Former Hawkeye great Eierman arrested

Jimmy Cinnabon

Originally seen here: https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/eierman-arrested.423387/

Source: https://www.1630kcjj.com/2023/08/05/four-time-all-american-hawkeye-wrestler-charged-with-owi/

Four-time All-American Hawkeye wrestler charged with OWI

August 5, 2023 jhunter Local News

Lang
8/5/23

A four-time All-America wrestler from the University of Iowa has been arrested for drunk driving.

Iowa City Police say they pulled over a car being driven by 27-year-old Jaydin Eierman of North Liberty on Dubuque Street near Interstate 80 just before 1:00 Saturday morning. Investigators say Eierman had trouble maintaining his lane and crossed the fog line three different times.

Police say Eierman showed signs of intoxication and had a bar stamp on his hand. A ripped bar wristband was also reportedly found on the floor of the vehicle. Eierman allegedly admitted to drinking earlier in the night and to still feeling the effects.

The Columbia, Missouri native reportedly performed poorly on field sobriety testing and registered a breath alcohol level of .144%. He’s now charged with Operating While Intoxicated.

Eierman wrestled for Iowa from 2020 to 2022 after transferring from Missouri. Late last year he announced he was going to begin training for a career in mixed martial arts.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Originally seen here: https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/eierman-arrested.423387/

Source: https://www.1630kcjj.com/2023/08/05/four-time-all-american-hawkeye-wrestler-charged-with-owi/

Lang
8/5/23

A four-time All-America wrestler from the University of Iowa has been arrested for drunk driving.

Iowa City Police say they pulled over a car being driven by 27-year-old Jaydin Eierman of North Liberty on Dubuque Street near Interstate 80 just before 1:00 Saturday morning. Investigators say Eierman had trouble maintaining his lane and crossed the fog line three different times.

Police say Eierman showed signs of intoxication and had a bar stamp on his hand. A ripped bar wristband was also reportedly found on the floor of the vehicle. Eierman allegedly admitted to drinking earlier in the night and to still feeling the effects.

The Columbia, Missouri native reportedly performed poorly on field sobriety testing and registered a breath alcohol level of .144%. He’s now charged with Operating While Intoxicated.

Eierman wrestled for Iowa from 2020 to 2022 after transferring from Missouri. Late last year he announced he was going to begin training for a career in mixed martial arts.

For years now I’ve played the lottery. And in doing so, I’ve wasted so much time and money. Not only that, but I end up losing more than I win. Heck, I’ve never won! Well, okay, fine. That’s a lie. I did buy of those cheap $1 tickets before, and guess what I won?! Another ticket! Isn’t that just the bee’s knees! But that’s not even the worst of it! One day, they had a special lottery offer. The prize was millions! I went out and bought as many tickets as I could afford. Which was quite a few, mind you. Apparently, I’m not the only one who likes to gamble though. There were tons of people waiting in line after me. And oh boy! When they found out that I had bought the last ticket, things start getting interesting. People yelled, screamed, argued. Most surprising of all though, people started whipping out their money to buy the tickets from ME. At first, I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t dare give up even a single ticket. What if one of them was the winner? If I gave up even one of them up, would I give up my chances of winning? But, as quickly as I thought those things, I asked myself, “What are my chance of winning really?” Like, honestly… I’ve never won a thing in my life. Except for that other ticket of course. But here, right now, I could sell the tickets I had already bought and make a tidy little profit. So, I sold them for a little more than I paid, and by the end of the day I had made about double of what I had spent. Plus, I still had two tickets with me! And being in good spirits, I went home and gave one of the tickets to my newly 18-year-old brother, absolutely free. And what happened then you ask? Well, the next thing I know, the numbers were announced and, like always, I didn’t win. But someone I know did! And that someone was my brother. The brother to whom I gave the ticket to! The brother who had never even played the lottery before that day! The brother who didn’t share a single cent with me!! Didn’t even say thank you!!! The brother who then moved out and we never heard from him again! What luck!

• Fire 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Lang
8/5/23

That wristband on the floor was from my wrestling tournament! He was on a recruiting trip, looking for next gumby type kid with an unorthodox style. 

