Lee "excuses are for wusses"

AgaveMaria

3 hours ago, 82bordeaux said:

Weren't these young ladies mentally strong enough in their diminished condition to state the reason that they were not competing?

Yeah, and??   You are stating that somehow Spencer Lee owes an explanation to us.  And I'm of the belief he doesn't owe any of us anything....now or in the future.  Doesn't matter what he says, half the people won' believe him--because, after all 'excuses are for wusses' and the other half won't really care why he dropped out.  There really is no upside to him saying anything.  I get that many WANT an answer.  Hell, I want to be 6'4 and in shape......doesn't mean it will happen. 

41 minutes ago, Holtfan said:

Yeah, and??   You are stating that somehow Spencer Lee owes an explanation to us.  And I'm of the belief he doesn't owe any of us anything....now or in the future.  Doesn't matter what he says, half the people won' believe him--because, after all 'excuses are for wusses' and the other half won't really care why he dropped out.  There really is no upside to him saying anything.  I get that many WANT an answer.  Hell, I want to be 6'4 and in shape......doesn't mean it will happen. 

I'm not saying Spencer Lee owes us any explanation. However, to be compared to the women you mentioned, he in fact does need to state for the record if it was a mental health issue.

And I can sense you are being defensive about Spencer and that's OK. However, he made his brand toughness. That was his choice. So some blow back has to be expected.

47 minutes ago, Holtfan said:

His college career is over, an explanation is not going to hurt him, may not help any either but what is wrong with being honest with the fans and the sport?  Or maybe we should just operate like basketball, no backside on the brackets.  😞  

42 minutes ago, 82bordeaux said:

I'm not saying Spencer Lee owes us any explanation. However, to be compared to the women you mentioned, he in fact does need to state for the record if it was a mental health issue.

And I can sense you are being defensive about Spencer and that's OK. However, he made his brand toughness. That was his choice. So some blow back has to be expected.

Point 1--actually, he really doesn't need to state it. I am just saying that was a possibility--however temporary it may have been or is--   How often to we see breakdown of top-notch athletes when then fail to meet their goal and objective?  

Point 2--Actually, I am not being defensive for him. He can speak for himself. I've simply stated that I am not in the group of people who believe he owes me anything--including an explanation.  

It's all good, it's just my view from over here in the cheap seats. 

There is more than being broken hearted that you didn't get your 4th NCAA championship. 

Just to name a few:

McIlravy lost a heart breaker in the 2000 Olympics in the semis.   He came back to beat the Belarussian guy for 3rd. 

Terry Brands same deal.    They were heartbroken yet came back.

My feeling is Lee is saving his knees for Senior Wrestling competition.   Based on his "toughness" and "relentlessness" that is the only thing I can think of that makes sense to me.   Giving up is just not in his nature.  It must have been for future reasons.   Just my $0.02.

mspart

• Fire 1

23 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

But I can also understand anyone who bought one of his "excuses are for wusses" SL branded items of apparel might feel owed an explanation.

So if they want an excuse, wouldn't that make them......... <wait for it.......>  

8 minutes ago, mspart said:

There is more than being broken hearted that you didn't get your 4th NCAA championship. 

Just to name a few:

McIlravy lost a heart breaker in the 2000 Olympics in the semis.   He came back to beat the Belarussian guy for 3rd. 

Terry Brands same deal.    They were heartbroken yet came back.

My feeling is Lee is saving his knees for Senior Wrestling competition.   Based on his "toughness" and "relentlessness" that is the only thing I can think of that makes sense to me.   Giving up is just not in his nature.  It must have been for future reasons.   Just my $0.02.

mspart

If thats the case then why not take the Cardinale approch and injury DF first match then MFF out of tourney and take your chance as the 15 to 25 seed?  He knows he can beat everyone and this way he will hit the #1 or #3 etc seed earlier when the knees are fresh.  

I am one who could care less why Lee decided to MFF. He owes me nothing.
But I can also understand anyone who bought one of his "excuses are for wusses" SL branded items of apparel might feel owed an explanation.

I had to look.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285132731735?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=ZEuwlAbZQ6e&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=yRJj9UWKS3-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

15 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Those look like knock offs. I was thinking more like this:

Interestingly, I went to the Iowa Style website and was unable to find this line.

3 hours ago, Gus said:

McKee ain’t in the picture boss man. Unless he wears West Virginia warmups nowadays…

I mean, McGee is...and they do have similar color uniforms. 

There are other...minor differences in appearances, but I guess if you have no idea who Mckee is, you could make that mistake!

• Haha 2

On 3/27/2023 at 4:19 PM, Wrestleknownothing said:

Those look like knock offs. I was thinking more like this:

Interestingly, I went to the Iowa Style website and was unable to find this line.

Probably a very popular item in Africa, along with all the Philadelphia Eagles 2023 Super Bowl Champions gear

• Haha 1