Twitter is better

jross

On 8/4/2023 at 8:37 PM, GreatWhiteNorth said:

And, no it isn't liberals' rejecting the rebranding... it is people of both parties. Including yourself. Right here

Rebranded as 'X' - we still all call it Twitter... because about a month into it, nobody is buying in.

It is simply an enormous rebranding failure. (Which is 100% on topic with the OP.)

Deflect by bringing up the vaccine, or any of the many dumb Fox News topics designed specifically for dummies to repeat when they have nothing important or legitimate to say. 

Twitter hasn't gotten better - and the changes we've seen (like the logo) have only taken it backward.

It's not political. Maybe best to get off that high horse. It's just people rejecting unhelpful change. (That used up R vs D bent is getting old.)

what in the actual ef are you babbling about?

i never said i 'rejected' anything about the rebranding. i honestly don't give a rip. 

the fact you're so passionate about it is borderline disturbing. 

it's a company that changed it's branding. who cares? did you care this much about meta/fb? or anything else? ever?

bizarre

TBD

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

what in the actual ef are you babbling about?

i never said i 'rejected' anything about the rebranding. i honestly don't give a rip. 

the fact you're so passionate about it is borderline disturbing. 

it's a company that changed it's branding. who cares? did you care this much about meta/fb? or anything else? ever?

bizarre

The logo is bad. Not a complicated message. 

It's a message board - that's what we do here, we chime in with our opinions.

I haven't posted about the rebranding for days. In fact, since the same day you posted on the topic.

You are the one bringing it up again... that is borderline disturbing that you try to blame it on me.

On 8/4/2023 at 6:20 PM, Husker_Du said:

liberals' fascination with complaining about twitter is really something. 

like junior high girls. 

they love to bash anything twitter (that is an option to use/look at)

but lined up in droves to take an experimental vaccine

... then again, if you insist on being a complete turd about this.

• Your guy, Trump, as president put the vaccine on the fast track with Operation Warp Speed - which he created.
  • Your guy, Trump, got the vaccine himself, and also boosters.
  • Your guy, Trump, encouraged others to get vaccinated. Even at his rallies (sometimes with replies of boo's.)
  • Your guy, Trump, was a vaccine guy.

You try to tell us the vaccine is a liberal thing... it isn't, it wasn't, you're full of shit here.

I do have to give credit to Trump - or whoever influenced him. He made the right call multiple times.

• Fire 1

12 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

... then again, if you insist on being a complete turd about this.

• Your guy, Trump, as president put the vaccine on the fast track with Operation Warp Speed - which he created.
  • Your guy, Trump, got the vaccine himself, and also boosters.
  • Your guy, Trump, encouraged others to get vaccinated. Even at his rallies (sometimes with replies of boo's.)
  • Your guy, Trump, was a vaccine guy.

You try to tell us the vaccine is a liberal thing... it isn't, it wasn't, you're full of shit here.

I do have to give credit to Trump - or whoever influenced him. He made the right call multiple times.

Yes Trump did that and what would you be saying if he didn't?  

But in the beginning, the vaccine was for those that needed it.   Old people, people with bad immune systems, obese, with diabetes, or other comorbidities.   Young people were not in danger of it and this was known.   Even middle aged people were not in great danger of it.   All of that action to have everyone vaccinated was a liberal cause.   All of the lengthy shutdowns was a liberal cause.   Interminable mask mandates was a liberal cause.   Saying you risk everyone else if you don't wear a mask was a liberal cause.   See reaction of MSNBC's Rachel Maddow when DCD lifted their mask mandate.    She had to consciously think that that unmasked person was not a threat.   I'm sure you can find the youtube of that one.   And she ain't no conservative.  This is all well known and documented. 

So what you are trying to say is that Trump got the vaccine going and he's not liberal so it was not a liberal issue.  My perspective is that not knowing exactly how things with covid were, it was prudent of any President to get a remedy as quickly as possible.   But all the hysteria after that was liberal politics.  

