not been there for me?"

The Lord replied, "The times when you have seen only one set
of footprints, my child, is when you were on the bike cutting weight. But 184 is a false prophet."

• Haha 3

i am an idiot on the internet

Did he ever say why he was bumping up? Is he a zero cutting guy? Idk why he didn't just stay at 184 and make Truax grow into 197. It would serve Brooks better for freestyle, too.

Because he wants to be a full size 189.6lb wrestler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

I get the joke you're making, but 174 Brooks would put him in the same tweener space he's in now for FS. Anyway maybe he's built like Mark Hall.

How’s he a tweener, he’s literally 2nd on the ladder at 86 kg, he was on this past world team , he beat zahid who went up to 92 after and medaled