2023 Transfer Portal

18 minutes ago, Le duke said:

If you’re Bernie Truax, would you rather practice with Brands and Assad, or Starocci, Brooks, Taylor, Dake and Nickal?

If I were Bernie Truax I would go to Iowa with AJ Ferrari and Ben Keuter. Aaron Brooks isn't sure what weight he's going so I would avoid that. You asked...

• Haha 1

If I were Bernie Truax I would go to Iowa with AJ Ferrari and Ben Keuter. Aaron Brooks isn't sure what weight he's going so I would avoid that. You asked...

So, the theoretical Ferrari transfer outweighs Cael, Taylor, Dake, Snyder and Varner?

Is this Bob Nicolls? Only Slumlord Supreme would believe something so batshit crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

e82c2cd09db0bf410917cda2ef22ffd4.gif

• Fire 2

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

12 hours ago, BlacknGold said:

This is absolutely batshit.

You asked...

Edited by nhs67

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

16 minutes ago, Thumper said:

So would Griffith.

Griffith and Truax both would make ASU legit contenders for the top of the podium. 
Guess you could say that about several teams. But those teams aren’t out west. Bring that title west. 

Edited by SunDevil
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

Griffith and Truax both would make ASU legit contenders for the top of the podium. 
Guess you could say that about several teams. But those teams aren’t out west. Bring that title west

UNC Greeley!

@Wrestleknownothing has the tables and charts to show how they win.  🙂

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

Garrett Grice from Virginia seems like he could end up as a Husker.  He is from Nebraska and could probably beat Burwick.  Question is, would Burwick transfer again if he gets beat out for the position? Maybe back home at NDSU?

I was thinking the same about Garrett Grice, I believe he will probably end back up at Nebraska. If that happened I wonder how Burwick will feel after being over recruited for the second time. Crazy. 

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, SunDevil said:

Guess you could say that about several teams. But those teams aren’t out west. Bring that title west. 

I could see that happening. Great lineup if 74 and 84 are healthy. Come on powers that be, make it happen! 

Edited by Tripnsweep
  • Fire 2

Nagao seeks like he's most likely Penn State.

Garret Grice potentially Nebraska.

Any thoughts on destinations for Chris Cannon? I'll throw out North Carolina as a dark horse consideration.  Good academics for a kid who went through Blair and Northwestern.  Opening for them at the weight class. Probably scholarship money available after all the seniors they had just finishes.  Coleman Scott and Tony Ramos as lightweight mentors.

• Fire 1

On 4/8/2023 at 9:09 PM, Le duke said:

If you’re Bernie Truax, would you rather practice with Brands and Assad, or Starocci, Brooks, Taylor, Dake and Nickal?

I don't know, Brands is REALLY good at that collar lock!

I really do root for a little more parity, but I'm not gonna lie, it'd be fun to see Nagao at 133, a healthy Howard at 125, Bartlett coming off his first real taste of success in College and Yr 2 of Van Ness, Haines, Facundo and then Brooks bumping up with Starocci, Truax, Brooks and Kerkvliet.

Also...Truax has said he wants to go '84, right? Assad isn't going '97, right? That would seemingly make the decision easier. God knows he's got to be tired of finishing 4th(as impressive as that may be).

It'd also be VERY interesting to see a Brooks-Elam match. The differences in builds could make that a tougher matchup for Brooks.

10 hours ago, SunDevil said:

That'd make ASU pretty damn scary...and so long as you have ASU's full lineup(meaning no Oly for Schultz)...it could certainly be interesting.

Rather seem Teemer at 157. Not sure if he's got the size for 165.

I really do root for a little more parity, but I'm not gonna lie, it'd be fun to see Nagao at 133, a healthy Howard at 125, Bartlett coming off his first real taste of success in College and Yr 2 of Van Ness, Haines, Facundo and then Brooks bumping up with Starocci, Truax, Brooks and Kerkvliet.

Also...Truax has said he wants to go '84, right? Assad isn't going '97, right? That would seemingly make the decision easier. God knows he's got to be tired of finishing 4th(as impressive as that may be).

It'd also be VERY interesting to see a Brooks-Elam match. The differences in builds could make that a tougher matchup for Brooks.

If you have a Rokfin account, watch PSU vs Cornell from 2021 at the collegiate duals.

Brooks wrestled Loew; the length of Loew was not exactly a problem for Brooks. Loew AAd in 21-22 and Brooks beat him 15-3.

2 minutes ago, Le duke said:

If you have a Rokfin account, watch PSU vs Cornell from 2021 at the collegiate duals.

Brooks wrestled Loew; the length of Loew was not exactly a problem for Brooks. Loew AAd in 21-22 and Brooks beat him 15-3.

It's not JUST the body types I'm looking at, it's the body types of another ELITE Wrestler. I thought Elam was the best '97 in that weight(things don't always work out that way, just my opinion).

Also, I wasn't picking against Brooks(that'd seem silly at this point), but Loew isn't Elam. He's be wrestling a BIG '97 pounder who's VERY good on top, tough to finish on and just took a 3rd this year. Loew took an 8th at '84. I think Rocky Elam would present a much tougher challenge.

Just saying it'd make for an interesting match. Certainly a fun one for the fans.

It's not JUST the body types I'm looking at, it's the body types of another ELITE Wrestler. I thought Elam was the best '97 in that weight(things don't always work out that way, just my opinion).
Also, I wasn't picking against Brooks(that'd seem silly at this point), but Loew isn't Elam. He's be wrestling a BIG '97 pounder who's VERY good on top, tough to finish on and just took a 3rd this year. Loew took an 8th at '84. I think Rocky Elam would present a much tougher challenge.
Just saying it'd make for an interesting match. Certainly a fun one for the fans.

I think Elam would be gassed, bad, middle of the second and the wheels would fall off hard.

Aaron Brooks has a gas tank advantage over everyone when he’s cutting a good amount of weight. It will be worse for everyone when he’s not.

3 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Assad has a redshirt year available

Nagao has narrowed it down to Minnesota, Cornell, Penn State and Iowa.  That isn't technically his order or preference, however that is the order he said ut chronologically.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Nagao has narrowed it down to Minnesota, Cornell, Penn State and Iowa.  That isn't technically his order or preference, however that is the order he said ut chronologically.

Is there a reason to go in the portal then go back to Minny other than more money?

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

14 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Garrett Grice from Virginia seems like he could end up as a Husker.  He is from Nebraska and could probably beat Burwick.  Question is, would Burwick transfer again if he gets beat out for the position? Maybe back home at NDSU?

But wouldn't Nebraska be on the hook for $ and still have to pay even if he transfers is what I understand. So they would be paying him to wrestle somewhere else.

14 minutes ago, Silver said:

But wouldn't Nebraska be on the hook for $ and still have to pay even if he transfers is what I understand. So they would be paying him to wrestle somewhere else.

What $s would Nebraska owe him?  You can take scholarship $s with you.

10 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Nagao would slide in very nicely for the Hawkeyes to have a 1-2-3 punch of Ayala, Nagao, Woods also. Plus you have Terry there who has consistently put out lightweight talent and shown to be one of, if not the best, lightweight coaches in the country. Not sure how he fits in with Cornell unless him or Vito is moving off of 133. It seems like it will come down to PSU and Iowa for Nagao. I don't think he can really make a wrong choice with PSU's dominance throughout the lineup and Iowa's lightweight dominance.