2023 Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, Gus said:

From what I can tell @BlacknGold is for Iowa as @jajensen09 is for Nebraska. The extent of their homer takes are unrivaled.

5 hours ago, nhs67 said:

How?  Educate us.

What's the name of my alias? Pretty sure a 5 year old wrestler who just learned how to read can see that I support Iowa wrestling by the name itself.

Better lower weight teammates, better lower weight coaching, plus Lee/Desanto training package. And no Lilledahl/Mason Gibson log jam. 

You think I'm just trolling??? Not at all. Iowa is coming for you, we got one in 2021 and another one coming soon. Nagao to Iowa makes more sense, not trolling 1 bit

6 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

What's the name of my alias? Pretty sure a 5 year old wrestler who just learned how to read can see that I support Iowa wrestling by the name itself.

Better lower weight teammates, better lower weight coaching, plus Lee/Desanto training package. And no Lilledahl/Mason Gibson log jam. 

You think I'm just trolling??? Not at all. Iowa is coming for you, we got one in 2021 and another one coming soon. Nagao to Iowa makes more sense, not trolling 1 bit

I’m not saying you have an alias. You have not been a part of this board long enough to see @jajensen09 in all of his Nebraska glory during the season. He is the corn husker version of you. You eat Casey’s pizza, he eats Runza. 

1 minute ago, Gus said:

I’m not saying you have an alias. You have not been a part of this board long enough to see @jajensen09 in all of his Nebraska glory during the season. He is the corn husker version of you. You eat Casey’s pizza, he eats Runza. 

Not sure I understand. Aren't you Penn State fans doing the same thing? Supporting your cause while I support mine? You guys are funny 

20 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

Not sure I understand. Aren't you Penn State fans doing the same thing? Supporting your cause while I support mine? You guys are funny 

Hahaha.

You think I'm a Penn State fan.

Cute...

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 hours ago, Gus said:

Did the Brands bros really cost a a healthy Spencer Lee or is he just injury prone? His injury history extends back to high school. Torn ACL, torn labrum in high school.

No, I don't think that they cost us a healthy Spencer Lee.  He is injury prone.

I think they had a hand in him not competing during college, though, and he did have healthy spurts.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, BlacknGold said:

Not a Penn State or Iowa fan, but....   

Penn State develops guys guys and can win national titles without the portal.  They would have still won minus Dean and Kerk and with Beard and Nevills.  They don't need to add one single guy  from the portal for next year to still win.  Iowa is using the portal (which is fair game) to hold on to 2nd. So,  Is your prediction of "Iowa is coming"  "2021 was just the beginning" because you actually think Brands can out recruit, out develop and out coach Penn State from here on out? Or is your prediction based on large donors and 3rd parties making it possible to buy a team that can beat Penn State? 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

2 hours ago, BlacknGold said:

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Hahaha.

You think I'm a Penn State fan.

Cute...

I can assure you than We Are not PSU fans LOL.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

No, I don't think that they cost us a healthy Spencer Lee.  He is injury prone.

I think they had a hand in him not competing during college, though, and he did have healthy spurts.

Fair enough. A lot of Iowa haters act like the Brands brothers are personally responsible for Spencer's injuries. 

I personally disagree with you and think that Spencer has competed every time that he was healthy enough to compete at a high level. Unfortunately, that has only been one US Open where he wrecked the competetion.

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Not a Penn State or Iowa fan, but....   

Penn State develops guys guys and can win national titles without the portal.  They would have still won minus Dean and Kerk and with Beard and Nevills.  They don't need to add one single guy  from the portal for next year to still win.  Iowa is using the portal (which is fair game) to hold on to 2nd. So,  Is your prediction of "Iowa is coming"  "2021 was just the beginning" because you actually think Brands can out recruit, out develop and out coach Penn State from here on out? Or is your prediction based on large donors and 3rd parties making it possible to buy a team that can beat Penn State? 

Don't think it's a coaching or development thing, Cael just had the best recruits for a decade..  Iowa is ascending; best recruiting class of 2023, and possibly all 3 Ferrari hammers on the way. There's going to be multiple juggernauts in ncaa wrestling soon, especially under new portal rules

Don't think it's a coaching or development thing, Cael just had the best recruits for a decade..  Iowa is ascending; best recruiting class of 2023, and possibly all 3 Ferrari hammers on the way. There's going to be multiple juggernauts in ncaa wrestling soon, especially under new portal rules

You are out of your mind, Bob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

So, I have seen this claim a number of places, but I have never seen anyone be able to back it up with facts.

But even if it is backed up with facts, it ignores at least two important points.

First, if PSU has had the best recruits for a decade, what has changed to make that no longer the case? Presumably, under the success begets success philosophy, the PSU recruiting classes would get more so, not less. Using "just" makes it seem way more random than it actually is. 

Secondly, having the best recruiting class is a purely subjective statement. Who determines the best recruits, and why do we think they are always accurate? There is no definitive way to determine this. It feels like the boogie man people like to use when they want to explain away something they do not truly understand. More likely is that PSU is very good at determining who is likely to succeed at the college level and also very good at landing them as recruits. But to be clear, I also do not understand what is going on, but I am very confident it is not as simple as "just had the best recruits".

• Fire 2

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

So, I have seen this claim a number of places, but I have never seen anyone be able to back it up with facts.

But even if it is backed up with facts, it ignores at least two important points.

First, if PSU has had the best recruits for a decade, what has changed to make that no longer the case? Presumably, under the success begets success philosophy, the PSU recruiting classes would get more so, not less. Using "just" makes it seem way more random than it actually is. 

Secondly, having the best recruiting class is a purely subjective statement. Who determines the best recruits, and why do we think they are always accurate? There is no definitive way to determine this. It feels like the boogie man people like to use when they want to explain away something they do not truly understand. More likely is that PSU is very good at determining who is likely to succeed at the college level and also very good at landing them as recruits. But to be clear, I also do not understand what is going on, but I am very confident it is not as simple as "just had the best recruits".

I discovered how to trigger a psu fan

Cael had the best recruits for the last decade, it's not really a debate on the internet... He has the top ranked 2024 class too, look it up.. 

9 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

I discovered how to trigger a psu fan

Cael had the best recruits for the last decade, it's not really a debate on the internet... He has the top ranked 2024 class too, look it up.. 

Like using "just", "triggered" is what people say when someone disagrees with them.

I am absolutely, 100%, unapologetically a PSU fan. And you are making my point. If Sanderson has the top ranked 2024 class (look it up, another great deflection, then what will change? More so.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

16 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Like using "just", "triggered" is what people say when someone disagrees with them.

I am absolutely, 100%, unapologetically a PSU fan. And you are making my point. If Sanderson has the top ranked 2024 class (look it up, another great deflection, then what will change? More so.

You know it's true. Keep screaming at the wind

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

This guy is Iowa @jajensen09 - you have to treat him as such. Don't try to rationalize.

• Fire 2