Carr vs O'Toole  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Carr vs O'Toole

• David Carr
    • Kegan O'Toole
    • Carr Duck
    • O'Toole Duck

3 minutes ago, Ivan Stankowski said:

Will O'Toole and Mocco enter the transfer portal after this year, neither seem to be improving in the Missouri wrestling room, any chance they transfer to Wisconsin and wrestle for Bono and are closer to AWA?

So are you really trying to say Carr isn't very good?  🙄

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, Ivan Stankowski said:

Will O'Toole and Mocco enter the transfer portal after this year, neither seem to be improving in the Missouri wrestling room, any chance they transfer to Wisconsin and wrestle for Bono and are closer to AWA?

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong.
Can you tell me which one is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Great match Carr did an amazing job of wrestling to his strengths and keeping KOT out of his wheel house. Maybe when KOT gets his takedown he is able to establish a solid ride and go to work on top it could’ve been a completely different match, but Carr’s urgency & game plan keep the ball in his court for the full 7 minutes.

Internet troll: someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Source: Urban Dictionary 

11 hours ago, Chainsaw said:

Great match Carr did an amazing job of wrestling to his strengths and keeping KOT out of his wheel house. Maybe when KOT gets his takedown he is able to establish a solid ride and go to work on top it could’ve been a completely different match, but Carr’s urgency & game plan keep the ball in his court for the full 7 minutes.

I don't know.  Several of those wrestling positions in that match that I might have originally thought would have favored KOT were solidly owned by Carr.  Carr looked stronger and better.

Looking forward to the rematch and adjustments by both of them.

20 hours ago, Chainsaw said:

8 hours ago, Warm Up Champ said:

I don't know.  Several of those wrestling positions in that match that I might have originally thought would have favored KOT were solidly owned by Carr.  Carr looked stronger and better.

Looking forward to the rematch and adjustments by both of them.

I'll have to rewatch myself because I walked away thinking Carr won by keeping KOT in his wheelhouse and capitalizing on every little mistake KOT made 

• Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

6 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

I'll have to rewatch myself because I walked away thinking Carr won by keeping KOT in his wheelhouse and capitalizing on every little mistake KOT made 

In the wheelhouse or out, it was one of the best game planned matches I've ever seen. He was prepared for everything Keegan was going to do and executed to perfection. He was better in all three phases of the game. Keegan will need to be equal as prepared with a game plan in future matches in order to flip the script, but I think it's a good thing he got a feel for Carr before it really matters. 

• Fire 1

On 2/16/2023 at 10:56 AM, ionel said:

So are you really trying to say Carr isn't very good?  🙄

I'm pretty sure he's saying this in response to the A in AWA saying Wrestler's don't get better under Bono after Hamiti lost to Carr earlier this year 7-5.

So you kinda need that context otherwise it comes off...no offense Ivan, but kinda(totally) ridiculous.

First two periods, Carr scrambled through to late takedowns and I'm thinking "KOT won't let that happen next time" but then seeing him ride O'Toole in the third? Incredible. Carr totally owned the match. 

It will be interesting to see what kind of adjustments KOT makes but I must admit Carr has the advantage going into the Big 12 tournament. That could be the last time they meet up this year. I expect the bracket at Nationals to be a wreck.