Iowa 2024

BlacknGold

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Franklin beat Glazier last year and he is younger so I would think he is the guy.

What is your opinion on these lineups, assuming Arnold redshirts (he should)

174 - Brands/Swafford

184 - Brands/Swafford

197 - Assad

Or

174 - Brands/Swafford

184 - Assad

197 - Franklin/Glazier

Also, IF Focus does make it in (AJ) and he is HWT (which most agree/assume he would be), who do you take?  Two years of him or four years of Kueter (after he redshirts).

Franklin is younger and beat Glazier last year but they had a close match and would need to wrestle off again. Nothing guaranteed. Haven't heard much hype on Swafford, he's coming off an injury I think

10 hours ago, BlacknGold said:

Franklin is younger and beat Glazier last year but they had a close match and would need to wrestle off again. Nothing guaranteed. Haven't heard much hype on Swafford, he's coming off an injury I think

You didn't really answer mybquestion, though.

As far as Swafford, if you believe PK and Swafford's brother, he will be a high AA contender.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

You didn't really answer mybquestion, though.

As far as Swafford, if you believe PK and Swafford's brother, he will be a high AA contender.

I think Focus can still make 197, but it's better to ignore that subject unless they actually get on the team 😅

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

My PR department is suggesting a name change to Flying Concrete

Most marketing folks will tell you simply four letter names are best, maybe just go with:

rebar

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11 minutes ago, Idaho said:

image.thumb.png.7dcf8d53012326ea77d5f0713d164067.png

Charge your fone.  That's embarrassing.

Also, didn't Anthony get rejected at admissions?

Also, also, I see this as a giant -o|oo to the Iowa gents that clearly don't want them there.

39 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Charge your fone.  That's embarrassing.

Also, didn't Anthony get rejected at admissions?

Also, also, I see this as a giant -o|oo to the Iowa gents that clearly don't want them there.

its certainly a cringy mothers day post, if nothing else

43 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I mean....I've been as critical of the Ferrari recruitment as anybody, but what is cringy about this?

I think the timing, really.  That is the only reason it might be cringe for me, were I an Iowa fan that just lost one of the more recent top recruits because of the rumors and whatnot of them going there.

That said, Desanto came in as a total basket case and left in a better mental state than he was prior.  Yes, he did... relapse... a time or ten, but he was overall a better version of himself.

I personally don't think the two Focus brothers are worth the time and possible disruption.  That is why at least one major school told Angelo that the deal was for him and him only.

I don't see Anthony starting except for spot starts here and there.

AJ would start out the gate if he were to go 197 and then next year HWT for two seasons.

Angelo would likely start for them from day one (not this next season but the following) - at 184.

If Iowa decides that is the route and the risk is worth the reward, then cool beans.  I hope it works out for them.  As I have said for Penn State many times: A better Iowa is better for USA Wrestling.

Just now, nhs67 said:

I think the timing, really.  That is the only reason it might be cringe for me, were I an Iowa fan that just lost one of the more recent top recruits because of the rumors and whatnot of them going there.

That said, Desanto came in as a total basket case and left in a better mental state than he was prior.  Yes, he did... relapse... a time or ten, but he was overall a better version of himself.

I personally don't think the two Focus brothers are worth the time and possible disruption.  That is why at least one major school told Angelo that the deal was for him and him only.

I don't see Anthony starting except for spot starts here and there.

AJ would start out the gate if he were to go 197 and then next year HWT for two seasons.

Angelo would likely start for them from day one (not this next season but the following) - at 184.

If Iowa decides that is the route and the risk is worth the reward, then cool beans.  I hope it works out for them.  As I have said for Penn State many times: A better Iowa is better for USA Wrestling.

Oh, if we're saying it's cringy for Iowa fans, I agree.  My bad.  I interpreted the post as saying it was cringy for the Ferrari family, and to me it's just an average Mother's Day post that way.

Just now, 1032004 said:

I get Angelo wearing the Iowa singlet, but Angelo still hasn't committed anywhere right?

Was saying Angelo twice intended, or did you accidentally say it twice?  Either way, no, he hasn't committed.  If you're asking why he's wearing an Iowa singlet, I think that's fairly common on recruiting trip, pretty sure I saw a picture of him in a Rutgers singlet.

8 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Was saying Angelo twice intended, or did you accidentally say it twice?  Either way, no, he hasn't committed.  If you're asking why he's wearing an Iowa singlet, I think that's fairly common on recruiting trip, pretty sure I saw a picture of him in a Rutgers singlet.

... and I think they were in Iowa this past weekend.

18 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Agree. I think Tom Brands manages intense personalities well because he has one himself and had a very intense career. 

Iowa haters will cry, and Cody Chittums feelings will get hurt some more, but I believe Tom is the man for the job.