Angelo Ferrari set to announce "commitment" [sic] on May 31

30 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Spencer Lee issues?

PSU clean hands? 🤣

Nobody was criticizing the handling of Lee ? Ok

Other than the Long incident from 11 years ago, what issues  has PSU wrestling been involved in?  Seems Iowa has had more issues in the last 2 months, from Bob to gambling , than PSU has had in the last 12 years. 

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Talk about disingenuous!  Do some research! PSU athletics have had their share of racial incidents in recent years and also has the most pathetic numbers for Title IX compliance in the Big 10.  They are ranked 14th in discrepancy between male and female athletes!   That is a lawsuit waiting to be lost.

PSU athletics..... wrestling? What does male -female discrepancy have to do with the wrestling program? My earlier post was about wrestling...not the athletic departments. wrestling coaches have no bearing over that. That would be like lumping brands in with a cross country scandal. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

6 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Nobody was criticizing the handling of Lee ? Ok

Other than the Long incident from 11 years ago, what issues  has PSU wrestling been involved in?  Seems Iowa has had more issues in the last 2 months, from Bob to gambling , than PSU has had in the last 12 years. 

PSU athletics..... wrestling? What does male -female discrepancy have to do with the wrestling program? My earlier post was about wrestling...not the athletic departments. wrestling coaches have no bearing over that. That would be like lumping brands in with a cross country scandal. 

Settle down, bro... It is pretty easy to see that I was not replying to you.

39 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Talk about disingenuous!  Do some research! PSU athletics have had their share of racial incidents in recent years and also has the most pathetic numbers for Title IX compliance in the Big 10.  They are ranked 14th in discrepancy between male and female athletes!   That is a lawsuit waiting to be lost.

There's nothing disingenuous about my post. I was simply pointing out that it's off topic to place the blame of other programs' transgressions on the wrestling program. It's like saying PSU is the better wrestling team because PSU had six players go in the NFL draft, while Iowa only had four. Just not related.

Edited by DJT

8 minutes ago, DJT said:

There's nothing disingenuous about my post. I was simply pointing out that it's off topic to place the blame of other programs' transgressions on the wrestling program. It's like saying PSU is the better wrestling team because PSU had six players go in the NFL draft, while Iowa only had four. Just not related.

I can see your point, but the PSU athletic department, as we know it today, is largely a creation of the success and enigma of 'beloved, paternal, great guy' Joe Paterno and his 'brilliant' linebacker coach and defensive coordinator.  Isn't PSU called Linebacker U?

I mean it is called "Linebacker U" not cross-country U or leg attack U.  It is kinda a big designation in the world of college sports.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

14 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

As far as I remember, he is autistic and has never actually broken the law...these types of threats fit that pattern.  I was never a fan of his on the mat, but I think he is a different situation. 

What got Long kicked out of ISU? Wasn't it underage drinking? If he had a record of assault/sexual assault beforehand, then yeah Cael should have been held accountable for bringing him on campus. Even if Long had no prior history of violence, I agree that bringing him on campus was the worst decision that Cael has made in his tenure. 

I honestly don’t remember all his incidences at ISU, but clearly had a major alcohol problem. I’d find it hard to believe that there wasn’t some kind of sexual misconduct issues that went along with that. Even if there weren’t formal charges, I’m sure Cael had knowledge about all his issues and he still took him. Cael is in a totally different situation now and doesn’t need to take risks to win a national title. Any Ferrari is a risk at this point, so I would believe that Cael wasn’t interested in Angelo even though he doesn’t have the rap sheet of his brothers. However, I can’t stand the attitude of some PSU fans that act like Cael is too good that he would never take someone like that. He’s ultra competitive just like Brands and if he needed to take risks to win a national title he would (and has). 

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

I honestly don’t remember all his incidences at ISU, but clearly had a major alcohol problem. I’d find it hard to believe that there wasn’t some kind of sexual misconduct issues that went along with that. Even if there weren’t formal charges, I’m sure Cael had knowledge about all his issues and he still took him. Cael is in a totally different situation now and doesn’t need to take risks to win a national title. Any Ferrari is a risk at this point, so I would believe that Cael wasn’t interested in Angelo even though he doesn’t have the rap sheet of his brothers. However, I can’t stand the attitude of some PSU fans that act like Cael is too good that he would never take someone like that. He’s ultra competitive just like Brands and if he needed to take risks to win a national title he would (and has). 

This is 100% the case.

I like Iowa, but they are more my #2 team than anything.  I have never purchased any Iowa gear, but have purchased PSU stuff lol.

