2023 Transfer Portal

You're just trying to bag on Iowa for some reason.  Iowa at those weights just went 5th-DNP-5th.  UNI has Keckeisen and then did not qualify at either of the other weights.  NC State has Hidlay, but went 0-2 at 174 and 1-2 at 197, both of their guys losing to their Iowa counterparts.  Your blinded by your biases.

Am I? Look at those programs in the last 5 years.

I’d make the same argument FOR Iowa at 125/133. If you’re 125/133 and Iowa wants you to transfer there, you should probably do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Am I? Look at those programs in the last 5 years.

I’d make the same argument FOR Iowa at 125/133. If you’re 125/133 and Iowa wants you to transfer there, you should probably do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just gave you literal facts.  The year before that it was Kem vs. Hidlay at 174 , with a relative wash but advantage NC State because of the head to head win, 184 clear advantage NC State, 197 clear advantage Iowa (all of this is discounting heavyweight, where Iowa holds a clear advantage.  That year UNI went 2-2 at 174, Keckeisen took 3rd, and DNQ at 197 again.

The year before that (2021) Kemerer took second at 174 while NC State DNQ and UNI went 0-2.  Hidlay took second at 184, Brands went 1-2, and Keckeisen took 3rd.  At 197, Warner took 4th, NC State went 0-2, and UNI again didn't qualify.

Two years before that (Due to COVID) Iowa DNQ at 174, NC State went 1-2, and UNI also DNQ.  At 184, Wilcke went 2-2, Reenan went 0-2 for NC State, and Foster won it for UNI.  At 197, freshman Jacob Warner took 7th, Malik McDonald went 1-2 for NC State and UNI again DNQ.

The year before that, Joey Gunther went 0-2 for Iowa at 174, Daniel Bullard went 1-2 for NC State, and Taylor Lujan lost in the blood round for UNI.  Mitchell Bowman went 2-2 at 184, Pete Renda went 2-2 and lost in the blood round for NC State, and Drew Foster went 1-2 for UNI.  At 197, Cash Wilcke went 3-2 and lost in the blood round for Iowa, Mike Macchiavello won it for NC State and Jacob Holschlag came in unseeded but placed 5th.

7 All Americans for Iowa, 5 for NC State, 5 for UNI.

• Fire 3

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I just gave you literal facts.  The year before that it was Kem vs. Hidlay at 174 , with a relative wash but advantage NC State because of the head to head win, 184 clear advantage NC State, 197 clear advantage Iowa (all of this is discounting heavyweight, where Iowa holds a clear advantage.  That year UNI went 2-2 at 174, Keckeisen took 3rd, and DNQ at 197 again.

The year before that (2021) Kemerer took second at 174 while NC State DNQ and UNI went 0-2.  Hidlay took second at 184, Brands went 1-2, and Keckeisen took 3rd.  At 197, Warner took 4th, NC State went 0-2, and UNI again didn't qualify.

Two years before that (Due to COVID) Iowa DNQ at 174, NC State went 1-2, and UNI also DNQ.  At 184, Wilcke went 2-2, Reenan went 0-2 for NC State, and Foster won it for UNI.  At 197, freshman Jacob Warner took 7th, Malik McDonald went 1-2 for NC State and UNI again DNQ.

The year before that, Joey Gunther went 0-2 for Iowa at 174, Daniel Bullard went 1-2 for NC State, and Taylor Lujan lost in the blood round for UNI.  Mitchell Bowman went 2-2 at 184, Pete Renda went 2-2 and lost in the blood round for NC State, and Drew Foster went 1-2 for UNI.  At 197, Cash Wilcke went 3-2 and lost in the blood round for Iowa, Mike Macchiavello won it for NC State and Jacob Holschlag came in unseeded but placed 5th.

7 All Americans for Iowa, 5 for NC State, 5 for UNI.

Everyone knows that if you want to be good at 184, you go to UNI.... Not 174 or 197, only 184.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Who are the other two schools?

Good question... He is finishing his Master's, so academics may not be in play. It seems he just wants to do the fake classes and wrestle one more year. He said he is open to other schools as well. Wrestling close to home does make a lot of sense. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

34 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Good question... He is finishing his Master's, so academics may not be in play. It seems he just wants to do the fake classes and wrestle one more year. He said he is open to other schools as well. Wrestling close to home does make a lot of sense. 

I asked because it said he was down to three schools.  I assumed he said who the other two were in the interview and I'd a ho...ped you had listened/watched.

willem-dafoe-creepy.gif.77fcd5376f6b1fea1148f358bf0dc2b4.gif

• Haha 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I asked because it said he was down to three schools.  I assumed he said who the other two were in the interview and I'd a ho...ped you had listened/watched.

willem-dafoe-creepy.gif.77fcd5376f6b1fea1148f358bf0dc2b4.gif

Well played.... no it didn't say in the article. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I think it shakes out like this:

125: Robbie Howard / Cael Nasdeo (RS)

133: Cannon or Nagao / Braeden Davis (RS)

141: Beau Bartlett / Tyler Kasak (RS)

149: Shayne Van Ness

157: Levi Haines

165: Mitchell Mesenbrink

174: Alex Facundo / Carter Starocci (ORS) / Josh Barr (RS)

184: Bernie Truax 

197: Aaron Brooks

285: Greg Kerkvliet

40 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

ASU was a finalist for Facundo. Wonder if they can pull him away. 

I don't think Facundo is too worried.  He has Worlds and Olympic aspirations and he knows that State College is his best chance for that.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I don't think Facundo is too worried.  He has Worlds and Olympic aspirations and he knows that State College is his best chance for that.

This.  Knowing that you're a Facundo fan I was always under the impression he's more focused on Free than Folk.  Am I wrong?

I Don't Agree With What I Posted