A.J. Ferrari's case has been dismissed, he will join the Hawkeyes next season

Jimmy Cinnabon

1 hour ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

So the lawyer maintains her client is innocent after he was convicted, but doesn't say why. Weird thing to throw in here. 

So here's an article on why it's being dismissed: https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/sexual-battery-case-dismissed-against-aj-ferrari/article_aaedc456-6493-11ee-be16-83d27698e540.html

“The young woman who is at the center of this matter has endured in the last year vicious attacks on multiple forms of social media, continuing trauma, blame, harassment, ostracism and indirect threats to her career: a career she has just begun,” Thomas wrote in the motion to dismiss. “She has made the very difficult decision after consultation with her family that her further involvement is much less important than her health, a career that she loves and the ugliness and hatred that she encounters and suffers each time this matter progresses to the next step. The office of the District Attorney supports her decision to be relieved from this further participation in the prosecution of this case by dismissing this matter.”

I wouldn't say it's a declaration of innocence by any means. Seems she's been harassed to the point where she felt it was no longer worth it. 

Edited by pokemonster
Modified post.
  • Fire 4

15 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

Perhaps the purported victim is simply trying to save face after realizing her allegations were self-contradictory and likely to get her branded for life as a false accuser?   Who wants to be like the female U.Va. student in the Rolling Stone-related fraud to which Ann Coulter referred in a prior post within this thread?    That gal was shown to have made stuff up and even a female dean (or administrator?) at U.Va. subsequently recovered damages from U.Va. for having been called lethargic, or something to that effect.

I have no ties to the Ferrari family, by the way.   But I think that "he said / she said" clashes that have often been found to be motivated by a thirst for attention, revenge, or compensation should be very rigorously scrutinized before someone's consequently turned into a long term jailbird (or even a short term one) for them.    Hopefully A.J. Ferrari won't mix up with the wrong people in the future and get accused again.   That said, I'm not saying that his accuser lied, either.   But the reasonable doubt burden of proof isn't easy for prosecutors to surmount.   Nor should it be, should it?   

6 minutes ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

Perhaps the purported victim is simply trying to save face after realizing her allegations were self-contradictory and likely to get her branded for life as a false accuser?   Who wants to be like the female U.Va. student in the Rolling Stone-related fraud to which Ann Coulter referred in a prior post within this thread?    That gal was shown to have made stuff up and even a female dean (or administrator?) at U.Va. subsequently recovered damages from U.Va. for having been called lethargic, or something to that effect.

I have no ties to the Ferrari family, by the way.   But I think that "he said / she said" clashes that have often been found to be motivated by a thirst for attention, revenge, or compensation should be very rigorously scrutinized before someone's consequently turned into a long term jailbird (or even a short term one) for them.    Hopefully A.J. Ferrari won't mix up with the wrong people in the future and get accused again.   That said, I'm not saying that his accuser lied, either.   But the reasonable doubt burden of proof isn't easy for prosecutors to surmount.   Nor should it be, should it?   

C’mon this is a garbage post.  AJ is innocent until proven guilty, but so is his accuser and yet you’re basically accusing her of filling false charges.  Lots of cases get dropped for lack of evidence or various other reasons other than the charges being fabricated.

The “thirst for attention” claim doesn’t really make sense since I’m pretty sure most people (including myself) have no idea who she is, and the “attention” is the exact reason given for dropping the charges.

• Fire 6

My post said the following, did it not?

>That said, I'm not saying that his accuser lied, either. <

As for attention, plenty of women want attention from a select few but not the barbarian hordes.   Your rebuttal is therefore not necessarily successful.   

Hopefully A. J. will not be harassed with the accuser's allegations for his college wrestling career (or beyond).   I've provided various reasons why he shouldn't be, within this thread.    

Hopefully others who read this thread will learn to avoid situations that can lead to false accusations, too.    

Uh oh...Andrew Long just came to mind.  I think I'll log off for a while rather than go into that subject.

7 minutes ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

My post said the following, did it not?

>That said, I'm not saying that his accuser lied, either. <

As for attention, plenty of women want attention from a select few but not the barbarian hordes.   Your rebuttal is therefore not necessarily successful.   

Hopefully A. J. will not be harassed with the accuser's allegations for his college wrestling career (or beyond).   I've provided various reasons why he shouldn't be, within this thread.    

Hopefully others who read this thread will learn to avoid situations that can lead to false accusations, too.    

Uh oh...Andrew Long just came to mind.  I think I'll log off for a while rather than go into that subject.

You weren’t saying the accuser lied but you wrote multiple paragraphs about accusers lying, got it.

• Fire 3

18 minutes ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

A.J. was accused but she can't be?   

Sure but if anyone did that that complained about AJ being accused (not you of course, you’re definitely not accusing her of lying!) it’d make them a hypocrite

I do not believe that A.J. deserves to be ostracized from the wrestling community under the circumstances.   I hope he gets on with his life productively and happily.   

Perhaps becoming an outcast contributed to the downfall of Andrew Long ?   Is this article about the Andrew Long who wrestled for Iowa State and such?   The article says he's now deceased, leaving behind questions as to how it happened.   

https://www.myjournalcourier.com/news/article/Five-years-gone-Family-seeks-answers-about-17564520.php

The author's got Iowa State ties and the body's apparently buried in Illinois.   