• Fire 1

30 minutes ago, Tripnsweep said:

For years now I’ve played the lottery. And in doing so, I’ve wasted so much time and money. Not only that, but I end up losing more than I win. Heck, I’ve never won! Well, okay, fine. That’s a lie. I did buy of those cheap $1 tickets before, and guess what I won?! Another ticket! Isn’t that just the bee’s knees! But that’s not even the worst of it! One day, they had a special lottery offer. The prize was millions! I went out and bought as many tickets as I could afford. Which was quite a few, mind you. Apparently, I’m not the only one who likes to gamble though. There were tons of people waiting in line after me. And oh boy! When they found out that I had bought the last ticket, things start getting interesting. People yelled, screamed, argued. Most surprising of all though, people started whipping out their money to buy the tickets from ME. At first, I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t dare give up even a single ticket. What if one of them was the winner? If I gave up even one of them up, would I give up my chances of winning? But, as quickly as I thought those things, I asked myself, “What are my chance of winning really?” Like, honestly… I’ve never won a thing in my life. Except for that other ticket of course. But here, right now, I could sell the tickets I had already bought and make a tidy little profit. So, I sold them for a little more than I paid, and by the end of the day I had made about double of what I had spent. Plus, I still had two tickets with me! And being in good spirits, I went home and gave one of the tickets to my newly 18-year-old brother, absolutely free. And what happened then you ask? Well, the next thing I know, the numbers were announced and, like always, I didn’t win. But someone I know did! And that someone was my brother. The brother to whom I gave the ticket to! The brother who had never even played the lottery before that day! The brother who didn’t share a single cent with me!! Didn’t even say thank you!!! The brother who then moved out and we never heard from him again! What luck!

You must be a glass half full guy ... c'mon man you doubled your money🙂

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Jail time coming up if proved guilty.  Can’t drive a 2000+ lbs hunk of life-threatening metal down the road impaired.  Not right.  Feel the same about passing on a blind hill / curve.  Unacceptable.  Need severe penalties as deterrent for other a$$holes%. 

• Fire 1

On 8/5/2023 at 8:44 PM, Dark Energy said:

Jail time coming up if proved guilty.  Can’t drive a 2000+ lbs hunk of life-threatening metal down the road impaired.  Not right.  Feel the same about passing on a blind hill / curve.  Unacceptable.  Need severe penalties as deterrent for other a$$holes%. 

Not a chance.  He'll get a fine and probation, maybe community service.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, KCMO2 said:

Not a chance.  He'll get a fine and probation, maybe community service.

Yeah, if it's a first offense the only jail time would be the night of the arrest, unless there were aggravating factors (excessive speed, child in vehicle, twice the legal limit, etc).

On 8/5/2023 at 9:44 PM, Dark Energy said:

Highly doubtful he does any jailtime for a first time offense OWI, he'll end up spending $10k on a lawyer and court fees and be fine. Expensive mistake. 

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Being a Hawkeye has nothing to do with it. And notice I left out legend? Second, DNP is hardly legendary.

I bet it does play a role in Iowa City. If you've ever been involved with our court system, past history, who you are, character, who you know, who your lawyer knows, etc. plays a major part in the sentencing.

19 hours ago, MNRodent said:

Yeah, if it's a first offense the only jail time would be the night of the arrest, unless there were aggravating factors (excessive speed, child in vehicle, twice the legal limit, etc).

He was 90% of the way there. I know that doesn't mean anything, but he was like one drink away from this.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

He's a legend the same way Desanto is a Hawkeye legend.  Beloved.

Well I never would've thought of Desanto as a legend or GOAT either.  But sure ... you should be able to pick your own legends.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

He's a legend the same way Desanto is a Hawkeye legend.  Beloved.

There wa a guy who played basketball at DePaul in the late 80's, Sam something. I can't remeber his last name, but his nickname was "The People's Choice". The crowd would go crazy whenever he entered the game. He was truly beloved. But legendary? No, I can't even remember his last name. Iowa wrestlers who don't win titles will be filed under "what ever happened to that guy?" in 20 -30 years.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

4 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

There wa a guy who played basketball at DePaul in the late 80's, Sam something. I can't remeber his last name, but his nickname was "The People's Choice". The crowd would go crazy whenever he entered the game. He was truly beloved. But legendary? No, I can't even remember his last name. Iowa wrestlers who don't win titles will be filed under "what ever happened to that guy?" in 20 -30 years.

Just found him. One of the all-time great names, too. Sam Manella. His parents must have had a good sense of humor. Oh, and he played from 1978 to 1981. Not late 80's.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge