Luke Lilledahl to PSU

WRESTLER

Does this commit hurt PSU chances of landing the Nagao transfer? It happens to be during peak of transfer season! Interesting. Now he would have Gibson and Lilledahl to compete with for starting spots in multiple years. Wonder if this could be a deterring factor. Nonetheless PSU fans should be excited about the commit regardless, Luke is elite

Nagao has three years left and LL doesn't graduate until next year. As I see it LL redshirts Nagao's Jr year and then Nagao bumps to 141 for his Sr year to make room. I also think it LL won't matter with Lagao because LL looks like a career 125 guy, it's the other guys like Howard, Davis and Gibson who will be battling for a spot. 

My prediction is:

Davis-Redshirt

125-Howard

133- Nagao

125-Howard/Davis

133 Nagao/Howard

Gibson and LL redshirt

125-Davis

133-Howard

141-Nagao 

When you factor in the inevitable injuries I think they'll be able to make everybody happy. A lot hinges on Howard and if he can ever get healthy.

Having an excess of talent doesn't seem like too troublesome of a problem.  Cream will rise to the top.  I doubt PSU has interest in recruiting the type of guy who is worried about being recruited over.  Even in a game of musical chairs, they recruit people that expect to win and act accordingly 

Edited by flyingcement

College wrestling is no longer a team competition. PSU has the title wrapped up for the next decade or more. It's participation trophies and hoping your team can get a individual champ for all the have nots. 

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, BlacknGold said:

Nagao has 3 years left, Lilledahl and Gibson will both be there his junior/senior year. There isn't enough space for everyone

Grey/Red...they figure it out. And maybe Lilledahl wrestled 125, Gibson 133, Nagao 141. Whatever happens, I'm sure they'd figure it out.

PSU is recruiting on another level right now. Just the amount of talent between 57-97 coming in...

A LOT of these guys will very possibly end up AAs elsewhere. 

i feel compelled to say this...

my younger son has had his ass kicked all over this country and this planet...

luke is hands down the best wrestler he has ever been beat down by...

more importantly, luke comes from one the best families i have ever encountered in this game...

if you all want someone to get behind, this is the kid...

• Fire 3

He's a stud...and he's a kid, but what the hell happened with him and Basset in the elite 8 duels? Looks like he lost his composure a bit.

Shit, probably another guy who's going to be a future teammate in Beau.

Edited by scourge165

3 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Grey/Red...they figure it out. And maybe Lilledahl wrestled 125, Gibson 133, Nagao 141. Whatever happens, I'm sure they'd figure it out.

PSU is recruiting on another level right now. Just the amount of talent between 57-97 coming in...

A LOT of these guys will very possibly end up AAs elsewhere. 

PSU is landing so many guys lately they're running out of holes to fill. Eventually top tier talent will have no choice but to go other places as well. I think it's possible this commit hurts the chances of landing Nagao, but we will see, I'm just speculating in theory and of course it's still up in the air. The timing just seems like it could be relevant to transfer rumors. I mean, top recruits don't just commit to colleges on any random day. Everything is well thought out and calculated 

• Fire 1

39 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

PSU is landing so many guys lately they're running out of holes to fill. Eventually top tier talent will have no choice but to go other places as well. I think it's possible this commit hurts the chances of landing Nagao, but we will see, I'm just speculating in theory and of course it's still up in the air. The timing just seems like it could be relevant to transfer rumors. I mean, top recruits don't just commit to colleges on any random day. Everything is well thought out and calculated 

It really is getting kinda silly, but you look at their upper weights and they have a bigger log-jam than they'd have at the light weights.

3 hours ago, LJB said:

an anonymous internet nobody should never question luke lilledahl...

I questioned why he tried to knee Basset in the head...that's all. 

I said he was a kid and that he likely lost his composure.

But this is ALL I questioned. What he was doing at the end of this match. 

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, scourge165 said:

I questioned why he tried to knee Basset in the head...that's all. 

I said he was a kid and that he likely lost his composure.

But this is ALL I questioned. What he was doing at the end of this match. 

Kid acting like a child!  🙂

Ref asleep at the wheel.

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, LJB said:

i feel compelled to say this...

my younger son has had his ass kicked all over this country and this planet...

luke is hands down the best wrestler he has ever been beat down by...

more importantly, luke comes from one the best families i have ever encountered in this game...

if you all want someone to get behind, this is the kid...

Mom just made a great post on social media about the Journeyman classic. Seems to be a nice person.

Best post I have seen all day! No offense meant toward anyone here!

On 4/10/2023 at 8:54 PM, BLT said:

College wrestling is no longer a team competition. PSU has the title wrapped up for the next decade or more. It's participation trophies and hoping your team can get a individual champ for all the have nots. 

This same thing was said about Iowa in the early '80's. That was of course before we had this cool forum with unlimited "likes"! 

5 hours ago, TexRef said:

This same thing was said about Iowa in the early '80's. That was of course before we had this cool forum with unlimited "likes"! 

...do you mean when Iowa was in the midst of winning 9 TITLES IN A ROW and 20 out of 26 years?

I don't believe you're making the point you think you are here!

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2023 at 3:04 PM, scourge165 said:

Sure...just seemed like it was out of frustration. 

Sounds like he's a good kid and they're good people, but I hope that ends up being an outlier. I'm sure it will. 

Frustration or not - disqualification is called for.

• Fire 1

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.