Iowa is a real threat for the title this year

Jimmy Cinnabon

I give Iowa a 40% shot to win it all this year.  Penn State is still the favorite I'd say 55% chance to win.  5% for the field.

Why?

1. Lee is back and wrestling MEAN.  He is going to bonus his way to title 4.  I see at least 3 pins at NCAAs.

2. Woods is back and looking like he's going to win it all.  Totally dominated a good NW wrestler.  He will rack up big time bonus in March.

3.  Siebrecht is looking like a AA contender at 157.

4. Kennedy is looking like a high AA contender at 165.

5. Warner has dropped a few matches but he turns it up big in March.

6. The demise of Tony Cass has been greatly exaggerated.  He just beat Davison last night.

7. PSU will not qualify 125 for NCAAs.

8. SVN is a bit overrated imo.

9. Haines is also being overhyped.

10. 165 is a bit of a mystery with Facundo's health.

11. Dean could easily be upset in earlier rounds like he should have last year to Aiello, De Prez, etc.

Again, PSU is the favorite but Iowa's performance last night showed it should not be a shocker if they take team title this March.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I give Iowa a 40% shot to win it all this year.  Penn State is still the favorite I'd say 55% chance to win.  5% for the field.

Why?

1. Lee is back and wrestling MEAN.  He is going to bonus his way to title 4.  I see at least 3 pins at NCAAs.

2. Woods is back and looking like he's going to win it all.  Totally dominated a good NW wrestler.  He will rack up big time bonus in March.

3.  Siebrecht is looking like a AA contender at 157.

4. Kennedy is looking like a high AA contender at 165.

5. Warner has dropped a few matches but he turns it up big in March.

6. The demise of Tony Cass has been greatly exaggerated.  He just beat Davison last night.

7. PSU will not qualify 125 for NCAAs.

8. SVN is a bit overrated imo.

9. Haines is also being overhyped.

10. 165 is a bit of a mystery with Facundo's health.

11. Dean could easily be upset in earlier rounds like he should have last year to Aiello, De Prez, etc.

Again, PSU is the favorite but Iowa's performance last night showed it should not be a shocker if they take team title this March.

At the risk of feeding the trolls, I’ll say it again…the only person who can stop Penn State from winning the national title this year is Dan Monthley.

I think Iowa gets some of their guys to AA, and Spencer I believe will be a 4 timer, but I look up and down Iowa’s lineup and I just don’t see it. And yeah maybe Penn St. gets a flat tire here and there but, Penn St. is loaded and there’s still plenty of other studs across the country that will probably do a heck of a lot better than anyone suspects.