2023 World Wrestling tournament...

D3 for LU

17 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

I was wondering the same, and Chance clearly schemed well to beat Jordan. I think if he had enough tape and feel for these international guys he could probably do the same and game plan well against them.

But you simply can't discount Chance's ability in winning a tournament with Dieringer, Starocci, Marinelli, McFadden, etc. There's no way he simply spent 2 years focusing on Burroughs or he wouldn't have even made it through the Open. JB had months to prepare for Chance and didn't get it done. 

The previous qualifying rules where returning medalists faced the WTT winner on the same day as the WTT tournament was an attempt to give a little credit to wrestlers who were proven on the international level.

But people cried because their favorite wrestlers were not proven. So now we’re requiring our best guys to compete against the best in the world while simultaneously fending off US opponents who are focusing on them specifically for years.

I think the result of the current qualifying system is inferior teams, but — oh well — that’s what US fans want. 

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Would they have to change the transfer rules to do this?

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He would have to sit two more years or something like that?  Not sure.

He already went from Russia to Bahrain in 2022.  He wouldn't be eligible until 2025 Worlds and that is if Worlds were after 9/18/25.

It was more tongue in cheek because he's not going back AINal/ROC/Russia anytime soon given the political climate. He would have to sit out, at most, one worlds tournament but that is unlikely in the UWW digital age. Olympics is usually two years so if the paperwork starts by Dec. 31, 2025 then he could go back.

i am an idiot on the internet

2 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:

My Darkhorse World Champion Jennifer Page, better get this done!

The Ukrainian looked great in her fast work of a pin.  This Chinese lady is handling her, though.

• Stalling 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

6 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

It was more tongue in cheek because he's not going back AINal/ROC/Russia anytime soon given the political climate. He would have to sit out, at most, one worlds tournament but that is unlikely in the UWW digital age. Olympics is usually two years so if the paperwork starts by Dec. 31, 2025 then he could go back.

You mean he doesn't want to represent Athletes for Independent Neutrasia?

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

If he doesn't want AINal then it's off the table

Listen, man.  You got to be open to experimentation.  If you aren't willing to (d)evolve, then you and your S.O. will suffer for it.

Don't suffer.  Surthrive.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Listen, man.  You got to be open to experimentation.  If you aren't willing to (d)evolve, then you and your S.O. will suffer for it.

Don't suffer.  Surthrive.

Sometimes you just need to open the second bottle of champaign and see where the road goes. Some roads lead to Hersey, PA...

i am an idiot on the internet

Just now, Doublehalf said:

Would anyone have guessed that Rivera could be the one to break the Gold Medal drought at 65kg for the US?? I mean, Puerto Rico is a territory of the US...

I've been sitting around stewing on this. He's clearly the dog to  Mus  (what a tournament he has had btw) but..... 
1 match I can see it happening .... hahah Seabass World Champ cracks me up, when he'd be such a dog to Yainni or Nick Lee, but America winning a World Title feels so far away 

• Fire 1

Can I also note that if he does win. 
There will be a lot of "Casual" fans, that come around for the Olympics next year and straight up decide 
"Seabass is the returning World Champion, we have wrestlers better than the world champ, we are the Olympic favorites" 
It'll make me smile 

• Fire 1

Just now, Takuto_Otoguro said:

Stop lol. Seabass isn't going to win at 65.  

Seabass aint great. 
and
Mus just beat 3 amazing wrestlers to make the finals 
but.... 
In what world has Mus been reliable . 
lol Everyone is shocked obviously. 
Seabass simply outpacing him, is realistic  man. 
I wouldn't bet on it, but if its down to the final 10 seconds, I won't be surprised 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Takuto_Otoguro said:

There is a tiny handful of guys who can beat this Musukaev that has shown up in Belgrade. He won the gold in the semi final. Yes I am setting my self up to get dunked on but I believe it and see no way he loses to seabass

Okay...

Blake-Griffin.png?w=1200%26h=800%26crop=

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

14 minutes ago, Doublehalf said:

Would anyone have guessed that Rivera could be the one to break the Gold Medal drought at 65kg for the US?? I mean, Puerto Rico is a territory of the US and only a matter of time before it becomes a state...

Before seeing the brackets? No one. 

After seeing the brackets? There were some I spoke with who did predict he would make the final, others only the semifinal.

But predicting is easy. All credit to him for doing the deed.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge