Israel Attacked

Bigbrog

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

"who is talking about forcible removal?"

"there are palestinians fearing for their life that want to leave"

who are they afraid of? fleeing under threat of death is forcible removal. will Israel commit to letting them return after the war? if not, that's ethnic cleansing.

Also, many Israeli's are pretty open about wanting to forcibly remove them. In fact, many of them want to kill all the arabs. You see that at almost every major Israeli rally. A government minister just advocated nuking Gaza (nukes they aren't even supposed to have btw).

you just keep repeating the same tautological premise.

you consistently shoot rockets at people, there's gonna be consequences. 

• Fire 1

TBD

Are they proposing to move the other Palestinians on the West Bank?   Remember, there are Palestinians in the Knesset.   So I don't think ethnic cleansing is the goal.   Getting bad guys out of Gaza is.   Leaving them in the west bank.   That is not ethnic cleansing in the way you want to make it out to be.  Of course you don't think they are bad guys but I refer you to Husker's response to you.   And I refer you to the 1400 people they raped, burned, tortured and killed, not as an act of self defense, but as an act of barbaric war that they now do not want.  Well, they got it because that is what they initiated. 

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it.

mspart

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

fleeing under threat of death is forcible removal ... that's ethnic cleansing.

Hamas threatens death to all Israelis until they leave. They offer no alternatives. No 2-state solution. Just death.

Hamas is openly and unapologetically proceeding in ethnic cleansing.

Hamas will not succeed.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

On 11/5/2023 at 9:37 PM, uncle bernard said:

obviously, the palestinians are the ones suffering for this political game between israel and the arab world,

The Palestinians are suffering because of the actions of the Palestinians.  Now and in the past.  Palestinian political geniuses did all of this calculating.  They knew there would be an Israeli response.  They knew, as does Uncle Bernard, that no Arabs would let them in.  Therefore they knew that their people would die due to their actions and they did it anyway.  They chose this.  The only miscalculation was that they misunderstood the resolve of the Israelis.  Cease fires help the sneak attack aggressors.  Imagine if Japan had asked for a cease fire after Pearl Harbor or Midway.  If Germany had called for a cease fire at the same time in June of 1942.  Antifa would have a real set of fascists to complain about rather than a reality TV show blowhard.  Unconditional surrender and begging for peace by the losing side is the only long term way out of this now because the next set of terrorists do not honor the agreements made by the last set of terrorists.  The tricky part is which side will be the losing side and who foolishly decides to join it?

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

It's also what Hamas says about the civilians it murdered on 10/7. It's moral weakness. Not surprising from you though.

Look, I don’t know about you, but as far as muslims are concerned, I am an infidel.  My life means nothing to them.   They’ve never done anything for me, nor would they, yet my money has gone to aid them.  They would as soon kill me as kill a Jew, and they don’t need any more excuse than that i am not of their religion.  I wouldn’t be able to avoid this by becoming a muslim, because I wouldn’t know whether to join the sunni or the shia, and evidently, the wrong choice is deadly.  So you enjoy running interference for them while you’re safe to do so.  But I’m not seeing the innocence.  

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Look, I don’t know about you, but as far as muslims are concerned, I am an infidel.  My life means nothing to them.   They’ve never done anything for me, nor would they, yet my money has gone to aid them.  They would as soon kill me as kill a Jew, and they don’t need any more excuse than that i am not of their religion.  I wouldn’t be able to avoid this by becoming a muslim, because I wouldn’t know whether to join the sunni or the shia, and evidently, the wrong choice is deadly.  So you enjoy running interference for them while you’re safe to do so.  But I’m not seeing the innocence.  

that is not what all muslims believe. simply a racist caricature. have you ever met a muslim?

After 9/11, my interactions with Muslims opened my eyes to a different perspective. I've worked alongside a Muslim colleague for over a decade, and I envy his kindness and humility. He represents one of the billions who adhere to the fundamental tenets of Islam, pray regularly, and harbor no intolerance to non-Muslims.

Similar to the Quran, there are controversial passages within the Hebrew and Christian Bibles that extremists interpret to rationalize violence. Some extremist groups lay claim to Christianity, yet the majority view Christianity as a religion that promotes peace. More than 120 scholars have attested to Islam's core message of peace.

Understanding the nuances of religious texts is complex, especially when coupled with sociopolitical issues that can lead to violence. Some of y'all are making misguided generalizations about Muslims. I think this comes from America's indoctrination, as well as the mental shortcuts and cognitive biases that prevent nuanced understanding of different viewpoints, like those shared by @BerniePragle.  

