Budapest Ranking Tournament

I would have loved to see some of our #2s or #3s at this as well, on the chance that there is an injury within the next few months of hard-ass training.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, Gus said:

Gable will have Petra and Akul in his bracket. Chance will get the opportunity to cement himself as a contender with the Iranian there.

Iranians*

The gent who beat Burroughs (whom Chance is 1-1 against) and is currently ranked #1 or #2 by most media outlets and the reigning silver medalist are both registered.

• Fire 1

12 minutes ago, PNWfan said:

Any idea if the U.S. actually plans to send their A team to this tournament, as the list from UWW suggests?

I don't have reason to doubt it, but who knows...

Dake, DT and Snyder need some competition. And everyone else needs to go. The reps and the points seem pretty important.

McKenna is average sized 65 KG guy.

He isn't going to be able to do much against some of those HP driven, eastern bloc gents.

Parris is going to win the whole fckn thing and everyone is going to be like "STEVESON 1, PARRIS 2, THEN EVERYONE ELSE"

This will age well.  Unfortunately for McKenna.

On 7/1/2023 at 9:23 AM, BerniePragle said:

I'd like to see Marsteller do well internationally.  So much promise in HS and even before, then lots of problems.  Looks like he's back on track.

Agreed!

Chance has been a long time coming... and is justly rewarded w/ the spot to compete at this year's World tournament.

Best of skills to that young man.

D3 

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Fire 3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.