How many rounds of voting will it take to elect Jim Jordan Speaker of the House?

How many rounds of voting will it take to elect Jim Jordan Speaker of the House?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How many rounds of voting will it take to elect Jim Jordan Speaker of the House?

• More than 1, but less than McCarthy
    • McCarthy
    • More than McCarthy
    • Jordan will not be elected Speaker of the House

• It takes 217 votes to be elected Speaker.
  • There are 221 Republicans in the House, 212 Democrats, and 2 vacancies.
  • Jordan received 124 to be nominated (81 against).
  • After his nomination, when asked if they would support his nomination he received 152 votes (55 against).
  • Will Jordan be able to convert 65 Republicans? Or can he get some Democrats to convert?
  • Voting is set to commence at noon ET tomorrow.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

6 hours ago, ionel said:

Why isn't that an option in the poll?  🤨

Agreed, needs to be posted.

That was the number of wrestlers who were abused while he was a collegiate coach and he turned a blind eye.

Jordan is complicit in the sexual abuse of those collegiate wrestlers.

Jordan is a sick man who isn't fit to hold any type of office. He's sick.
He should take time to get the counseling he needs to become a decent man again.

This will be interesting to see how this plays out. Really interested in how the first round of voting goes.  

It will take more moderate, just right of center republicans (my kind of folks) to hold to their convictions to keep him out of speaker, but I don’t think that will hold. I can see a first round of voting where mod R’s vote against, for the point of getting that vote on the record (R’s in states and districts that Biden won for example), then as the rounds of voting and pressure increases, those votes flip. They will then be able to fall behind the mantra that we have to have a speaker so we can handle all these conflicts, and that’s why they flipped their vote, but as the record shows it’s not what they wanted. 

Just my guess. How many rounds it takes, no clue. I do  know one thing, a few guys out there that have absolutely nothing to do with any of this probably having nightmares last night. Damn shame. 

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Agreed, needs to be posted.

That was the number of wrestlers who were abused while he was a collegiate coach and he turned a blind eye.

Jordan is complicit in the sexual abuse of those collegiate wrestlers.

Jordan is a sick man who isn't fit to hold any type of office. He's sick.
He should take time to get the counseling he needs to become a decent man again.

BS

• Fire 2

2 minutes ago, neutral said:

There is no such thing as a moderate republican.  They are all complicit trump maga.  Otherwise someone would have stepped up and voted to convict in the last impeachment.  The modern gop is maga.

Hmm.   4 of them did step up.  They are long gone.

27 minutes ago, neutral said:

There is no such thing as a moderate republican.  They are all complicit trump maga.  Otherwise someone would have stepped up and voted to convict in the last impeachment.  The modern gop is maga.

Would have to completely and totally disagree with you. It’s just the further from center they get, the louder they also get. You hear less about the moderates from either side, they’re not into the controversy and virtue wars. 

• Fire 2

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

ftfy

Do you wake and retire each day thinking of me?

I'm flattered,  but I honestly can't say I've ever seen anyone invoke me or my image more than you. 

My wife could learn something from your obsession,  ma'am.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

3 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

1 vote down. 8 Republicans do not vote for Jordan.

*eight Republican SO FAR. 

We'll see how long their moral courage holds up, or if this is just for show in case this (likely) goes poorly under Jordan and they want the out.

The Rs have a majority, but a very slim one.  It doesn't take many to mess up a speaker vote.   As we have seen.   I wonder how many speaker votes have ended with some dissent from the caucus other than this session of Congress.   Did Pelosi ever receive a no vote from a D in all her years as speaker?   Did Hastert?  Did anyone else?

mspart