Twitter is better

jross

41 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Ok, so you found a second source that says that bullet point is likely a complete lie. Makes you wonder how many others are lies. It also makes you wonder if the volume of claimed achievements is meant to make it harder to spot the lies. 

Honestly, the first bullet point they listed was the rebrand, which is thus far and abject failure, since everybody still calls it Twitter and has added no value to anything.

• Fire 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oops.

In March 2021, FBI Director Christopher Wray denied that there was any evidence of Antifa involvement on January 6.

On my Twitter feed... Activist Antifascist John Earle Sullivan was convicted for a role on J6.  Some articles about it.

https://beckernews.com/55-antifa-revolutionary-who-incited-january-6-riots-found-guilty-on-all-seven-counts/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/11/16/john-sullivan-convicted-jan-6-film/

https://www.justice.gov/d9/sullivan_complaint_affidavit.pdf

It is still twitter.com.   Put in x.com and it converts to twitter.com.   So it is not X, formerly known as twitter.   It is still twitter even after all these months.  

I would think it would be the other way around.  Put in twitter.com and it transfers you to x.com.   I find this interesting. 

mspart

46 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

In that instance, they're not wrong.

Can you explain what Formerly Eric means in response to the Jewish Conservative and activist?  In your own words, what do you think Musk agree with?

Charles Weber / @CWBOCA

• To the cowards hiding behind the anonymity of the internet and posting "Hitler was right": You got something you want to say? Why dont you say it to our faces…

Formerly Eric

• Okay. Jewish communities have been pushing the exact kind of dialectical hatred against whites that they claim to want people to stop using against them. I'm deeply disinterested in giving the tiniest shit now about Western Jewish populations coming to the disturbing realization that those hordes of minorities that support flooding their country don't exactly like them too much. You want truth said to your face, there it is.

Edited by jross
spelling: formerly

4 minutes ago, jross said:

Can you explain what Formerly Eric means in response to the Jewish Conservative and activist?  In your own words, what do you think Musk agree with?

Charles Weber / @CWBOCA

• To the cowards hiding behind the anonymity of the internet and posting "Hitler was right": You got something you want to say? Why dont you say it to our faces…

Formerly Eric

• Okay. Jewish communities have been pushing the exact kind of dialectical hatred against whites that they claim to want people to stop using against them. I'm deeply disinterested in giving the tiniest shit now about Western Jewish populations coming to the disturbing realization that those hordes of minorities that support flooding their country don't exactly like them too much. You want truth said to your face, there it is.

In my own words he agrees that Jewish communities push hate.

9 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

In my own words he agrees that Jewish communities push hate.

Is Eric a Nazi, or does he support Hitler?  Is Muck agreeing with a Nazi?

Does criticizing Jewish behavior, or criticizing anti-white behavior, make someone a Nazi?

Have Jewish activists, ADL, etc. communities 'pushed hate' through actions that many see as anti-white?

3 hours ago, jross said:

Do the add placement controls not work, or are they not being used?

https://business.twitter.com/en/blog/adjacency-controls-third-party-measurement.html

This has happened to Apple, Bravo, Oracle, Xfinity and IBM. I find it unlikely that technology native companies like Apple, Oracle, and IBM do not know how to, or do not chose to, use the adjacency controls. It is more likely that the controls do not perform as expected. Also given that Twitter's response was to make the accounts posting hateful content no longer monetizable suggests that the failure is on Twitter's part. 

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Companies will hire someone for $100K a year and not spend $5K to educate them to be more productive... so...

...do companies pay employees to configure Twitter words they want to avoid associating with?  This requires constant garden work.  When IBM found ads near posts they disagreed with, did they adjust their configuration?  IBM is paying exponentially more to advertise than it would cost to manage the configuration.

I want to believe there are words that X should provide by default... but what are they, and who chooses them?  Regex-type filtering is brute force... It needs AI that also knows when words are used negatively... and has some 'trust' factor based on the poster.

As a company owner, I want to target my audience with inclusion words and other filters more than exclusion words.  Oracle might want to target conversations about databases for example, and roles that talk about software applications... along with popular people and posts.

4 minutes ago, jross said:

Companies will hire someone for $100K a year and not spend $5K to educate them to be more productive... so...

And you know this in the case of the above companies how?

...do companies pay employees to configure Twitter words they want to avoid associating with? Why would you assume the marketing department would not configure their Twitter settings?

This requires constant garden work.  When IBM found ads near posts they disagreed with, did they adjust their configuration?  IBM is paying exponentially more to advertise than it would cost to manage the configuration. How much do they pay to manage the configuration?

I want to believe there are words that X should provide by default... but what are they, and who chooses them? Didn't Elon Musk make it clear it was him when he bought the company and then fired the people responsible for this task?

Regex-type filtering is brute force... It needs AI that also knows when words are used negatively... and has some 'trust' factor based on the poster.

As a company owner, I want to target my audience with inclusion words and other filters more than exclusion words.  Oracle might want to target conversations about databases for example, and roles that talk about software applications... along with popular people and posts.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge