2023 NCAA Tournament Fantasy Competition

lu_alum

3 hours ago, lu_alum said:

Did you make the picks or was it your wife???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I made them and have to live with it LOL. However, I explained the situation to my wife this morning and she had a good laugh at my expense. She said I can borrow her favorite State sweatshirt if I want to join the fan club. 

• Haha 1

Vak just messaged me and im afraid that all of the tournament money was held in an account at Silicon Valley Bank and we will not be able to get the money back.  We can still play but it will be just for the honor of it.  Also I noticed Vak got a lot of nice new clothes recently 🤔

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

Vak just messaged me and im afraid that all of the tournament money was held in an account at Silicon Valley Bank and we will not be able to get the money back.  We can still play but it will be just for the honor of it.  Also I noticed Vak got a lot of nice new clothes recently 🤔

Clothes? I thought he used the money to somehow try and convince the NCAA to give Spencer yet another year of eligibility for next year. 

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, flyingcement said:

#VakBankmanFried

• Fire 2

I watched about the first round and a half of the draft.  It looked like you guys had a good time.  I couldn't keep up when it started, let alone after 2+ hrs.  Glad I didn't get in, with me it in would have taken 2 days and someone would have had to wake me up a few times.  That Mr. @MPhillips was talkin' some crap before it started, lol.  Well played gents.

• Fire 1

Okay.  Well done.  I wasn’t there till the end but watched most of it.  So now that it’s done and we still have some time before the tournament starts,  is there going to be a fantasy pickers fantasy pick’em so some of the guys who wanted in the first round can play pick the fantasy picker who picked the winnyest team?

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Okay.  Well done.  I wasn’t there till the end but watched most of it.  So now that it’s done and we still have some time before the tournament starts,  is there going to be a fantasy pickers fantasy pick’em so some of the guys who wanted in the first round can play pick the fantasy picker who picked the winnyest team?

Ha!

I think that would be epic!

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 hours ago, MizzouFan01 said:

I have seen reports that 11 seed Connor McGonagle at 133 is out of the tournament due to a knee injury. Oakley of App St wil be his replacement. This could be rough on @Jerry Callo if true. 

I say we let him choose anyone who is still available. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

43 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I say we let him choose anyone who is still available. 

I’m not sure how it works in this situation. I believe Vak and Lu brought it up during the draft but I don’t remember the details. I haven’t see it made official yet, but I would hope it’s sooner or later if it’s true. 

I believe it was said that 'We draft the guys, not the position' or something along those lines.

The gents who picked Cardinale or any other guy who has missed significant time this year knew there were risks, right?

That said, I am okay letting him pick from the pool at 133.

• Fire 2

27 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I believe it was said that 'We draft the guys, not the position' or something along those lines.

The gents who picked Cardinale or any other guy who has missed significant time this year knew there were risks, right?

That said, I am okay letting him pick from the pool at 133.

Correct this was the reply when I asked if I drafted carter young would I get Oliveri replacement points, also the guy who drafted Cardinale 

I’m not sure how it works in this situation. I believe Vak and Lu brought it up during the draft but I don’t remember the details. I haven’t see it made official yet, but I would hope it’s sooner or later if it’s true. 

I asked the question, as I was thinking about the implications of picking #11 seed McG. @VakAttack very quickly stated that “you pick the guy, not the position.” Jerry Callo is now playing a man short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

24 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Hmmm.  Seeing it written, I feel like a bit of a dick, lol.  Maybe we should let JerBear pick from the remaining 133s?  I'm open to suggestions. 

If this were just for fun I might be okay with being a ponce about it... that said, being that there was a massive buy-in I think he should be allowed to pick.

• Haha 1

I’m fine with replacements at 133 and 149. Either give them the replacement entry or grant them a new pick. I trust your judgement, [mention=10]VakAttack[/mention].

Whatever is decided, I need the new name before the tourney begins Thursday morning. However, if your guy fails skin check or misses weight, you’re stuck with the horse you bought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Fire 1