Van ness

Kansasdeanhwt

14 minutes ago, Pish said:

We can bet if you’d like? I’ll take Van Ness vs either of the guys you mention if/when they wrestle.

I’ll even give you 2-1 odds vs Johnson or Henson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d pick Van Ness too.  All 3 are freshman with barely a match or 2 under their belts.  Van Ness was a significantly higher level recruit.  

The point is that there was nothing impressive with his match the other night.  He killed a guy he should have killed.  The other two wrestlers victories were much more impressive.

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Crablegs said:

I’d pick Van Ness too.  All 3 are freshman with barely a match or 2 under their belts.  Van Ness was a significantly higher level recruit.  

The point is that there was nothing impressive with his match the other night.  He killed a guy he should have killed.  The other two wrestlers victories were much more impressive.

What was he beating him by when he pinned him?

Former tOSU 133lber Kinner pulled a 15-0 Tech on the same kid in a faster time.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

True. You’re the one that came in and had to comment on the other two. I was here just getting on the early Van Ness train.

What was the purpose of bringing up the other two in the Van Ness thread? If not to compare them in some way. If you agree Van Ness better than both Henson and Johnson, what was the purpose of your comment? Great wins for them, but probably better suited in their own thread

Van Ness hasnt had the opportunity to wrestle anyone of note yet, not his fault. I don’t need to wait in results to see what my eyes show me.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Pish said:

True. You’re the one that came in and had to comment on the other two. I was here just getting on the early Van Ness train.

What was the purpose of bringing up the other two in the Van Ness thread? If not to compare them in some way. If you agree Van Ness better than both Henson and Johnson, what was the purpose of your comment? Great wins for them, but probably better suited in their own thread

Van Ness hasnt had the opportunity to wrestle anyone of note yet, not his fault. I don’t need to wait in results to see what my eyes show me.

That is the point.  I’m not coming at you specifically, but why do we have this thread?  Where is the Henson thread or the Paniro thread?  The win by Van Ness isn’t newsworthy in the slightest.

That is the point.  I’m not coming at you specifically, but why do we have this thread?  Where is the Henson thread or the Paniro thread?  The win by Van Ness isn’t newsworthy in the slightest.

I didn’t start the thread. Someone else did. I guess others saw something great in the works as well.

Sasso has been in a ton of close matches and seeing him get upset in that way not really surprising. Same with Gomez. As fun as he is to watch he has many holes.

You should have started the Johnson/Henson thread since you were that impressed

3 hours ago, Pish said:

Seen enough..give me Van Ness vs anyone not named Yianni

Anyone watch the Facundo match? The kid he wrestled put up absolutely no resistance. Possibly the worst performance I’ve ever seen by a D1 wrestler. I understand being outclassed but at least give some effort

I agree. That kid looked like they pulled him from the quad. 

23 minutes ago, Kansasdeanhwt said:

Ok. Come back in a month. 

A month from now and he will have Kinner (Rider), Lovett (CMU), and Bryant (Lehigh) under his belt.

While none are contenders, a loss to any of them will tell us where he is at.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

if you guys scratch Vak's avatar you can actually smell his nervousness. if you don't believe me, try it.
Nah, man. Iowa is a huge underdog this year without something really weird happening, thus has no effect on my enjoyment of the season, lol. I'm just not judging Van Ness off this match.

And for the record, if you scratch my avi, it smells like cheap liqueur.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Well, you picked him over anybody but Yianni, so how many points are you giving me?

None. Van Ness isn’t even ranked is he? I thought I was doing you a favor by offering you the bet straight up even though Murin much higher ranked

1 hour ago, Pish said:

None. Van Ness isn’t even ranked is he? I thought I was doing you a favor by offering you the bet straight up even though Murin much higher ranked

Where have I made any claims about Murin's greatness? You're the one who said Van Ness would beat anybody but Yianni.  If you don't actually believe that, that's fine.

BTW, 5-3 over Johnny Lovett.  Love my Florida wrestlers, but.... not exactly evidence of forthcoming domnlinance.

Edited by VakAttack

9 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Where have I made any claims about Murin's greatness? You're the one who said Van Ness would beat anybody but Yianni.  If you don't actually believe that, that's fine.

BTW, 5-3 over Johnny Lovett.  Love my Florida wrestlers, but.... not exactly evidence of forthcoming domnlinance.

You’re very salty about a freshman who’s wrestled a total of 6 matches in college. 

Root for your guys. Why rain on others parade when they cheer on/excited for their own? Jealousy?  Don’t get it.   

you bring back this thread after two weeks to try to bring a kid down for winning his first college tournament

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Pish said:

You’re very salty about a freshman who’s wrestled a total of 6 matches in college. 

Root for your guys. Why rain on others parade when they cheer on/excited for their own? Jealousy?  Don’t get it.   

you bring back this thread after two weeks to try to bring a kid down for winning his first college tournament

"Man discusses wrestling on wrestling forum....news at 11!"

• Haha 3