For the US, here is the up to date covid death chart:

image.png.2ca6793d93a8e838d467495919bba70a.png

As you can see, most of the deaths were for folks above 50 years old.    Younger folks didn't have much concern.

image.png.29e6aa2b1c9229b3bb0ae54c320ef73f.png

This is who contracted covid.   Few older folks got it but it killed more of them.   Lots of younger folks got it but were mostly unaffected. 

Compare age of contracting covid vs that age group death and you get a rate.  I'll do a few. 

For those 85+, death rate was 15.8%

For those 50-64  death rate was 1.1%.

For 40-49, death rate was 0.33%.

For 0-17, death rate was 0.098%. 

Vaccinating school age kids is almost worthless.   But that too is a liberal cause.   Why?  Because for liberals, covid is death, which as you can see is not the case.   The upshot is no matter what age you are, you have a slim chance of dying from covid.   But the older group certainly has a greater chance.  

mspart

• Fire 4

12 minutes ago, mspart said:

I can't edit now but for 0-17, death rate was 0.0098%.   It is in error above by a factor of 10. 

mspart

Bob gave you your 15 minutes.  You will now forever been known as the poster who is always off by 10x.  😉

9 hours ago, mspart said:

I won't engage in fictional scenarios of "what if"... we've got enough here & now problems to deal with.

What I do know is that Trump made the right call, multiple times, on the vaccine.

Trump, as President, was pro-vaccine.

And I applaud him for that. (Maybe the only thing I applaud him for.)

• Fire 1

16 hours ago, mspart said:

But in the beginning, the vaccine was for those that needed it.   Old people, people with bad immune systems, obese, with diabetes, or other comorbidities.   Young people were not in danger of it and this was known.   Even middle aged people were not in great danger of it.   All of that action to have everyone vaccinated was a liberal cause.   All of the lengthy shutdowns was a liberal cause.   Interminable mask mandates was a liberal cause.   Saying you risk everyone else if you don't wear a mask was a liberal cause.   See reaction of MSNBC's Rachel Maddow when DCD lifted their mask mandate.    She had to consciously think that that unmasked person was not a threat.   I'm sure you can find the youtube of that one.   And she ain't no conservative.  This is all well known and documented. 

So what you are trying to say is that Trump got the vaccine going and he's not liberal so it was not a liberal issue.  My perspective is that not knowing exactly how things with covid were, it was prudent of any President to get a remedy as quickly as possible.   But all the hysteria after that was liberal politics.  

As you can see, most of the deaths were for folks above 50 years old.    Younger folks didn't have much concern.

This is who contracted covid.   Few older folks got it but it killed more of them.   Lots of younger folks got it but were mostly unaffected. 

Compare age of contracting covid vs that age group death and you get a rate.  I'll do a few. 

Vaccinating school age kids is almost worthless.   But that too is a liberal cause.   Why?  Because for liberals, covid is death, which as you can see is not the case.   The upshot is no matter what age you are, you have a slim chance of dying from covid.   But the older group certainly has a greater chance.  

mspart

THIS!!!!  Saying this about a year ago would have got you called names like it did me without actually addressing the data.  Noticed GWN wouldn't touch the actual data with a ten-foot pole in his response.  Nor will any of the other pro-covid-hysteria types on here.

• Fire 2

16 hours ago, mspart said:

mspart

Great job laying out the  truth. Very well done. This will be interesting seeing the responses from -----.

• Fire 1
  • Stalling 1

Just now, Paul158 said:

It takes a man to admit when you are wrong. They might surprise us. Again outstanding job on the research MSPART. 

Agreed!!  I know I have admitted to being wrong many many times on here.  Don't expect that though from...cough cough...

And yes, excellent job on MSPART's...well...part.  Har...Har

• Fire 1

I like a lot of the data above, but gets 'okay time to walk away' for me when we again have to revert everything back to conservative vs liberal.  I know liberals who very much agree with what is being said above, I also know conservatives vaxxed to the gills.     The most sickening thing to me about covid is that it was a global health issue, that people on both sides made into a political issue and based their decisions on the politics. 

