US Open - April 26th-30th, 2023

nhs67

So sad to hear about Lee. I hope he takes time to fully heal and comes back with a vengeance next year and wins an Olympic gold! It’s a shame the process has to start so early for qualifying for worlds. Maybe he would be healthy by that time but we will never know

1 minute ago, Eagle26 said:

So sad to hear about Lee. I hope he takes time to fully heal and comes back with a vengeance next year and wins an Olympic gold! It’s a shame the process has to start so early for qualifying for worlds. Maybe he would be healthy by that time but we will never know

DeSanto in the running for Most Improved this year. Up 3-0 over Gross with 2:00 left in the 2nd

i am an idiot on the internet

And great chest wrap defense for 5-0 and wins 5-4. Legit freestyle chops. I’m impressed. Maybe we get a *kimura tomorrow night - those are legal in freestyle if executed correctly.

Edited by bnwtwg

Just listened to Spencer’s dads interview. The one thing that stood out to me is that his mom doesn’t want to go to events anymore because of how fans treated the Lee family in the venue and the hotel. That’s such a black eye to the community. I hope whoever did that to the Lee family are having the day they deserve. You can be disappointed in a result, but it should never spill over to the athlete personally and especially not the family. 

• Fire 3

1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

Just listened to Spencer’s dads interview. The one thing that stood out to me is that his mom doesn’t want to go to events anymore because of how fans treated the Lee family in the venue and the hotel. That’s such a black eye to the community. I hope whoever did that to the Lee family are having the day they deserve. You can be disappointed in a result, but it should never spill over to the athlete personally and especially not the family. 

What was done to them?

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

Just now, jchapman said:

What was done to them?

His dad didn’t offer specifics. The lead into it was a little weird from Pyles. He basically said “you told me something off camera about Spencer’s mom not being here. Are you comfortable saying it on camera?” And Spencer’s dad said (paraphrasing here) the way their entire family were treated by fans in the venue and in the hotel was so harsh that it affected Spencer’s mom so deeply she said she won’t be attending events in person anymore. 

• Fire 1
  • Stalling 1

11 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Those people are pathetic and have already lost.  

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

I can think of some posters on this forum, or certainly Mineos that fit the profile…

Nolf handling O’Toole.  9-0 end of first.

The levels to this game just blow me away sometimes.  Levels upon levels.

——

edit to add - 2nd period going better for O’Toole.  Got a TD.  9-2.  Nolf was breathing heavy.  No offense in 2nd.  O in deep but Nolf gets away.  Nolf on D through 2nd.

Edited by Dark Energy

18 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

And great chest wrap defense for 5-0 and wins 5-4. Legit freestyle chops. I’m impressed. Maybe we get a *kimura tomorrow night - those are legal in freestyle if executed correctly.

IIRC, last time DeSanto wrestled a Cornell guy he attempted to injure him right before he lost.

8 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

IIRC, last time DeSanto wrestled a Cornell guy he attempted to injure him right before he lost.

Lol. When he was a Drexel dragon. 

I am amazed that Vito turns 24 in about a month, but may still be in college and eligible to wrestle in the 2024-2025 season! Crazy!

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

1 minute ago, Pa in Taiwan said:

So are you saying that Micic was a Cornell guy, because I recall the deliberate arm twisting Kimura was against Micic.

No, he's saying that the last time he wrestled a Cornell guy (Chaz Tucker) that there was an attempt to injure (knee).  

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

The levels to this game just blow me away sometimes.  Levels upon levels.

No doubt. And Nolf is high level, having achieved some real success now in international competition despite the fact that he hasn't been able to get past Dake.

Now the question is about whether his old teammate Cenzo Joseph is on the same level, as they will face off in the finals. I think Nolf takes it. 

Starocci looked in serious pain with right knee after strong Dieringer double.  But Starocci is continuing.  Surprised.  Dieringer up 4-0.  Restarting down on mat.

D with gut wrench.  6-0.

Honestly not getting it.  Knee is wrapped heavy.  Clearly has issue.  Not going to get on world team.  Wants Olympics - don’t you pull plug and work on healing and recovering?  Why risk worse injury?

3 minutes ago, Pa in Taiwan said:

No doubt. And Nolf is high level, having achieved some real success now in international competition despite the fact that he hasn't been able to get past Dake.

Now the question is about whether his old teammate Cenzo Joseph is on the same level, as they will face off in the finals. I think Nolf takes it. 

Nolf is going to remind everyone why Cenzo had to go 165. And no I’m not a bitter Imar fan watching 74 dreaming about what could have been this weekend why do you ask.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1