Looks like we have a new winner for dirtiest wrestler

Reflecting on the thread subject, I thought about what the dirtiest things that I ever did.  Mostly some headbutting against those I didn't really like from the tie up position.  That one was pretty common from others too.  One that was a little less common, and would give me a good callous on the bottom of my chin, was just digging my chin deeply into the opponents back and spine to cause him to squirm.  Taught to me by a sadistic assistant coach when growing up.  

Last year, the "dirty wrestler" of the year seemed to be Mantanona and his strangle move.  Zahid also used that in world team trials.  

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

it might be time for you to call it a night...

i hope you feel better tomorrow...

Your alter-ego JackrabbitFan239 seems to have called it a night.

Maybe you need to fire that username up to start posting again... not sure if that would make you more or less pathetic, but fire it up. We'll see.

• Fire 1

Just now, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Your alter-ego JackrabbitFan239 seems to have called it a night.

Maybe you need to fire that username up to start posting again... not sure if that would make you more or less pathetic, but fire it up. We'll see.

ok...

it is clear you have reached tilt...

toodles

8 minutes ago, LJB said:

a kid who is clearly irredeemable...

should we sterilize or go straight for euthanize?

First of all, he didn't use the word, I did.  Second of all, this is just an absurd post. 

For the third of fourth time:  He shouldn't be on a college wrestling mat.  I have no view at all regarding him as a college student or a functioning member of society.  As far as wrestling goes, the strong word I used befits the extraordinary, extreme, and indefensible conduct in question which has happened on multiple occasions.  You in many, unending posts since my question, regarding whether you're comfortable with him wrestling other college students, have continued to duck this simple question, refusing to say "yes," and essentially confirming my use of the word even as you ridicule it.

• Fire 1

Just now, dragit said:

First of all, he didn't use the word, I did.  Second of all, this is just an absurd post. 

For the third of fourth time:  He shouldn't be on a college wrestling mat.  I have no view at all regarding him as a college student or a functioning member of society.  As far as wrestling goes, the strong word I used befits the extraordinary, extreme, and indefensible conduct in question which has happened on multiple occasions.  You in many, unending posts since my question, regarding whether you're comfortable with him wrestling other college students, have continued to duck this simple question, refusing to say "yes," and essentially confirming my use of the word even as you ridicule it.

irredeemable...

that is your silliness... 

poor guy just jumped on the bandwagon because he has an axe to grind... wanted to take his shot... this is not anything new for me...

i am not ducking any question... it just is not important enough to me to respond to...

you can accept that or not, i could not possibly care less one way or the other...

just put me in your "irredeemable" category and move on...

i am totally ok with that...

• Fire 1

Just now, flyingcement said:

sooo. how about Casey Swiderski giving Carter Young a triple donkey kick?  

this is me trying to diffuse 

is swiderski irredeemable?

because he had some issues in HS as well...

couple that with a donkey kick?

BURN HIM!!!!!!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, LJB said:

is swiderski irredeemable?

because he had some issues in HS as well...

couple that with a donkey kick?

BURN HIM!!!!!!

I personally interpreted the irredeemable comment as mostly hyperbole from someone who did not approve of the wrestler's behavior.  I don't interpret many things literally other than lists of ingredients and box scores.  Even dictionaries are just suggestive :)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I personally interpreted the irredeemable comment as mostly hyperbole from someone who did not approve of the wrestler's behavior.  I don't interpret many things literally other than lists of ingredients and box scores.  Even dictionaries are just suggestive 🙂

that is totally fair...

and there is a good possibility you are just a better person than i...

i am ok with that as well...

but...

it does not make the comment any less scummy...

1 hour ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Here's the link...

Posting link(s) one more time for those that are on the tail end of the thread.

If I'd have pulled something like this, my coach would have slapped the sh** out of me afterward.

Kids are soft now, living in a world of privilege and entitlement. Not even remotely afraid of rules or coaches.

I guess, maybe it's better... but, I do have my reservations from time to time. This kid being one of those times.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth
  • Fire 1

It's been suggested that it's best to knock off, so I will, following a reality check and rereading the original post.  I think (I'm twitter illiterate) that it included a tweet from a coach who was so bothered by the Friday match that he retweeted a clip of it and added a clip from a match from earlier in the season (Scuffle?) with the same wrestler. 

The earlier clip showed the wrestler in question twice using an overhook/whizzer which appeared to be applied at the elbow, not the armpit, and which appeared to, unsurprisingly, and as one can reasonably infer was intended, injure the elbow. 

The clip from the Friday match was longer, and, upon rewatching it, I realized, was so bizarre and unlike anything I have ever seen that, if not for the provided context, I might have thought was more likely a comedy skit designed to mock the sport than an actual college wrestling match between two legitimate division one programs.  The behavior showed by a camera that doesn't blink is, to put it mildly, abnormal, and clearly designed to at first, violate the rules, and then, to injure.  Which it did, it's been represented that his opponent was unable to wrestle his next match.

The original poster also stated that his research showed that the wrestler in question had been DQ'ed from another tournament. 

