Big Commit for ASU

SunDevil

On 8/31/2023 at 6:49 PM, SunDevil said:

Rumblings of Teemer going to 165. Maybe Larkin comes in and wrestles right away at 157? 

Wrestlestat showing Yas redshirting this year - which make sense, Negron up at 174.  Has Schultz decided what he is doing this year? Will be just come in at the end and score some points for the team? 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Wrestlestat showing Yas redshirting this year - which make sense, Negron up at 174.  Has Schultz decided what he is doing this year? Will be just come in at the end and score some points for the team? 

I haven’t heard that Schultz is going to RS. They have 4 legit title contenders with him in there. From a team perspective, really nobody behind him at all. Think they would have brought somebody in if he was going to RS. 

2 hours ago, Idaho said:

I think they are bumping from 165 on. My guess is the plan is Teemer - McLane - Negron - Valencia - Montalvo - Schultz

• Fire 1

23 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

I think they are bumping from 165 on. My guess is the plan is Teemer - McLane - Negron - Valencia - Montalvo - Schultz

Teemer at 157 or 165?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

• 7 months later...
On 8/22/2023 at 8:12 AM, nhs67 said:

I bet Michigan would pay a pretty penny to get him for the next two seasons...

You were right (well only for 1 season).

Also a good thread bump of Minnow deleting the evidence for things he gets wrong.  I think it’s okay to be wrong sometimes, but he should own it.

51 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

You were right (well only for 1 season).

Also a good thread bump of Minnow deleting the evidence for things he gets wrong.  I think it’s okay to be wrong sometimes, but he should own it.

He is what he is.  Like him or hate him, Minnow is a fixture in today's world that is driven by social media buzz.

A sissy?  Yes.  Will he delete 40% of his shit and say he was joking about the other 40%?  Also yes.

Minnow is Minnow and he adds entertaibment value.

• Bob 1
  • Potato 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Cardenas has been committed to Michigan for a while. The ASU thing was another made-up Mineo “scoop.”

I also see he deleted every one of his posts about Michigan poaching the Rutgers heavyweight that caused such a stir a couple days ago.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, BlueWolverine said:

Cardenas has been committed to Michigan for a while. The ASU thing was another made-up Mineo “scoop.”

I also see he deleted every one of his posts about Michigan poaching the Rutgers heavyweight that caused such a stir a couple days ago.

I also saw on the Rutgers forum that someone cited Mineo's breakfast sandwich tweet as a reason to expect Hendrickson may come to Rutgers.  The poor sap!

1 hour ago, BlueWolverine said:

I bet there was some smoke to the ASU stuff, I’m guessing he “accepted” their offer or something originally, but then Michigan came in with a better one

3 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

I’m really hoping ASU can land someone legitimate at either 184 or 197. They always have a glaring hole in their otherwise solid lineup, and it kills them in higher level duals.

They should hone in on Rylan Rogers for 184 and Evan Bockman for 197.  

• Bob 1

6 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

They should hone in on Rylan Rogers for 184 and Evan Bockman for 197.  

Would make a ton of sense to bring in one. With Ludington coming in I feel like Bockman is a good stop gap. I’ve convinced myself that Valencia growing into 184 and establishing himself as a top 20 guy in the country is totally within the realm of possibility.

• Bob 2

3 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

Would make a ton of sense to bring in one. With Ludington coming in I feel like Bockman is a good stop gap. I’ve convinced myself that Valencia growing into 184 and establishing himself as a top 20 guy in the country is totally within the realm of possibility.

Of course would love Roger’s. Fit in nicely over multiple years. Ludington is still 2 years away with a RS. Need more than a one year consolation prize. 

6 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

Of course would love Roger’s. Fit in nicely over multiple years. Ludington is still 2 years away with a RS. Need more than a one year consolation prize. 

I hear you, but is Rogers anything more than a longer term stop gap? He was a blue chip recruit but wasn’t able to beat out Jaden Bullock. I’d rather see what Valencia can do at 184 and insert at proven short term solution in Bockman at 197. Reassess, and reenter the market next spring. 

Edited by RegularStalling
  • Bob 1

11 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

I hear you, but is Rogers anything more than a longer term stop gap? He was a blue chip recruit but wasn’t able to beat out Jaden Bullock. I’d rather see what Valencia can do at 184 and insert at proven short term solution in Bockman at 197. Reassess, and reenter the market next spring. 

At the same time you can say Valencia can’t even beat out Negron. Roger’s wrestled well freshman year. ASU needs to prove successful at the upper weights. Maybe building Roger’s over the next few years can help that.