Worst stallers of the last decade

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Starocci is the biggest staller for as dominant as he is, it's ridiculous.

Just like Heil, when they changed the danger zone rules, if they change the top stalling rules this offseason he will take some losses next year.

How many times did C star get taken down. Since he stalls so much in top. 

15 minutes ago, Kansasdeanhwt said:

I agree.  I don't see Starocci as the staller and don't see a rule change making him lose a couple matches.  He beat Nolf in Freestyle last year who is currently #3 in the world, The ncaa changes would somewhat replicate freestyle.   Burroughs was saying he was going to most likely be his his biggest rival come Freestyle season in a pre NCAA interview.  Carter walked through NCAA's and pinned Labriola like an elementary kid.   he may have a monster ego but he backs it up.

11 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

I agree.  I don't see Starocci as the staller and don't see a rule change making him lose a couple matches.  He beat Nolf in Freestyle last year who is currently #3 in the world, The ncaa changes would somewhat replicate freestyle.   Burroughs was saying he was going to most likely be his his biggest rival come Freestyle season in a pre NCAA interview.  Carter walked through NCAA's and pinned Labriola like an elementary kid.   he may have a monster ego but he backs it up.

I think freshman and sophomore year versions of Carter spent more time stalling. This year he really just pounded everyone outside of one close match with Nelson Brands. 

• Fire 2

He gave up a TD to Ethan Smith in an 11-5 win. And another to DJ Washington in an 11-3 MD. That’s it.

Was the top team point scorer at NCAAs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Kansasdeanhwt said:

He get's nailed twice while running that ankle (stall)ride and his entire game is going to change.  Tha rule that makes that ankle stall(ride) irrelevant will be as difficult for Starocci to adjust to as the danger rule was for Heil.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

8 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He get's nailed twice while running that ankle (stall)ride and his entire game is going to change.  Tha rule that makes that ankle stall(ride) irrelevant will be as difficult for Starocci to adjust to as the danger rule was for Heil.

If he gets hit for stalling could he not just cut his opponent and get another takedown? Starrocci is probably the last guy I’m cheering for in NCAA’s but he’s very capable in neutral and has no  problem getting away. He isn’t squeaking out a bunch of wins by RT.

• Fire 2

This is a joke, right?

51 minutes ago, Le duke said:

This is a joke, right?

Honestly I thought this thread was a joke so I was just going for ridiculousness.

You saw who the OP was right?

• Fire 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

10 hours ago, AOCStallsLikeAMug said:

You think that shit’s funny?

Wkn self identifies as one who knows nothing about wrestling, are you really questioning him on this?  But since you identify with stalling like a mug ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

Heil was one of the reasons they changed the neutral danger rule.  Gulibon had him in danger 2/3 of the below match. when he wasn't pinned.

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/5748223-dean-heil-plays-with-fire-vs-jimmy-gulibon

Yup...when he wasn't pinned5 or 6 times!

About as animated as I've ever seen Cael...which wasn't very animated, but he shrugged and I could see him saying "C'mon." So that's pretty much Cael losing his shit right there...in Cael standards. 

I'd gladly stall my way to 2 or 3-5 National Championships...if such a thing were possible. It is of course NOT...and that should be obvious. Silly topic. 

It Alex Marinelli stalling or is he just not as explosive and as good at finishing at Carr/O'Toole?

One guy I might argue would be Hidlay. He's talented enough to attack and he can score points if he gives up a TD, he doesn't need to be so...tactical every match. 

But Carter Starocci? People are applying a different set of standards to him. 3X champ, ergo, he should be teching everyone. And if he "only" wins 8-3, he stalled.