Twitter is better

jross

9 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

The best medical personnel in the land,  including the Mayo Clinic as an organization,  recommended preventative measures, quarantines, and lockdowns. 

The Mayo Clinic still stands behind all of that and just a couple of months ago lifted their mask mandate policy. 

lmfao.

wake up, Junior.

Snow removal businesses are very real.

4 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

lmfao.

wake up, Junior.

Really? Disprove what I said regarding the Mayo Clinic, BOY.

That should be good,  folks! Watch this re-direction into name calling by our resident criminal who loves law and order!😆

Edited by Ban Basketball

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

9 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

That's juuuuuust a bit over the line.

Many of us know posters here who are women, but who don't openly share that information. Makes sense to me. 

I have no problem with anonymous posters remaining anonymous - including not sharing their gender.

But it isn't quite fair to call others out for not "knowing" another poster's gender. 

And if you want to start with the "you should use the recommended pronouns", don't look now - but you're starting to sound like a progressive liberal. Pretty "woke" of you.

??  What the heck are you even talking about??  What is over the line??  Him PURPOSELY calling people the wrong pronoun to try and insult them, or me calling him out for doing so?  And how the heck did you twist that into I am trying to get people to reveal their gender on here??  SMH

Just like Ban, sure would like to know what the heck is going on in that little brain of yours and how the heck do you two make up half the crap you spew on here.  Hmmm...ever wonder why the two of you are almost always arguing with every single other person on here?  Including those that appear to have similar believes as yourself.  Sometimes when you think everyone else is the problem, here is a hint, it may be you.

• Fire 2

14 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

??  What the heck are you even talking about??  What is over the line??  Him PURPOSELY calling people the wrong pronoun to try and insult them, or me calling him out for doing so?  And how the heck did you twist that into I am trying to get people to reveal their gender on here??  SMH

Just like Ban, sure would like to know what the heck is going on in that little brain of yours and how the heck do you two make up half the crap you spew on here.  Hmmm...ever wonder why the two of you are almost always arguing with every single other person on here?  Including those that appear to have similar believes as yourself.  Sometimes when you think everyone else is the problem, here is a hint, it may be you.

Don't purposely be obtuse, you know what my post meant - and if others don't, they can read it again. It was clear.

• Posters here sometimes purposely hide their gender. Which is 100% cool. It's an anonymous BBS.
  • When other posters refer to them using gender-specific terms based on what they read from their posts, how the heck are these other posters supposed to know they are using incorrect terms? Answer = they can't possibly know. And it's "over the line" to accuse them of wrongdoing when they can't possibly know.
  • So - who here thinks it's a good idea to attack posters for not knowing someone's hidden gender?
    Answer = nobody. But, for whatever reason, you've decided it's a cause you should take up. So, just you on the attack.

You are posting exactly like someone who is "woke"... mad as a cut snake because the wrong pronoun was used.

Ooof.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Nothing to do with conspiracy theories dipshit, try again. Documents, emails, and his own words. Look into it.  

More nutty conspiracy theory garbage... "documents, emails, and his own words"... as if it's some kind of proof.

Does anyone else realize that you just asked me to find the proof you don't have?

That is a terrible way to make an argument.

Imagine that in a court of law - "I've got all kinds of proof - photographs, cancelled checks... well, just not with me. But you just look into it."

Pffff... your argument is a just pathetic.

(Which would explain your name calling. Always the lowest common denominator.)

22 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Really? Disprove what I said regarding the Mayo Clinic, BOY.

That should be good,  folks! Watch this re-direction into name calling by our resident criminal who loves law and order!😆

masks and lockdowns didn't work. newsflash. 

Snow removal businesses are very real.

5 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

More nutty conspiracy theory garbage... "documents, emails, and his own words"... as if it's some kind of proof.

Does anyone else realize that you just asked me to find the proof you don't have?

That is a terrible way to make an argument.

Imagine that in a court of law - "I've got all kinds of proof - photographs, cancelled checks... well, just not with me. But you just look into it."

Pffff... your argument is a just pathetic.

(Which would explain your name calling. Always the lowest common denominator.)

That would be relevant if: a) we were in a court of law; or b) I was trying to win an ‘argument’.  But …. neither. 

Bye Felicia 

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

masks literally don't work against covid. you know that, right? 