• Fire 1

17 hours ago, mspart said:

I can't edit now but for 0-17, death rate was 0.0098%.   It is in error above by a factor of 10. 

mspart

I know you are a busy guy and appreciate your efforts. Can you make a graph of total deaths during same time period. Thanks

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I like a lot of the data above, but gets 'okay time to walk away' for me when we again have to revert everything back to conservative vs liberal.  I know liberals who very much agree with what is being said above, I also know conservatives vaxxed to the gills.     The most sickening thing to me about covid is that it was a global health issue, that people on both sides made into a political issue and based their decisions on the politics. 

I would agree with this.  The number one thing that went sideways on this was it getting political, and that was done by both sides.  True science and data went completely out the window. 

But it still was crazy, and still is, that when presented with actual facts and data, people wouldn't listen to, or even acknowledge it, and ultimately admit they were wrong about Covid.  They just double down with the emotional talking points that hold no basis of reality other than to invoke an emotional response.

I got my data from US sources.   It is not that difficult to find the actual facts. 

Google - US covid deaths by age   https://www.statista.com/statistics/1191568/reported-deaths-from-covid-by-age-us/

Google - US covid cases by age    https://www.statista.com/statistics/1254271/us-total-number-of-covid-cases-by-age-group/

These searches will give you the data I showed above earlier.    All it does is show a gross picture of what is happening.   The numbers are big.   Only when you calculate the rates do you begin to see the underwhelming truth of how horrible it wasn't.   Granted it put a lot of people under.   But most of those were older and/or susceptible to disease due to comorbidities.   The young meaning 50 and younger generally had nothing to fear from Covid.   But the hysteria over it does not share that reality.   If you had it, and entered society, you were walking death for everyone around you, as personified by Rachel Maddow.   The actual fact of the matter is that, no you weren't.  

The actual fact is if you had it, most people you contacted would not get it.   Of those unfortunate enough that would get it, very very few would succumb. 

Many people that died in the early stages died of dehydration and malnutrition because they were in the hospital and no one wanted to go near because it was almost certain death to do so.  

Saying that, the first version was deadlier than later versions as the virus lost its virulence as it mutated as predicted by rational people.   Irrational people continued to think it was existential to the point that they wanted 6 month olds vaccinated.     

My mother died in early Feb 2020 of pancreatic cancer.   Just before the covid shutdown.   We buried her end of Feb and made ready for a memorial for her where she lived in a retirement place.   I prepared a short eulogy and was told no one from the outside was allowed in the bldg.   This was early Mar 2020.   I said, ok, and sent them the eulogy that they could share with all the residents who were friends with  my mom.   I heard nothing so I called a week later and within those few days, the facility was completely shut down and residents were not allowed to leave their apartments.  The memorial was never done.   I feel very blessed for me and my sisters and brother that my mother died before all that and I feel like it was a blessing for her also.    How horrible that time was for elderly folks who fell ill. 

We could only hold a funeral where extended family could come in Aug 2020.   We were on our way when we got a call from someone that said my daughter had covid.   So we stopped in LaGrande Oregon and asked my sisters what they thought.   They were all above 60 and one with diabetes.   They each in their own way said not to come.    So I missed meeting with my cousins and siblings and extended family because of that.   We watched it on youtube live in the hotel room.   My daughter never showed any symptoms.   We stayed the night and headed back home the next day.  My boys were scared to death to be around her.   The hysteria had gotten to them.  Remember, young people had nothing to fear from covid but they were indoctrinated that it was certain death to get it.   They had to be in a separate hotel room from her because of that.   The ride home in the same car was tense.   She stayed with me and my wife that night. 

My niece got covid in NYC in 2020 where she lived and had difficulty breathing for days.   Unless near death, she was told not to come to the hospital.   She recovered but it was a tough bug.   She got the first wave.  

Students at UW at a certain apartment bldg got covid and they were locked down.   None died.  Few showed symptoms.  Granted that is anecdotal, but that was the experience nationwide.   Young people could get it but it either showed no symptoms or was a mild to bad cold. 

mspart

1 hour ago, mspart said:

I got my data from US sources.   It is not that difficult to find the actual facts. 