• Fire 2

7 hours ago, jross said:

After 9/11, my interactions with Muslims opened my eyes to a different perspective. I've worked alongside a Muslim colleague for over a decade, and I envy his kindness and humility. He represents one of the billions who adhere to the fundamental tenets of Islam, pray regularly, and harbor no intolerance to non-Muslims.

Similar to the Quran, there are controversial passages within the Hebrew and Christian Bibles that extremists interpret to rationalize violence. Some extremist groups lay claim to Christianity, yet the majority view Christianity as a religion that promotes peace. More than 120 scholars have attested to Islam's core message of peace.

Understanding the nuances of religious texts is complex, especially when coupled with sociopolitical issues that can lead to violence. Some of y'all are making misguided generalizations about Muslims. I think this comes from America's indoctrination, as well as the mental shortcuts and cognitive biases that prevent nuanced understanding of different viewpoints, like those shared by @BerniePragle.  

Your associate may be a wonderful human being, I don’t know, you haven’t said anything about how he treats his wife, daughters, or women in general.  There are muslims in Israel who live normal lives.  As has been said, there are a few who serve in the Knesset.  There are cases of honor killing and genital mutilation in this country.  Then there’s the idea that it’s honorable to lie to infidels.  If you want to diagnose something, diagnose how long you, your humble friend, and I would last in Gaza. 

33 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Your associate may be a wonderful human being, I don’t know, you haven’t said anything about how he treats his wife, daughters, or women in general.  There are muslims in Israel who live normal lives.  As has been said, there are a few who serve in the Knesset.  There are cases of honor killing and genital mutilation in this country.  Then there’s the idea that it’s honorable to lie to infidels.  If you want to diagnose something, diagnose how long you, your humble friend, and I would last in Gaza. 

assuming people of a certain race/religion are bad people until proven otherwise is racism. you are a racist. 

25 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Who can really know how a person treats their family in the privacy of their own home? 

The 'perfect' outward-facing family with matching clothes that go to Christian church each week, with the Mensa 10-year-old, had an accidental butt dial with me one day before school.  I hear multiple children cussing and calling their siblings names.  I hear Dad say, "Drown that bitch."  They don't have any pets, but they did have a young daughter.  My wife stumbled on Mom scolding the children about how stupid they were with cuss words when she thought nobody was around.  This family was with a baseball team I coached...

So no, I can't tell you how my colleague treats people in privacy.  I know how he treats women in public, including a retirement age Morman and younger ladies in their 20s.  I know he treated his wife well when I had dinner at their home.  His young kid's faces light up around him, and the kids attend public school.

I have worked with and managed Muslims (and Hindus) for years in the US and India... the colleague is one I hired and got to know a little better.  I know he and other people with brown skin fear for their safety in rural America.

We wouldn't last long in Gaza, just as we wouldn't last long around the regions where the 'Christian' Lord's Resistance Army operates.

Did you know that 18% of Israeli citizens are Muslim?
https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/israel/
https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/what-know-about-arab-citizens-israel

Religions

Jewish 73.5%, Muslim 18.1%, Christian 1.9%, Druze 1.6%, other 4.9% (2022 est.)

I knew it was a substantial population, but not exact.  The issue is, that that is not the case in Gaza or many other Muslim areas around the world, including the French no go zones.  Infidels are not tolerated.  In Gaza many of the Palestinians actively support Hamas, yet are claimed to be innocents when they suffer for their activity.  Bibi said he would cease the fighting for a return of the hostages, yet around the world few are pressuring Hamas to release the hostages - over twenty are Americans - while many are protesting Israel’s efforts to rescue them.  

You can tell a lot about the Muslim’s attitude by how their women dress.  

21 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

I knew it was a substantial population, but not exact.  The issue is, that that is not the case in Gaza or many other Muslim areas around the world, including the French no go zones.  Infidels are not tolerated.  In Gaza many of the Palestinians actively support Hamas, yet are claimed to be innocents when they suffer for their activity.  Bibi said he would cease the fighting for a return of the hostages, yet around the world few are pressuring Hamas to release the hostages - over twenty are Americans - while many are protesting Israel’s efforts to rescue them.  

You can tell a lot about the Muslim’s attitude by how their women dress.  

This is utter BS. Just hateful fantasy. Everybody wants Hamas to release the hostages. Hamas itself has offered to release the hostages in exchange for a release of illegally held Palestinian prisoners (the major strategic reason for hostage taking in the first place). Israel has chosen to ignore any diplomatic route to release in favor of bombing Gaza, undoubtedly killing hostages alongside their captors. That's why there are protests by family members of hostages in Israel.