Honest question, can you go a little further into ‘don’t work against Covid’. Do you mean they are not 100% effective; do you mean they are 0% effective. 

Or to ask in application….30 people in a classroom for an hour and a half. When you say doesn’t work, would you say: it may cut down transmission but there’s still potential for some to get through; or would you say it doesn’t matter, mask or not, it’s going to be the same level of transmission? 

• Fire 1

fair question that idk the answer to.
what i do know is that no mask completely stops covid-sars from going thru it. the particles are too fine. 

It’s carried in water droplets when you cough, which are very much large enough to be stopped by a mask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

During COVID everyone became "all or nothing." Saying "masks don't work" is the same as me as a coach saying double legs don't work because I saw David Taylor get stuffed on a few of them.

Other than moving to Idaho and your nearest neighbor being 100 miles away, nothing can 100% prevent COVID. 

It's much easier to say masks don't work than see that people didn't wear them properly and/or they had masks that were flimsy. Masks were never meant to be 100% effective, but moreso to limit transmission and decrease a person's exposure to COVID. 

Of course me typing that out is much harder than saying "they don't work" so thus people will just cling on to the "they don't work" mantra.

It may be contained in breath droplets, but it is an aerosolized virus, developed as a bio weapon and floats through the air quite well on its own.  The openings in the best K or N95 masks are 3-5 times larger than the virus.  They only accomplish aggravation, restrict oxygen intake, and increase CO2 intake.  The only way to prevent succumbing to the virus is to wear the protective gear that you see the lab techs wearing in the lab.  Full body containment with an oxygen supply followed up by decontamination procedures. If masks worked, then that’s what they’d wear.  

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, BobDole said:

During COVID everyone became "all or nothing." Saying "masks don't work" is the same as me as a coach saying double legs don't work because I saw David Taylor get stuffed on a few of them.

Other than moving to Idaho and your nearest neighbor being 100 miles away, nothing can 100% prevent COVID. 

It's much easier to say masks don't work than see that people didn't wear them properly and/or they had masks that were flimsy. Masks were never meant to be 100% effective, but moreso to limit transmission and decrease a person's exposure to COVID. 

Of course me typing that out is much harder than saying "they don't work" so thus people will just cling on to the "they don't work" mantra.

While you sorta make good points...we literally had real life studies going on in different states which sorta "proved" that masks really didn't have a significant effect on the spread of the virus nor impact on the death rate (don't get me started on that).  Which also includes the ~95% of people who didn't wear it correctly anyway in states where it was mandated (my estimation based on my observations everywhere I went and in all the states I visited during that time).  Not sure how that can be argued. 

Bottom line is, which is how it should have been from the beginning, if you are more risk adverse, then feel free to wear a mask, if you are not, then don't.  Fixed. 

Something I find absolutely hilarious, especially those that stand up on their pulpit and demand others wear masks, you have no clue if the mask prevents people from spreading it to others, or if it protects them??  

5 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Masks do not prevent viral infections for the person wearing the mask.  They do mitigate spreading by capturing the droplets as mentioned by others, which is a distinction without a difference for a society.

2 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Masks do not prevent viral infections for the person wearing the mask.  They do mitigate spreading by capturing the droplets as mentioned by others, which is a distinction without a difference for a society.

Only if the wearer actually has covid. 

• Fire 1

12 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

While you sorta make good points...we literally had real life studies going on in different states which sorta "proved" that masks really didn't have a significant effect on the spread of the virus nor impact on the death rate (don't get me started on that).  Which also includes the ~95% of people who didn't wear it correctly anyway in states where it was mandated (my estimation based on my observations everywhere I went and in all the states I visited during that time).  Not sure how that can be argued. 

Bottom line is, which is how it should have been from the beginning, if you are more risk adverse, then feel free to wear a mask, if you are not, then don't.  Fixed. 

Something I find absolutely hilarious, especially those that stand up on their pulpit and demand others wear masks, you have no clue if the mask prevents people from spreading it to others, or if it protects them??  

There are so many factors that affects transmission that narrowing it down to one thing such as masks is leaving out other factors. As stated previously saying a double leg doesn't work, doesn't factor in that I had a horrible setup or took my shot from 100 feet away...or I'm old, fat, and slow.