Big Commit for ASU

SunDevil

8 hours ago, SunDevil said:

https://x.com/matscouts1/status/1693062428551242154?s=46&t=UG1OSL2tQh98HDm4PJX99A

I do not know. But Cody Merrill would be a much needed addition. I hear Schunke is still on the radar. 

I would be surprised if Cody Merrill ended up there since ASU landed Nicholas Sahakian (high on the 2025 big board) who is projected at HWT. It wouldn’t hurt to have 2 heavyweight prospects? 

Also, Willie would always say that Cody Merrill is a Stanford lean; but they landed Carter Neves who is a stud projected at HWT. So idk, who knows.

Whoever lands Merrill will land a stud, he is one of the best HWT prospects, I bet he will win a NCAA title sometime in his collegiate career! 

8 hours ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

I would be surprised if Cody Merrill ended up there since ASU landed Nicholas Sahakian (high on the 2025 big board) who is projected at HWT. It wouldn’t hurt to have 2 heavyweight prospects? 

Also, Willie would always say that Cody Merrill is a Stanford lean; but they landed Carter Neves who is a stud projected at HWT. So idk, who knows.

Whoever lands Merrill will land a stud, he is one of the best HWT prospects, I bet he will win a NCAA title sometime in his collegiate career! 

Merrill might be a 197lber?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

From Gilroy paper...

" The junior standout competed at 195 pounds last season and was planning on wrestling at 220 this season. 

“I wasn’t planning to go heavyweight, but things change and you have to make the best of it,” he said. 

He ended up going 220 2 weeks after his interview (after Mid-cals) 

Edited by Idaho

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

3 hours ago, Idaho said:

From Gilroy paper...

" The junior standout competed at 195 pounds last season and was planning on wrestling at 220 this season. 

“I wasn’t planning to go heavyweight, but things change and you have to make the best of it,” he said. 

He ended up going 220 2 weeks after his interview (after Mid-cals) 

One of the reasons he may be moving up is that his brother is almost as big as he is.  Maybe both have trouble making 195.

3 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Cardenas to ASU. If true that’s  the quickest portal entry and announcement of a new team in history 

Exhibit 1: Real Woods to Iowa.

12:00 PM - US Pacific enters portal

10:00 AM - US Central commits to Iowa

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Exhibit 1: Real Woods to Iowa.

12:00 PM - US Pacific enters portal

10:00 AM - US Central commits to Iowa

If true , that’s nothing ….

8255D3F7-F644-4486-AD55-63250E6AF176.jpeg

Edited by Idaho
  • Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

46 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Is it possible he has been taking credits in the summer to graduate early?

He is listed on the Cornell roster (recently updated to include incoming freshmen) as a senior.  That means that 1) he's enrolled, and 2) he has eligibility left.

If he were to be graduating early, he wouldn't be on the roster.  Same with Foca and Fernandes, as they all likely stayed in school during the COVID year (burning a year of Ivy
eligibility, but not NCAA eligibility).  Ramirez is listed as a junior (all four graduated HS the same year), which implies that he did not stay in school that year.

I'm guessing this is for the following year, as he has two years of NCAA eligibility left.  But the Cornell/Ivy situation is a mess all around...

• Fire 2

8 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

I guess Zeke still plans on having a giant hole at 197 in 2025. Announcing transferring 12 months in advance, before the current season even begins. Ridiculous. Don’t like these circumstances. 

Too bad they can't move somebody up to resolve the logjam at 133/141. One of those 3 is going to sit. 

Just now, Tripnsweep said:

Too bad they can't move somebody up to resolve the logjam at 133/141. One of those 3 is going to sit. 

Chlebove is a bit better than advertised and had more experience.  I'd go with him at 133.  Vasquez as the starter at 141 but if he can't stay healthy as he has had a hard time doing, they have a high caliber prospect ready to step up

• Fire 1