Burwick

MNRodent

9 hours ago, Dark Energy said:

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Transfer/OneTime_Transfer.pdf

I took 30 seconds to find this link above. Was this kind of document not there in the past?  Maybe.  I don’t know.  But I would bet that the effort to find and read the rules would have taken no more than 1 hour.  No one can tell me that a student athlete doesn’t have 10 hours to spare over the course of a month to understand the rules related to such a big decision.  Let’s not baby these guys.

And the point about keyboard warriors not knowing about the window — so what?  Are any of us actively considering entering the portal?  

In normal cases I would agree, however  the rules and dates have changed a few times and the institution has the responsibility to inform student athletes. The article you cited was "updated"  September 2022 -  From Burwick: 

"Additionally, in my NCAA waiver appeal case, UW has stated in writing that they support me being eligible and they had not informed the athletes."

Edited by Idaho

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

8 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

@Idaho- not sure how to interpret that.  So Wisconsin is actually in favor of his stance?  What’s his beef then?

And what was the information UW didn’t give precisely.  I’m on phone on train - sorry if I missed something.

Yeah I was a little confused as well...My "guess" is that UW the school has admitted in writing that they did not inform athletes of changes and support him being eligible, however  Bono and/or the athletic department are not releasing him. Based on his father's posts and further posts by Kyle that is the way I am interpreting it.  

Here is what his dad says that clouds it further haha....

"This is my son’s situation. The UofW is penalizing him for their mistakes,WOW! They have in WRITING taken responsibility for not informing their student/athletes of the new transfer rule also stated in WRITING they are 100% behind Kyle being eligible fall semester but still won’t"

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

It's unfortunate for Burwick that it seems like he only found out about the transfer after window for entering the portal had closed. He was in a difficult position because if he entered the portal earlier, he risked losing his scholarship because he didn't have any meaningful leverage.

I'm sure he feels Bono did him dirty but going public like this when UW has no control over his eligibility isn't the best look.

2 hours ago, HungusMungus said:

54EBEA12-8CC3-49CF-98CE-E5963E199007.jpeg

Not buying this at all.  We already know that there were other wrestlers that got their release after the deadline.  So why go hardline in this case? Makes no sense. This is all Bono, and no amount of Wisconsin propaganda will convince me otherwise.

Edited by Crablegs
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crablegs said:

Not buying this at all.  We already know that there were other wrestlers that got their release after the deadline.  So why go hardline in this case? Makes no sense. This is all Bono, and no amount of Wisconsin propaganda will convince me otherwise.

You may be on to something. Seems like Mrs. Manning has an opinion here:

• Confused 1

It's unfortunate for Burwick that it seems like he only found out about the transfer after window for entering the portal had closed. He was in a difficult position because if he entered the portal earlier, he risked losing his scholarship because he didn't have any meaningful leverage.
I'm sure he feels Bono did him dirty but going public like this when UW has no control over his eligibility isn't the best look.
I feel like plenty of people have transferred after the May 1 window, so this reeks of propaganda. Obviously a different rule set, but this reminds me of the whole Suriano leaving Penn State saga where Suriano et al. wanted to leave and Penn State was putting out information like "we're not objecting to him keeping his eligibility" but wouldn't actually sign off on the release.

I'm always going to be on the side of the athletes having mobility. Their time is limited (although lately not so much, lol), and if they don't want to be somewhere, they should be allowed to leave, just like any other student in any other field.

In this situation, very clearly the cause of the transfer happened AFTER the portal window closed. Why should he be penalized? Unless we just want all athletes going into the portal every year...just in case.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I feel like plenty of people have transferred after the May 1 window, so this reeks of propaganda. Obviously a different rule set, but this reminds me of the whole Suriano leaving Penn State saga where Suriano et al. wanted to leave and Penn State was putting out information like "we're not objecting to him keeping his eligibility" but wouldn't actually sign off on the release.

If UW has the power to enable his eligibility this year then yes, very crappy move by them. 

On 11/1/2022 at 8:42 PM, skandar said:

Everyone knows Bono is petty and vindictive. This is why you don’t go to a school with a coach like that. Also, educate yourself on rules.

We need examples of Bono's vindictiveness. This is the new uncensored board - spill it!

• Haha 1

Isn't it that you have to be in the portal by May 1, not when you actually transfer?
It could be....but what if you have no reason to transfer until May 2 or later? There obviously has to be a mechanism for dealing with that situation, and my suspicion is is what I described above, though I'll defer to more rules-knowing folk like Willie or JB or SHP.

We need examples of Bono's vindictiveness. This is the new uncensored board - spill it!
This is one of those things I hear a lot of people say every time i go to a wrestling event, it's odd. Discussed by a lot of different people from many different fanbases. I personally don't have the examples, but lots of smoke.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

It could be....but what if you have no reason to transfer until May 2 or later? There obviously has to be a mechanism for dealing with that situation, and my suspicion is is what I described above, though I'll defer to more rules-knowing folk like Willie or JB or SHP.

then you better be in the portal by May 1 so you can transfer May 2 or later.  Alternatively, hire an attorney so you don't make any mistakes.  🙂

then you better be in the portal by May 1 so you can transfer May 2 or later.  Alternatively, hire an attorney so you don't make any mistakes. 
Schools going to be creating a lot of uncertainty and paperwork for themselves, since basically you're encouraging all athletes to go into the portal every year....just in case.

6 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

This is one of those things I hear a lot of people say every time i go to a wrestling event, it's odd. Discussed by a lot of different people from many different fanbases. I personally don't have the examples, but lots of smoke.

I'm trying to remember from A Few Good Men, which  holds up better in court: A) liar liar pants on fire or B) lots of smoke😉

Edited by ionel

2 hours ago, ionel said:

then you better be in the portal by May 1 so you can transfer May 2 or later.  Alternatively, hire an attorney so you don't make any mistakes.  🙂

https://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/D123.pdf

Section 13.1.1.3.1 is the section we're talking about here. (Page 93 in the PDF, Page 80 in the paper copy) Once you read it, you may have a different perspective on things.