I don't particularly like the Ferraris.  I wasn't a fan of AJs stalling, some of his twitter comments, or the sexual assault performed on Batista.

I like some PSU wrestlers, particularly when they represent the USA.

I'm just pretty sick of the PSU fans who worship Cael and think he is of utmost moral fiber and infallible.

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I thought about this and edited my original post.  You probably posted before my edited reply.  I have since done additional research.

AJ visited PSU in September 2019.  He committed to OSU in October.  The incidents at Blair occurred a couple of months later.  By this point, the only major move was the TX to NJ move.  However, there was still some strong evidence of an over-involved family and I think some issues in age group wrestling.

If the things known before Blair eliminated were an automatic deal breaker. Psu would be recruiting way less

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Didn't Ed Ruth crash into a Taco Bell?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Isn't PSU called Linebacker U?

I mean it is called "Linebacker U" not cross-country U or leg attack U.  It is kinda a big designation in the world of college sports.

Iowa had two linebackers drafted, PSU none... Methinks Iowa took that title away. 😁

25 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I can see your point, but the PSU athletic department, as we know it today, is largely a creation of the success and enigma of 'beloved, paternal, great guy' Joe Paterno and his 'brilliant' linebacker coach and defensive coordinator.

The GOP, as we know it today, is largely a creation of the success and enigma of Abraham Lincoln, abolishing slavery, passing the Civil Rights Act, etc., so why does everyone call Republicans racist? 🤔

Anyhow, I know what you're saying about PSU athletics getting a huge boost from the Paterno days, but I think Cael could've done the same thing he's doing with PSU at Lehigh. He's put the right people with the right philosophies in the right positions at the right time... PSU being the "right place" is only a small part of the puzzle, in my opinion.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, DJT said:

Iowa had two linebackers drafted, PSU none... Methinks Iowa took that title away. 😁

The GOP, as we know it today, is largely a creation of the success and enigma of Abraham Lincoln, abolishing slavery, passing the Civil Rights Act, etc., so why does everyone call Republicans racist? 🤔

Anyhow, I know what you're saying about PSU athletics getting a huge boost from the Paterno days, but I think Cael could've done the same thing he's doing with PSU at Lehigh. He's put the right people with the right philosophies in the right positions at the right time... PSU being the "right place" is only a small part of the puzzle, in my opinion.

I'm not sure if Cael believes that.  He did leave Iowa State for a reason...

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Yes.  And Cael recruited over a diabetic.

My grandma was a diabetic. What an asshole.

Next you'll be telling me he once kicked a cat... if that's the case, I'll have a check in the mail to the Swarm Collective this afternoon. 😁

3 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I'm not sure if Cael believes that.  He did leave Iowa State for a reason...

That's why I went with Lehigh, not Chattanooga... being in PA was a big reason for his move, though, I think PSU had as many starters from AZ as PA last year. However, it's not like he was getting beat up at ISU (2nd/5th/3rd... with 7 AA's the year they took 5th).

2 hours ago, Idaho said:

Why would he want him when he can take the #10 recruit, develop him into a machine, then major a #1 recruit 2 years later?  It's not like there is a lot separating the top recruits and everyone knows PSU is going to out develop Iowa. Let's see.... Spencer Lee issues, gambling, Chittum up and leaving .... seems that Iowa has been swirled in controversy for awhile, yet PSU is keeping their hands clean. Why would Carl want that disaster when he just brought in Messenbrink? I'm a non-fan of both teams, but he proof is the pudding.  

LOL because Cael goes after all the #10 recruits! lol

When has Cael taken a #10 recruit and gotten him to major the #1 guy two years later?

Maybe you referring the the time that 1x state champ Kem beat 3x World Champ Mark Hall 11-6?

1 hour ago, Idaho said:
3 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Kinda looks like you were..,,

C15D7019-CE47-4BB7-8B6B-51BDF678CB4A.jpeg

Uh, sure bro...

Look again, the Spencer part was a response to you.

The other part was a response to DJT. 

You seem to think the response to DJT was directed at you?

7 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

LOL because Cael goes after all the #10 recruits! lol

When has Cael taken a #10 recruit and gotten him to major the #1 guy two years later?

Maybe you referring the the time that 1x state champ Kem beat 3x World Champ Mark Hall 11-6?

Levi Haines.

8 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Uh, sure bro...

Look again, the Spencer part was a response to you.

The other part was a response to DJT. 

You seem to think the response to DJT was directed at you?

Leave me out of this... I didn't say anything about Spencer Lee.

• Fire 1