Wrestle-offs Schedule and Results

flyingcement

54 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Is this the Manny Rojas who was caught on camera mocking Spencer Lee least year? 🤣

Yes.

I kind of expect him to transfer out, tbh.  Chittum coming in leaves him nowhere to go in two years.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

The ILLINI Wrestle-offs had their share of surprises yesterday. We have some of the results--and we think all of the final results--at this link. There's also Super 32 news involving IMAR, Lucas Byrd, Seth Mendoza and a bunch of ILLINOIS lads in the quarterfinals or fighting it out on the backside. Finally, we are spotlighting ILLINI Wrestling Babies. Regular babies are okay, I guess, but ILLINI Wrestling Babies are AWESOME.

Okay, we'll divulge a couple of the results: Kannon Webster beat last year's starter at 149, and Braeden Scoles beat the starter at 157 from two years ago. Looks like both the Brawlnagels are taking Olympic redshirt years, and Lucas Byrd is taking a medical shirt.

That explains Tony Madrigal's transfer from Oklahoma. According to eyewitnesses, he was fantastic in his wrestle-off. He had to be as Kole Brower is a tough ILLINOIS kid.   

ILLINIWRESTLING757.jpg

• Fire 3

Elijah Griffin (California Baptist) over Mitchell Neiner (California Baptist) (TF 15-0 1:48)
Hunter Leake (California Baptist) over Yoshiya Funakoshi (California Baptist) (Dec 4-1)
Darren Green (California Baptist) over Brady Hoshino (California Baptist) (Dec 5-2)
Dayne Morton (California Baptist) over Koa Ruiz (California Baptist) (Dec 10-5)
Carter Schubert (California Baptist) over Drayden Morton (California Baptist) (TB-1 2-1)
Mateo delaPena (California Baptist) over Mason Espinoza (California Baptist) (Dec 5-1)
Peter Acciardi (California Baptist) over Justin Phillips (California Baptist) (Dec 6-0)
Nathan Haas (California Baptist) over Keanu Trelles (California Baptist) (Fall 0:47)
Eli Sheeren (California Baptist) over Mahkyi Smith (California Baptist) (MD 14-4)
Max Acciardi (California Baptist) over Chris Island (California Baptist) (Dec 14-7)
  • Fire 2

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

On 10/10/2023 at 12:34 PM, BigRedFan said:

So, there's a school that uses a pre-season wrestle-off, to do what, exactly?  Can you give an example of a school's procedure?  I'm having a difficult time wrapping my head around a process that takes the choice of starter away from the coaching staff.

Well in Cornell case they use the Jonathan Kaloust Bearcat Open as their wrestle off

On 10/20/2023 at 2:27 PM, nhs67 said:

Why do you do this?  Are you trying to confuse and consume the dolts of the community?

I legitimately searched to see if OSU had accepted an offer to join the B1G AND decided to change their name in a somewhat all-timer troll move.

Added something for a chuckle of my own below...

LOL!.png

weird typo i thought it was spelled THE

Sorry Got one wrong.

SIU-Edwardsville
125- Davian Guanajuato over Gavin Alexander 4-2
133 - Marcel Lopez over Eric Almarinez 9-6
141 - Danny Martinez over Alec Peralta
149 - #15 Caleb Tyus Tech fall 19-4 over Braxton Strick
157 - Brock Woodcock 14-4 major over Caine Tyus
165 - Justin Ruffin 1-0 over Bradley Gillum
174 - Dom Lopez over Antonio Torres
184 - Derron Pulliam 12-3 major over Aaron Cramer