The thread in response to this has produced people defending the conduct, engaging in relativism comparing it to other conduct, and generally attacking strong criticism of this categorically loathsome pattern of purposeful behavior.  Having re-watched the clips this amazes me, but I've said my piece and can't see the point in lingering on this thread any longer and just hope to be able to start fresh on a different topic some other day.  Good night all.

• Fire 5

It was wild that Swidierski's triple donkey kick didn't earn a penalty initially.  It came with 5 seconds left in a match that was completely decided.  Super obvious, and the ref just watched.  Then after missing that, the ref deducts team points in both directions for stuff that was mild by comparison.  Just a total loss of control from the ref.

• Fire 1

16 minutes ago, Perry said:

Another classless display this time from Iowa state..

OK I know I said I was stopping but I claim an exemption -- this post came in before mine but I hadn't seen it.

I don't disagree with Perry's point, but the Bratke tweet shows perfectly just how out of this universe the conduct that this thread is about was.

The Iowa State match is:

• Two seconds of conduct (not an entire match by someone who has done the same thing before);
  • By a desperate, exhausted wrestler at the buzzer (not a purposeful, fresh wrestler from the opening whistle);
  • Designed to score a point to tie a big match (not to injure);
  • Not resulting in injury, nor would you expect it to (compared to the injury to SDSU which was exactly what you would have expected).

And we can all agree that the Iowa State clip is terrible and absolutely unacceptable.

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, dragit said:

OK I know I said I was stopping but I claim an exemption -- this post came in before mine but I hadn't seen it.

I don't disagree with Perry's point, but the Bratke tweet shows perfectly just how out of this universe the conduct that this thread is about was.

The Iowa State match is:

• Two seconds of conduct (not an entire match by someone who has done the same thing before);
  • By a desperate, exhausted wrestler at the buzzer (not a purposeful, fresh wrestler from the opening whistle);
  • Designed to score a point to tie a big match (not to injure);
  • Not resulting in injury, nor would you expect it to (compared to the injury to SDSU which was exactly what you would have expected).

And we can all agree that the Iowa State clip is terrible and absolutely unacceptable.

Thanks to boconnell's point about the outcome not being in doubt.  The clip on twitter shows a 1-0 final and doesn't show riding time nor does it convert the score to 2-0 after time runs out as they usually do.  But watching it again, you can see "advantage time" over a minute in the background, so I assume that the kicks were gratuitous, it wouldn't have tied the match if he'd gotten out. 

I can't figure out how to edit on this site, if I could I'd modify the third dot point.  But the basic point of my post is wholly unchanged -- this was a short emotional outburst at the end of a grinding match, and wasn't likely to cause an actual injury.  We have seen that kind of general thing many times before, although this was on the worse end of that scale. 

But it's still nothing at all like the clips at the top of this thread -- completely different, qualitatively and quantitatively. 

Now, really this time, good night to all.

• Fire 1

my 19 year old at the US open senior finals last year got fish hooked by an olympian...

totally on purpose and done to prove a point because my kid is who he is...

i did not notice it live because of my angle mat side... 

showing him hours later his comment...

"that's awesome... can i do that?"

none of us thought to manufacture any outrage...

none of us thought to make some impassioned post on a silly bbs...

none of us even contemplated that ildar was dirty or a punk or irredeemable...

we all saw it as eastern european lessons of respect to a young cocky kid...

a fish hook...

imagine what some of you all would have thought about that...

but, please...

do carry on...

52 minutes ago, LJB said:

my 19 year old at the US open senior finals last year got fish hooked by an olympian...

totally on purpose and done to prove a point because my kid is who he is...

i did not notice it live because of my angle mat side... 

showing him hours later his comment...

"that's awesome... can i do that?"

none of us thought to manufacture any outrage...

none of us thought to make some impassioned post on a silly bbs...

none of us even contemplated that ildar was dirty or a punk or irredeemable...

we all saw it as eastern european lessons of respect to a young cocky kid...

a fish hook...

imagine what some of you all would have thought about that...

but, please...

do carry on...

To be fair… that sort of event helps the “brand” you push out. Which I’m sure is you. Mostly 

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, JackrabbitFan239 said:

Seems odd that SDSU wrestler pretty much gives no resistance to any of this as well. I don't know what to make of it.

I know right?  Incredible restraint shown by Cook there, kudos to him and Hahn.

I’m guessing you are Fernandes’ dad so I’ll give you a break, but while calling him “irredeemable” is unnecessary, there is really nothing defensible about his actions in those 2 videos.

8 hours ago, JackrabbitFan239 said:

The kid got disqualified for illegal move and his team gave up six points. He is clearly suspended or has received punishment as he didn't compete in their next competition. 

Hope so.  But Alirez didn’t wrestle in their next competition either, was he suspended too? (Kidding)

5 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Posting link(s) one more time for those that are on the tail end of the thread.

If I'd have pulled something like this, my coach would have slapped the sh** out of me afterward.

At the end of the Chattanooga clip, is that Nickerson coming out on the mat yelling?   If so, he’s clearly aware of this happening previously.  I wonder if any punishment was given last time.