Woke Translator: 2023 Edition

jross

2 hours ago, BobDole said:

Keep focused on the words, they won't hurt you. It's a great distraction from everything the right feeds you.

Worry about words and the wokeness instead of the crappy policies they put out.

Joe Biden closed pinched domestic oil production on day which caused massive inflation and opened the border and all the problems that come with it.

what are the terrible policies of the right you're so concerned about.

(and please, don't for one moment dispute inflation as a global problem or try and say the border is not 1) open 2) caused by the left)

• Stalling 1

TBD

6 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Joe Biden closed pinched domestic oil production on day which caused massive inflation and opened the border and all the problems that come with it.

(and please, don't for one moment dispute inflation as a global problem or try and say the border is not 1) open 2) caused by the left)

Exactly, much more pressing issues than fantasy word problems. As they always say, "it's a distraction for something bigger going on."

37 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Exactly, much more pressing issues than fantasy word problems. As they always say, "it's a distraction for something bigger going on."

roger that.

i agree. 

i don't comment on this thread with the attitude that it's a great problem. just find it comical. you're correct, in the grand scheme of things it's of little consequence. 

TBD

35 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

my question...

why is the left doing so much distracting? 

To cover up the Clinton body count. If you're focused on the boogie man word changes you forget about Killary.

3 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

If I told you you were wrong about what caused inflation would it matter?

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

16 hours ago, jross said:

How did woke clowns gain influence over culture and why do those in power enable their insanity?  Most of the left is sane so why is heavy woke propaganda broadcast everywhere?  The content is not ethical or profitable.  

That is a good question. Most of the left people I know laugh at those that consider themselves 'woke'...

"Woke" is super dumb. 

Consider that maybe, just maybe, media is inflating the impact of the dopey 'woke' as being a group that really matters. 

They don't matter. The 'woke' group is a dumb tiny part of the far left.

Just like the 'Hillary email server' group and 'Hunter laptop' group on the far right.

There will always be fringe groups. These, unfortunately, are currently ours.

14 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

lmfao. i'm really sorry i'm dividing a nation by calling out lunacy. i hereby apologize to America.

the problem certainly isn't that leftist policies are full scale asinine and are making people upset. it's 100% b/c very insensitive people like myself talk about it

the audacity.

Your sarcasm isn't terribly interesting. Sarcasm rarely is.

It takes a certain level of wit to pull it off successfully. It isn't easy and isn't for just anyone.

26 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

That is a good question. Most of the left people I know laugh at those that consider themselves 'woke'...

"Woke" is super dumb. 

Consider that maybe, just maybe, media is inflating the impact of the dopey 'woke' as being a group that really matters. 

They don't matter. The 'woke' group is a dumb tiny part of the far left.

Just like the 'Hillary email server' group and 'Hunter laptop' group on the far right.

There will always be fringe groups. These, unfortunately, are currently ours.

wtf are you talking about.

wokeness is more than silly. it literally affects policy.

and both the Hillary and Hunter stories were true, you enormous dope. 

TBD

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

If I told you you were wrong about what caused inflation would it matter?

i don't want to even hear your stupid spin theory.

nothing says 'ideologue,' and i mean nothing, than denying inflation in the US wasn't caused by Biden's policies.

i think you're a sharp dude, but the 'it's a global problem' is full scale stupid.

TBD

12 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

nothing says 'ideologue,' and i mean nothing, than denying inflation in the US wasn't caused by Biden's policies.

i think you're a sharp dude, but the 'it's a global problem' is full scale stupid.

I hate Joe Biden and all establishment politicians more than you can imagine but you can thank Dinkie Donnie's shutdown of the economy and subsequent profligate spending due to the Chyna virus for kickstarting inflation into overdrive. Of course, this would have happened regardless of who was in office but Trump had neither the balls nor the brains to stand up to the unelected technocrats responsible for crafting this destructive response. Add in the "inflation is transitory" crowd at the Federal Reserve and you have the mess we're currently in.

Edited by Theo Brixton
  • Fire 1

what 'shutdown of the economy' are you speaking of? covid shut downs?

as far as stimulus checks, yep, they were started by Donnie, and i didn't agree with it.

then Biden got in and made it worse. Both are to blame, sure. 

that being said, a bit of stimulus didn't seem horrible. biden kept piling on which was exacerbated by the pain from shutting down domestic oil.

and if he'd have his way, it would get worse with the student debt deal.

agree with you about the 'inflation is transitory' nit wits (typically biden apologists).

TBD

5 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

You ascribe things to me I never said nor implied. Of course Biden's policies (and Trump's before him) with regard to aggressively expanding the money supply while stopping production directly led to inflation. And now cutting back on the money supply while raising interest rates has begun to reverse the effect (though we are still on a knife's edge where we could tilt toward recession). But to blame Biden's attempted ban on new drilling permits on public lands, which would have been a rounding error on a pimple (and he was not even able to implement for more than a few months), is wrong. It also ignores that oil production has expanded continually under Biden, though it is still below the pre-pandemic peak.

1 hour ago, Paul158 said:

That is what they are really good at. They also have a lot things they don't want us to find out or to talk about.

The right is easily distracted with word changes that it makes it easy to get them going on small meaningless tangents. Maybe the right should become smarter or less distracted by little things.

that's funny. 

my best friend (with an ideology/defense of the left) just text me the exact same thing.

it's so childish.

left policies and actions clearly have had devastating consequences in recent years and you guys are worried about 'boo hoo hoo' ... a nation divided.

we're divided b/c the dipshit policies you vote for are so clearly stupid and you tie yourselves in knots defending them.

• Fire 2

TBD

8 hours ago, Theo Brixton said:

I hate Joe Biden and all establishment politicians more than you can imagine but you can thank Dinkie Donnie's shutdown of the economy and subsequent profligate spending due to the Chyna virus for kickstarting inflation into overdrive. Of course, this would have happened regardless of who was in office but Trump had neither the balls nor the brains to stand up to the unelected technocrats responsible for crafting this destructive response. Add in the "inflation is transitory" crowd at the Federal Reserve and you have the mess we're currently in.

The economy kept up with QE since 2008, and was growing again right up to the day biden took office.  When he shut down the pipeline, drilling, fracing, and permitting, the economy couldn’t keep up anymore.  If you notice, biden eased up on oil production restrictions recently ,and amazingly, inflation started backing down.  For now, this world runs on oil. 

Donald Trump wasn’t entirely blameless, he resisted the shutdown from the start but caught hell and gave in.  He did stay true enough to leave it to the states to decide.  That’s why New York, California, and Michigan, were so different than Florida, Georgia, and Texas.  As I recall, virtually every country in the world shut down, except Sweden.  The reports coming out now of all the fraud that was perpetrated on the people over the ‘pandemic’ are blood curdling.  It will be told in history books but I doubt there’ll be any accountability. 

• Fire 1

27 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

that's funny. 

my best friend (with an ideology/defense of the left) just text me the exact same thing.

it's so childish.

left policies and actions clearly have had devastating consequences in recent years and you guys are worried about 'boo hoo hoo' ... a nation divided.

we're divided b/c the dipshit policies you vote for are so clearly stupid and you tie yourselves in knots defending them.

Again. Never said it, never implied it.

You are so married to this idea that anyone who tells you you are wrong must be them. 

• Fire 1

14 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

With the internet at your fingertips, you again choose to spout easily researched and refuted falsehoods. Why?

Domestic oil production has increased, on a three month rolling average, every month since Biden took office. 

• Fire 1