Austin Gomez

Gus

With this development + the potential dropping of Iowa suspensions there is a real race for the team title this upcoming season.  I still favor Penn State (as I'm a PSU homer) but I think Iowa and Michigan will be nipping at their heels.

If Iowa can find a way to squeeze those 5 or 6 transfers into their lineup they will be all the better for it!

1 hour ago, Ohio Elite said:

Didn't he pin Ridge Lovett a few years back?

He pinned Lovett two B1Gs ago.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Gomez pinned RBY.  He's a title contender and very dangerous.

He pinned RBY on January 1st, 2019 at 133lbs.  That match has zero relevance to today.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

7 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He pinned RBY on January 1st, 2019 at 133lbs.  That match has zero relevance to today.

He got pinned by Chance Lamer at the NCAA .... sorry. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

3 minutes ago, Idaho said:

He got pinned by Chance Lamer at the NCAA .... sorry. 

Guy got hurt before B1Gs and probably shouldn't have been wrestling.  Before he got hurt he beat Lamer 17-10 in a match that he controlled basically everything.

17 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

How many people have beaten RBY in college?  Beating a 2x NCAA champ means Gomez has a certain level of skill...doesn't matter that it happened a few seasons ago.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

How many people have beaten RBY in college?  Beating a 2x NCAA champ means Gomez has a certain level of skill...doesn't matter that it happened a few seasons ago.

He lost seven times that year and placed 8th.  That is not the same RBY that won two titles.

5 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Or Lamer made some good adjustments.

You're talking the the resident Michigan fanboy on these forums.  You know that.

Lamer didn't make adjustments.  Gomez wasn't the same Gomez he was at the beginning of the season.  Keep in mind that Gomez beat Sasso AND Johnny D.  Lamer went on to lose to Murin his very next match.

• Fire 1

22 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Guy got hurt before B1Gs and probably shouldn't have been wrestling.  Before he got hurt he beat Lamer 17-10 in a match that he controlled basically everything.

I would agree that he wasn't at his best.... a healthy, ready to go Gomez will be fun. Michigan put themselves into the #2 spot IMO. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

31 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

You're talking the the resident Michigan fanboy on these forums.  You know that.

Lamer didn't make adjustments.  Gomez wasn't the same Gomez he was at the beginning of the season.  Keep in mind that Gomez beat Sasso AND Johnny D.  Lamer went on to lose to Murin his very next match.

Wait a sec fanboy - Whose singlet was Lamer wearing when he got lucky and pinned a diminished Gomez?