4 hours ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

The prosecution can continue to prosecute, but if it feels it can't get a conviction beyond a reasonable doubt, it has reason to let go and move on to the next cases.   Sometimes prosecutions happen anyway though.   Prosecutor Nifong campaigned on the Duke lacrosse rape prosecution endeavor for re-election, but it seems to have backfired on him after he got re-elected.  I've not read up on it in nearly a decade.    

Nifong was tampering with evidence and it was later found out that he had done it in other cases also. He was nothing more than a media hound looking to farther his career at the expense of the innocent and guilty.

• Fire 1

22 minutes ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

I do not believe that A.J. deserves to be ostracized from the wrestling community under the circumstances.   I hope he gets on with his life productively and happily.   

Perhaps becoming an outcast contributed to the downfall of Andrew Long ?   Is this article about the Andrew Long who wrestled for Iowa State and such?   The article says he's now deceased, leaving behind questions as to how it happened.   

https://www.myjournalcourier.com/news/article/Five-years-gone-Family-seeks-answers-about-17564520.php

You gotta be trolling now if you’re alluding to defending Long.

And no, that’s not him.  He got a DUI in 2021 - https://www.crestonnews.com/records/2021/01/26/police/

Edited by 1032004
  • Fire 2

16 minutes ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

Thanks for the info. about Andrew Long.   What a shame that he got a DUI after all he's already been through.   May A.J. not endure a similar fate in the future.   

What a shame he was drinking and driving after what he already put everyone else through. 

• Fire 3

3 hours ago, Le duke said:

How many points do you think AJ Ferrari can score, exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's also very capable of 

3 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

He's a NCAA champion capable of delivering a team title to a team other than Penn State.  That's why.

He's also very capable of (a) undermining the well-being and chemistry of a team; (b) directing lots of unnecessary energy to his narcissistic needs; (c) besmirching the reputation of another school and program; (d) committing more crimes; (e) embarrassing the sport of wrestling; (f) losing to Aaron Brooks at 197; (g) becoming even more of a joke himself.  

If you will sell your own "soul" for a chance at one guy winning a title, then it suggests your sense of "dignity" is pretty low and isn't worth much.

• Fire 3

2 hours ago, pokemonster said:

So here's an article on why it's being dismissed: https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/sexual-battery-case-dismissed-against-aj-ferrari/article_aaedc456-6493-11ee-be16-83d27698e540.html

“The young woman who is at the center of this matter has endured in the last year vicious attacks on multiple forms of social media, continuing trauma, blame, harassment, ostracism and indirect threats to her career: a career she has just begun,” Thomas wrote in the motion to dismiss. “She has made the very difficult decision after consultation with her family that her further involvement is much less important than her health, a career that she loves and the ugliness and hatred that she encounters and suffers each time this matter progresses to the next step. The office of the District Attorney supports her decision to be relieved from this further participation in the prosecution of this case by dismissing this matter.”

I wouldn't say it's a declaration of innocence by any means. Seems she's been harassed to the point where she felt it was no longer worth it. 

Given these circumstances and his prior actions at Ok state that nobody denies (irresponsible use of guns and almost killing somebody with his driving), the idea of bringing him onto a college campus once again is a very scary prospect. Any coach that makes that decision should be held accountable if he were to behave as history tells us he likely will. 

• Fire 1

On an Attorney defending a Clients innocence after a jury finds them guilty.

Many cases now where DNA evidence shows the convicted person in prison was not the perpetrator.

Eyewitness testimony is always suspect.

Many reasons a victim may not follow through to testimony in court. Opens them to being savaged by a defense attorney. At times can make the trauma much worse than what originally brought them to file a complaint.

As for this turkey & Iowa - he and Brands deserve each other.

Somehow I don't see "The Punt God" getting an NFL job now that proof shows he was not there when the alleged rapes happened. He, just like the Lacrosse guys - gets screwed big time even if not guilty.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

6 hours ago, AgaveMaria said:

On an Attorney defending a Clients innocence after a jury finds them guilty.

Many cases now where DNA evidence shows the convicted person in prison was not the perpetrator.

Eyewitness testimony is always suspect.

Many reasons a victim may not follow through to testimony in court. Opens them to being savaged by a defense attorney. At times can make the trauma much worse than what originally brought them to file a complaint.

As for this turkey & Iowa - he and Brands deserve each other.

Somehow I don't see "The Punt God" getting an NFL job now that proof shows he was not there when the alleged rapes happened. He, just like the Lacrosse guys - gets screwed big time even if not guilty.

The NFL seems like an odd comparison given the number of criminals and alleged criminals currently playing.  If Araiza is good he will get another chance.

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

It sounds like somebody didn't like him very much.

12 hours ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

Perhaps the purported victim is simply trying to save face after realizing her allegations were self-contradictory and likely to get her branded for life as a false accuser? 

Report ~month ago, defense was able to get access to her phone for evidence.  Does mean AJ didn't do it or that she is a false accuser.  But might mean she didn't want to be drug thru the mud with any and everything the defense might try to use on her phone.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

The NFL seems like an odd comparison given the number of criminals and alleged criminals currently playing.  If Araiza is good he will get another chance.

He's a punter, so probably not.

If he played QB it would be a different story.  Look at Deshaun Watson for example....after everything happened the Browns gave him a guaranteed $250 million contract.

• Fire 1