Highest Placing Freshman at Each Weight

steamboat_charlie

30 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Cael said in the off-season that Robbie will get all his eligibility back and still has 4 years , so idk if that’s Cael just knowing the system or if they received conformation or what but Cael isn’t known for just randomly spouting bs so I’ll take him at his word 

If you segregate the 125lb weight class from the others, he is.

After all... Nicky Skeletor is still in the basement rolling around.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Rumor has it that new stud incomming frosh for Michigan, Mogan Lassa will compete for the 197lb spot for Michigan.  Looks eerily familiar to Logan Massa, just with a bit of a gut.

• Fire 2

33 minutes ago, Gus said:

It must have been his losses to Barnett, Deaugustino, McKee, Lamont and Heinselman that make you so certain he will be a lock. Or perhaps his current ranking or #19?

Was hurt.  Don't count.

Just like Taylor's win over Yazdani don't count because he had a bunch of tape all over his body - indicating he was hurt.

• Fire 1

35 minutes ago, Gus said:

It must have been his losses to Barnett, Deaugustino, McKee, Lamont and Heinselman that make you so certain he will be a lock. Or perhaps his current ranking or #19?

Yes 3 years ago when he was a 18 yr old true freshman , wrestling during Covid shortened season with one arm lol now he has 2 healthy arms (hopefully) and spent the last few years learning and training with Thomas Gilman and RBY , oh and some guy named Cael , idk why you seem so triggered by my prediction 

5 hours ago, steamboat_charlie said:

285) Dayton Pitzer - Pitt - RS Freshman.  I know people would expect Feldman here, but I'm going to go Pitzer.  For one, Feldman hasn't wrestled a match in over a year.  And second, Pitzer made the finals at Midland as an undersized true freshman and has wins over guys like Schultz and Hillger.  

Who'd I miss?

I like Pitzer Pitzer!!  but Carroll could be a factor here.  

58 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Yes 3 years ago when he was a 18 yr old true freshman , wrestling during Covid shortened season with one arm lol now he has 2 healthy arms (hopefully) and spent the last few years learning and training with Thomas Gilman and RBY , oh and some guy named Cael , idk why you seem so triggered by my prediction 

Not triggered at all. Just have different a definition of “lock” than you do. Again, I think Howard has the ceiling to be a high AA but in no universe does his body of work suggest that he is a lock to AA. 

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, ionel said:

I like Pitzer Pitzer!!  but Carroll could be a factor here.  

Carroll is more NCAA ready but has a lower ceiling. Pitzer needs to leave yinzer to maximize his potential. Riding the pine for one year at Michigan would do him a career full of wonders.

i am an idiot on the internet

48 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Carroll is more NCAA ready but has a lower ceiling. Pitzer needs to leave yinzer to maximize his potential. Riding the pine for one year at Michigan would do him a career full of wonders.

I have high hopes for a Frosh currently on their roster.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

Pitzer did beat Shultz last year and has put on 20 pounds. Gavin does a good job developing his guys. 

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Gus said:

Pitzer did beat Shultz last year and has put on 20 pounds. Gavin does a good job developing his guys. 

Yes and Yes.  But he’s not going to beat out Hopke at UM so he might as well go to the second best place and it ain’t PSU.

i am an idiot on the internet

11 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

2021 was the free year not 2020.

Yeah, Howard has wrestled in an NCAA tournament.  If one wants to call someone with 4 years of eligibility a redshirt freshman that’s fine I guess, but clearly the OP is referring to freshmen/redshirt freshmen that have not wrestled in an NCAA tournament.

I think I’d go with Spratley for 125.