Google - US covid deaths by age   https://www.statista.com/statistics/1191568/reported-deaths-from-covid-by-age-us/

Google - US covid cases by age    https://www.statista.com/statistics/1254271/us-total-number-of-covid-cases-by-age-group/

These searches will give you the data I showed above earlier.    All it does is show a gross picture of what is happening.   The numbers are big.   Only when you calculate the rates do you begin to see the underwhelming truth of how horrible it wasn't.   Granted it put a lot of people under.   But most of those were older and/or susceptible to disease due to comorbidities.   The young meaning 50 and younger generally had nothing to fear from Covid.   But the hysteria over it does not share that reality.   If you had it, and entered society, you were walking death for everyone around you, as personified by Rachel Maddow.   The actual fact of the matter is that, no you weren't.  

The actual fact is if you had it, most people you contacted would not get it.   Of those unfortunate enough that would get it, very very few would succumb. 

Many people that died in the early stages died of dehydration and malnutrition because they were in the hospital and no one wanted to go near because it was almost certain death to do so.  

Saying that, the first version was deadlier than later versions as the virus lost its virulence as it mutated as predicted by rational people.   Irrational people continued to think it was existential to the point that they wanted 6 month olds vaccinated.     

My mother died in early Feb 2020 of pancreatic cancer.   Just before the covid shutdown.   We buried her end of Feb and made ready for a memorial for her where she lived in a retirement place.   I prepared a short eulogy and was told no one from the outside was allowed in the bldg.   This was early Mar 2020.   I said, ok, and sent them the eulogy that they could share with all the residents who were friends with  my mom.   I heard nothing so I called a week later and within those few days, the facility was completely shut down and residents were not allowed to leave their apartments.  The memorial was never done.   I feel very blessed for me and my sisters and brother that my mother died before all that and I feel like it was a blessing for her also.    How horrible that time was for elderly folks who fell ill. 

We could only hold a funeral where extended family could come in Aug 2020.   We were on our way when we got a call from someone that said my daughter had covid.   So we stopped in LaGrande Oregon and asked my sisters what they thought.   They were all above 60 and one with diabetes.   They each in their own way said not to come.    So I missed meeting with my cousins and siblings and extended family because of that.   We watched it on youtube live in the hotel room.   My daughter never showed any symptoms.   We stayed the night and headed back home the next day.  My boys were scared to death to be around her.   The hysteria had gotten to them.  Remember, young people had nothing to fear from covid but they were indoctrinated that it was certain death to get it.   They had to be in a separate hotel room from her because of that.   The ride home in the same car was tense.   She stayed with me and my wife that night. 

My niece got covid in NYC in 2020 where she lived and had difficulty breathing for days.   Unless near death, she was told not to come to the hospital.   She recovered but it was a tough bug.   She got the first wave.  

Students at UW at a certain apartment bldg got covid and they were locked down.   None died.  Few showed symptoms.  Granted that is anecdotal, but that was the experience nationwide.   Young people could get it but it either showed no symptoms or was a mild to bad cold. 

mspart

Very sorry for your loss. These were very difficult times to say the least.

19 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

THIS!!!!  Saying this about a year ago would have got you called names like it did me without actually addressing the data.  Noticed GWN wouldn't touch the actual data with a ten-foot pole in his response.  Nor will any of the other pro-covid-hysteria types on here.

Here's the thing - I'm NOT saying this a year ago, I posted this yesterday.

• So, go on about how you didn't address the data a year (or more) ago. 
  • Then, go on about pro-covid-hysteria types on here.
  • Then, wake up and snap out of it - and you'll realize you're talking about the past.

Nobody is covid hysterical here. Get your shit together. It's Aug 2023.

19 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

There won't be a response...LOL

As I've posted ad infinitum, and yet you choose to act ignorant about...

I don't visit here during the day, only evenings after work. Even then, I don't visit every day. That seems wasteful to me.

You prove to be a dim and tiresome adversary. I suggest you find something better to do with your daylight hours as well.

18 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Agreed!!  I know I have admitted to being wrong many many times on here.  Don't expect that though from...cough cough...

And yes, excellent job on MSPART's...well...part.  Har...Har

Says the poster who is quoted, on record, as saying she's "never wrong."

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth