B1G - Session 2, 3/4/23 5:30 PM (US-Eastern)

nhs67

10 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Slow down there buddy. I'm happy for you since Nebraska fans rarely have anything to celebrate but it doesn't take too many brain cells to figure out that the bigger field at NCAAs changes things significantly. 

They once cheered for UNO 

4 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

You are bringing up 10 years ago, wrestling has changed so much from then, manning and Snyder have kept up with the times, Iowa has not. The shit you see out of brands, Warner,  Assad, teske, is just bad coaching

You know what hasn’t changed in that time? Nebraskas inability to get a national champ. You’re suggesting that Manning and Snyder are keeping up with the times by coaching no champs and being pummeled by Iowa every year? That’s quite the strategy.

Edited by russelscout
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

You are bringing up 10 years ago, wrestling has changed so much from then, manning and Snyder have kept up with the times, Iowa has not. The shit you see out of brands, Warner,  Assad, teske, is just bad coaching

I think Nebraska has kept up well. They got the Condo from PA and he should be back next season ready to go

17 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Liam L

Hardy W

Robb W

Mikey close match 

Allred close match W

Ok, so you are predicting three. What are the probabilities you assign to 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 champs today?

Presumably 3 will be your highest, but not 100%. Or maybe it will

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

31 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Was it when Iowa beat Nebraska 34-6 in a dual this year that you decided Nebraska was way better than Iowa? Or is it the fact that Iowa is beating Nebraska at this very tournament? Could it possibly have been at NCAA’s every year when Nebraska watches Iowa collect a team trophy?

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, jajensen09 said:

Obviously you haven't watched Allred much. Dude is for sure one of the best 197 pounders in the country. Liam has best damn near every top rated 125 pounder except Lee.  

I’ve seen Allred get whooped twice by Sloan.  Cronin hasn’t beat Glory.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, jajensen09 said:

Lolol. You say Nebraska isnbetter than Iowa and has "kept up with the changes in wrestling.  He said you haven't had a champ in the last 10 years, and your response is "why you bringing up old shit?"

@jajensen09 was in his bag last night. 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

Im not gonna pretend that Nebraska has a been a dominate team in the past. A consistent Top 10 at NCAAs, Finished second like 2 or 3 years ago  at Big Tens. Had a couple of guys in the finals but they lost to absolute studs ( Nolf and Yanni) But I do think Manning has picked up his recruiting and has been getting better talent in the room. Its showing. Hardy,  Robb, Lovett, Pinto, Allred. All young. All back next year. Nebraska isnt a Penn State, or Iowa. But Its hard not to see they are building something pretty cool. Something that will challenge at the top

• Fire 1

46 minutes ago, HuskerMac said:

Im not gonna pretend that Nebraska has a been a dominate team in the past. A consistent Top 10 at NCAAs, Finished second like 2 or 3 years ago  at Big Tens. Had a couple of guys in the finals but they lost to absolute studs ( Nolf and Yanni) But I do think Manning has picked up his recruiting and has been getting better talent in the room. Its showing. Hardy,  Robb, Lovett, Pinto, Allred. All young. All back next year. Nebraska isnt a Penn State, or Iowa. But Its hard not to see they are building something pretty cool. Something that will challenge at the top

Doesn’t it feel like we’ve been here though? I remember discussions about a young and talented Red and Venz too.

personally, someone calling out manning here is wrong

just look at where the team is now compared to november

i know if ifs and buts were candy and nuts etc...

but if lovett was wrestling and pinto doesn't fall asleep against romero

we are looking at 7 in the finals

and perhaps a chance at second...

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, russelscout said:

You know what hasn’t changed in that time? Nebraskas inability to get a national champ. You’re suggesting that Manning and Snyder are keeping up with the times by coaching no champs and being pummeled by Iowa every year? That’s quite the strategy.

3 freshman in the big 10 finals says otherwise bud 😉

5 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

personally, someone calling out manning here is wrong

just look at where the team is now compared to november

i know if ifs and buts were candy and nuts etc...

but if lovett was wrestling and pinto doesn't fall asleep against romero

we are looking at 7 in the finals

and perhaps a chance at second...

For sure. Manning should absolutely be coach of the year for what he replaced from last year as well

Just now, jajensen09 said:

3 freshman in the big 10 finals says otherwise bud 😉

No it doesn’t. It doesn’t change the fact that Nebby hasn’t had a champ in 10 years and has consistently been dominated by Iowa. Hell Nebby is losing to Iowa in this very tourney and you are using it as a reason for why they are better than Iowa. It’s quite hilarious.

26 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Doesn’t it feel like we’ve been here though? I remember discussions about a young and talented Red and Venz too.

If you're going to slight Manning and Co for Red (who was still ended up a 3x AA) and Venz do they on the flip side get credit for Berger and Dudley? Your point about Kokesh is a fair one, he was definitely the favorite to win it all in 2015 at 174.

Edited by Xmas32

28 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Both of them were great wrestlers.  I mean we can pick and choose alot of people who under achieved. Kem,  Alex Marlnelli, DeSanto to name a few. I mean its funny all the arguing back a forth while Penn St is over there being like. Yea.. you guys are doing well.  As they walk past all the trophies. 

Edited by HuskerMac
  • Fire 2

3 minutes ago, HuskerMac said:

Both of them were great wrestlers.  I mean we can pick and choose alot of people who under achieved. Kem,  Alex Marlnelli, DeSanto to name a few. I mean its funny all the arguing back a forth while Penn St is over there being like. Yea.. you guys are doing well.  As they walk past all the trophies. 

Would you agree that Venz got worse from his Freshman year to his Senior? He placed as a freshman and never again. I don’t think you can say the same about any of the guys you listed.

8 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

If you're going to slight Manning and Co for Red (who was still ended up a 3x AA) and Venz do they on the flip side get credit for Berger and Dudley? Your point about Kokesh is a fair one, he was definitely the favorite to win it all in 2015 at 174.

I am not trying to just put down Manning. Nebby has been a great program, but there is reason to doubt Peyton Robb based on some of the things I stated and my prediction of him not winning isn’t completely unfounded and far from “the dumbest comment of the night” as stated by @jajensen09