Woke Translator: 2023 Edition

jross

35 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

real issues? really? 

16 year old girls with males in their locker rooms.

seems pretty real.

Men in girl's dressing rooms?  Why does everything have to be about Trump?  Dude has sucked up enough oxygen, let's change the channel!

2 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Men in girl's dressing rooms?  Why does everything have to be about Trump?  Dude has sucked up enough oxygen, let's change the channel!

You saw Trump in a dressing room for underage girls?  What were you doing there?  

3 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

You saw Trump in a dressing room for underage girls?  What were you doing there?  

He sponsored his little Jr miss pageant.  Made all the contestants uncomfortable and then claimed it was his right as the sponsor to be in there.

“From now on, female transgender athletes who have transitioned after (male) puberty will be prohibited from participating in women's events on the UCI International Calendar — in all categories — in the various disciplines,” the international federation said in a statement.

just announced. a step in the right direction

Edited by Scouts Honor

27 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

“From now on, female transgender athletes who have transitioned after (male) puberty will be prohibited from participating in women's events on the UCI International Calendar — in all categories — in the various disciplines,” the international federation said in a statement.

just announced. a step in the right direction

Most left-leaning individuals in the cycling sphere are fine with this. Particularly women (those impacted most), from what I've observed.  This is the correct course of action. 

I have no problem with transgender participants taking part in bike races, but it needs to be in the men's category. Why? Because even if they are on substantial testosterone suppression/reduction medications, they've had the physiological development of a man for a significant portion of their life. That's no small thing.

Edited by Le duke
  • Fire 3

2 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Most left-leaning individuals in the cycling sphere are fine with this. Particularly women, from what I've observed.  This is the correct course of action. 

I have no problem with transgender participants taking part in bike races, but it needs to be in the men's category. Why? Because even if they are on substantial testosterone suppression/reduction medications, they've had the physiological development of a man for a significant portion of their life. That's no small thing.

Agreed Le duke.  I have no problem with trans people competing in sports, but it has to be aligned to their biological sex, or create a new division for trans people.  

18 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

'birthing people' for what used to be known as 'women'... is not even remotely pervasive. But you're 100% right, that would be ridiculous.

i didn't mean that the word was adopted widely; but that the general act of whitewashing language is pervasive.

i was driving all day but did see a new one i lol'd about. can't remember what it was rn. 

TBD

21 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

"Bonus hole"... that's DAF. 

Some here think that "they" are changing our language on us. But you have got to wonder who "they" are. No evidence of ANY specific group in on this.

Who do you suppose "they" are?

Would seem possible that it is conservatives trying to stir up the pot. Or even more likely, just plain old internet goofballs.

That "they" scapegoat does get a lot of press. Too bad it is mostly ignorant and meaningless. Easy word to use when the poster has no clue but still wants to lay blame.

i mean, it aint rocket science. it all comes from woke lunatics. mostly in higher education and other lefty whackass thinktanks. look it up. every single time. 

the 'they' is pretty all up in your face.

and no one is 'scared'. they are laughing at how ridiculous is.

• Fire 1

TBD

4 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

i mean, it aint rocket science. it all comes from woke lunatics. mostly in higher education and other lefty whackass thinktanks. look it up.

the 'they' is pretty all up in your face.

and no one is 'scared'. they are laughing at how ridiculous is.

"i mean, it aint rocket science. it all comes from woke lunatics. mostly in higher education and other lefty whackass thinktanks. look it up."

Nope - nobody who is able to think clearly will have anything to do with that comment.

I would go on for the latter half your post, but it's not much different than the 1st half. No clear thinking going on there.

These are not comments that could be considered positive contributions.

Next time, remember that when you post - you should be at your best. That matters.

9 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

"i mean, it aint rocket science. it all comes from woke lunatics. mostly in higher education and other lefty whackass thinktanks. look it up."

Nope - nobody who is able to think clearly will have anything to do with that comment.

I would go on for the latter half your post, but it's not much different than the 1st half. No clear thinking going on there.

These are not comments that could be considered positive contributions.

Next time, remember that when you post - you should be at your best. That matters.

so you are admitting that all these people who want loan forgiveness are NOT in the category of high level thinkers