Twitter is better

jross

On 7/13/2023 at 8:35 PM, DJT said:

The only thing I actually don’t understand is why anyone would be googling the word Twitter in the first place, let alone millions of people…

Question answered.

I've personally witnessed it more times than I care to admit - but some people actually use google as their home page and type the name of the site they want to go to into the Google search field.

Thus, the nickname for a computer as being a "google maker."

As far as counting into the millions - I am not surprised. Imagine these folks doing this every hour of every day...

The way I understand it, is it’s interest in a topic. Enter more specific criteria for Twitter and Threads if you like. Do you think the hundreds of media outlets that predicted Threads would be the end of Twitter will publish an update if that doesn’t happen?

11627182a8c85343af314a751c3d81ce.jpg

12 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Question answered.

I've personally witnessed it more times than I care to admit - but some people actually use google as their home page and type the name of the site they want to go to into the Google search field.

Thus, the nickname for a computer as being a "google maker."

As far as counting into the millions - I am not surprised. Imagine these folks doing this every hour of every day...

Oh, I know this all too well. My dad does this (including typing www.)… he’ll also keep typing the full word he’s searching for, long after it pops up as a suggested search… however, I don’t think boomers even use Twitter.

29 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Oh yes you can as a public offering is considered.

Market manipulation, as a matter of law, requires a trade to have occured. Marking an private security to market is not a trade. And even if a trade were to occur, there are exceptions to most situations when both parties are accredited investors (all Twitter owners are accredited). Accredited investors are deemed able to fend for themselves.

Though there was a fascinating ruling this week in the Ripple cryptocurrency case that essentially turns the concept on its head. It will certainly be appealled.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Not good.

Elon Musk disclosed on Twitter Saturday that, due to a 50% drop in advertising revenue and a “heavy debt load,” the platform still has a negative cash flow.

The billionaire owner tweeted Saturday, in response to business advice from a follower, “Need to reach positive cash flow before we have the luxury of anything else.”

The tweet is in stark contrast to his tone in April, when Musk told the BBC the platform is now “roughly breaking even” and that most of its advertisers have returned.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/23/business/elon-musk-twitter-revamp-intl-hnk/index.html

20 hours ago, BobDole said:

We need to change the title of the thread to X is better now.

I am left to wonder why Musk acquired Twitter. It wasn't for the employees most of whom he fired, it wasn't for the code that he regularly trashes, it wasn't the brand which he just changed. There are networking benefits, but he seems to be subverting those too. It seems like he could have started from scratch and spent a lot less than $44 billion. That would still have left Twitter as a competitor to deal with, but probably would not have emboldened Zuckerberg to create a competitor (or maybe that is wrong).

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

15 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I am left to wonder why Musk acquired Twitter. It wasn't for the employees most of whom he fired, it wasn't for the code that he regularly trashes, it wasn't the brand which he just changed. There are networking benefits, but he seems to be subverting those too. It seems like he could have started from scratch and spent a lot less than $44 billion. That would still have left Twitter as a competitor to deal with, but probably would not have emboldened Zuckerberg to create a competitor (or maybe that is wrong).

Rich people have really big toys I guess.

In all honesty how valuable is the data that they get from users especially for someone that has his hands in many other companies? 

On 7/24/2023 at 3:51 PM, Wrestleknownothing said:

Yes - perceived value in inertia/momentum, and because he can. Mostly because of ego.

Until the realization hit that it was more ego than smart - a bad idea and ol' Musky tried to back out. But it was too late.

Zuck had already been developing Threads. It had been in the works for a while, it wasn't new. 

That's the point when you realize you don't have the cards in your hand, but you've bluffed too hard to fold.

Now it's about trying to make lemonade from $44 billion in lemons.

I'm sure many will still think he's some kind of genius - but ol' Musky proved otherwise here. It was a stinker deal.

3 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

X

AFter reading/watching or whatever a tweet, anybody else feel compelled/conditioned to click on the 'X' in the upper right hand corner?

ftfy

Edited by ionel