On 2/23/2023 at 1:14 PM, VakAttack said:

Here's who I have participating so far:

1. @VakAttack
  2. @nhs67
  3. @MizzouFan01
  4. @lu_alum
  5. @Idaho
  6. @MPhillips

I believe we have one direct request to join from @Wrestleknownothing, if he confirms, I'll add him to the list of participants.

We have a couple of guys chiming in, but I'm not sure if they want to join, so i'll need them to confirm:

2. @bnwtwg

Finally, we need to see if some of last year's participants who haven't chimed in want to play:

1. ShakaAloha (Last year's champ, I don't believe he migrated here, but if he sees this, join in!)
  2. @flyingcement
  3. @Jerry Callo

I think we actually ended up with 9 participants last year after starting with 10, Hank disappeared on us (and I haven't heard anything from him since, hope he's ok).  Let me know!

I'll add @GreatWhiteNorth 

I'm thinking we do this either Wednesday evening or Thursday during the day or evening.  I would say start time around 9 EST works best for me in the evenings.

Brackets come out Wednesday afternoon.  Wednesday evening may be too soon to build the draft board.  I suggest we firm up participants by the end of this week and shoot for a draft over the weekend or early next week.  Best days for me would be Monday or Tuesday.  

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

I'll add @GreatWhiteNorth 

I'm thinking we do this either Wednesday evening or Thursday during the day or evening.  I would say start time around 9 EST works best for me in the evenings.

Im good for any day and time except Wednesday nights. I shoot in a pool league and with the drinks flowing, it’s not in my best interest to shoot pool and draft for money 😂

1 hour ago, lu_alum said:

Brackets come out Wednesday afternoon.  Wednesday evening may be too soon to build the draft board.  I suggest we firm up participants by the end of this week and shoot for a draft over the weekend or early next week.  Best days for me would be Monday or Tuesday.  

I'm going to be in London.

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

If that time doesn't work for people, that's OK. I'll still be the bank, and you guys can play. 

I'm sure we can work something out.  When do you leave... any chance you'd be able to connect while in London?  The time change may work in your favor.

I can go on Thursday, I won't be able to join until 9:30p EST.  (I'm in Las Vegas - Pacific time zone)

I'll setup the draft board after brackets are released on Wednesday.  Each of the participants need to send their email address to me via PM, so they can view / have access to the board during the draft. 

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, VakAttack said:

That's my preference.  I'm just waiting on confirmation from the other participants.  Logging in from my family vacation in London may or may not be possible.

I lived in London between 2010 and 2016 and during that time, they did still have internet access (of course this was pre-Brexit...)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Can someone summarize for the idiots what and how we are doing it this year?

It's me.  I'm idiots.

Same as last year...  Based on feedback, it looks like the draft will take place at 9:30pm EST.

1. Confirm with VakAttack that you are participating. 
  2. Vak will send you Venmo information ($20)
  3. Send lu_alum (me) your email address via PM  (if you don't want to share personal email address, let me know via PM and I'll create a Gmail account and password for you.)
  4. After brackets are published Wednesday lu_alum will create the draft board on a Google Sheet doc (basically an online spreadsheet that allows access to multiple users simultaneously)
  5. lu_alum will send a link to the draft board to the email address provided 
  6. Vak will determine the draft order for all those who are registered.  
  7. Everyone logs in to the Google Sheet in time for the 9:30pm draft.  
  8. Draft picks can be made one of two ways (note: #1 below is much easier, but #2 made it possible for onlookers to watch and offer commentary):
    1. The Google Sheet has a Chat feature where people can make their picks.
    2. I assume Vak will create a dedicated thread for the draft where folks can make picks.  Using this method makes it necessary for folks to refresh their screen after each pick. 
  9. As folks make their picks, I'll move the choices from the available selections to their respective spots on the board.
  10. Everyone will pick a guy for each weight class, plus a Wild Card selection.  All eleven "team members" score.
  11. After each session... I'll download the individual tourney scoring from TrackWrestling and provide the contest leaderboard.

The draft went really smoothly last year & took about 1-1/2 hours for a ten-person contest.  Here's a snapshot of what last year's completed draft board looked like in the Google Sheet document.

image.thumb.png.ac43f832986ec89ce35879dad21200e1.png

Edited by lu_alum
  • Fire 1