Twinkies in possible trouble again

mspart

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-twinkies-maker-hostess-brands-184122910.html

NEW YORK (Reuters) -Hostess Brands Inc, the maker of Twinkies snack cakes, is exploring a sale after fielding takeover interest from major snack food makers, people familiar with the matter said on Friday

Is there no love for their snacks anymore?   I buy Hostess stuff maybe once a year, but probably more like every 2-5 years.  Never had a Twinkie, don't want to preserve myself till 2399!!!

mspart

On 8/26/2023 at 5:32 PM, Husker_Du said:

order of things i worried about when seeing this thread title

1 - Minnesota's baseball team

2 - Jason Bryant

3 - a cream filled sponge cake

It is interestingly funny that you put these and in this order.

Most everyone else's order is the same, but they are 2-4 with '1' being something along the lines of 'Willie bought a stake in Hostess so he could get free Twinkies.'

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

I feared it was a topic using the word "Twinkies" as a slur.  I was trying to place Twinkies in the constellation of normal words used as an insider insult which I do not know including Duece and 30 percenter.  

The fact that it is about actual Twinkies which I have eaten many times and never remember enjoying - even as a kid - is refreshing.

8 hours ago, Lipdrag said:

I feared it was a topic using the word "Twinkies" as a slur.  I was trying to place Twinkies in the constellation of normal words used as an insider insult which I do not know including Duece and 30 percenter.  

The fact that it is about actual Twinkies which I have eaten many times and never remember enjoying - even as a kid - is refreshing.

You twinkie!!

mspart