US Open - April 26th-30th, 2023

nhs67

we still have seasoned fans who are stumped by calls and interpretations, as noted in this thread

FS is not the way to fix folk.

see bergers match.. he takes hidlay down late in the match and to his back.... only got 2... it wasn't really 4 but it was td and exposure

only 2, it didn't change outcome..but could have... and slay had been going crazy earlier b/c the score wasn't right

a match or two later... similar situation... dont remember who at this time... guy gets two and two... and was less exposure

i enjoyed most of the matches(b/c I love wrestling)  all day and in the semis .. but you had some snooze fests in there, not just in semis

• Fire 1

20 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

How many three time age group gold medalists have "only" one NCAA title?

No idea. But in recent years Daton Fix and Dom Bradley were junior gold medalists. I’m sure other medalists won one NCAA title or less. Feel free to look into it. 

Sorry to disrupt WFS coverage, I noticed that Nickal & Varner were in Nolf's corner last night vs. KOT and Cunningham was in the crowd. Interesting choice given he is the best challenge brick is the country, especially against the funk that KOT brings to the table. I wonder if CC stays on the sideline again tonight?

i am an idiot on the internet

Sorry to disrupt WFS coverage, I noticed that Nickal & Varner were in Nolf's corner last night vs. KOT and Cunningham was in the crowd. Interesting choice given he is the best challenge brick is the country, especially against the funk that KOT brings to the table. I wonder if CC stays on the sideline again tonight?

I don’t think CC was too concerned.

Nolf looked like he was getting in mat time last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

I don’t think CC was too concerned.

Nolf looked like he was getting in mat time last night.

For the first period, maybe.

He had zero offense in the second period and was sucking wind pretty hard.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

18 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

For the first period, maybe.

He had zero offense in the second period and was sucking wind pretty hard.

O’Toole’s wrestling IQ is phenomenal. 9-0 Nolf in the first, 2-0 KOT in the second. Won’t be too long before everyone is in his rear view mirror. 

• Fire 3

4 minutes ago, Le duke said:

What?

The match ended 9-2.

Nolf outscored O'Toole 9-0 in the first period.

O'Toole outscored Nolf in the second period.

O'Toole is really good, young, and improving.  He will be challenging for our #1 spot very soon.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Le duke said:

What?

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I predict KOT will make his first Sr World team in his first year post college, if not sooner. After that, no one will catch him for a long while. 

1 minute ago, Tigerfan said:

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I predict KOT will make his first Sr World team in his first year post college, if not sooner. After that, no one will catch him for a long while. 

You were very clear.  Some people don't maths good.

• Fire 1

If the PSU/NLWC system was as good as the fanboys think it is, they would never ever get better.  I'm sure the staff wasn't entirely happy with Nolf's 2nd period vs KOT, and will look for ways to make improvements going forward.

Cael is not infallible.  He knows that.  I'm sure stuff bothers him every day, and he looks to make fixes for every guy every day.