Suggestions for forum design

Iowa

Here are two suggestions for the design of this forum:

1. Please create a 'forum suggestions' subforum.
  2. Please move the 'Board Bets' subforum so that it's not between 'International Wrestling' and 'College Wrestling' ones. I've got a lot of muscle memory for the old layout (TheMat), which has those two subforums adjacent to eachother.
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Iowa said:

Here are two suggestions for the design of this forum:

1. Please create a 'forum suggestions' subforum.
  2. Please move the 'Board Bets' subforum so that it's not between 'International Wrestling' and 'College Wrestling' ones. I've got a lot of muscle memory for the old layout (TheMat), which has those two subforums adjacent to eachother.

^^ this, I'd suggest move the Board Bets just above Fantasy.

And could we get a longer Edit and a Delete?

• Fire 1

I'm good with

International

College

Music  (If we must have another it's a good option)

A few days ago posters were throwing themselves off of buildings like the stock market crash of 1929. Today we need more dead forums?  My only suggestion, hide the reaction 'tally' function . Folks are holding back on reactions. You know who you are...

As @ionelwould say, "Get On It" and he would also like a bit of consideration on more time to edit his post'. Carry on...  : )

The 'rank' badges on users' avatars makes for a very 'noisy' experience, in my opinion. Is there a setting for hiding the badge? Same goes for the 'joined recently' badge, for the time being at least -- it's meaningless, i.e., everyone's avatar will have it.

• Fire 1

From today's WSJ:

"The subscription—which doesn’t include blue-check verification at this time—charges $4.99 a month, giving Twitter Blue subscribers the ability to edit tweets 30 minutes after posting them."

Is Bob following the Elon playback?  How many are willing to pay a $5/mo subscription for an extra 15 minutes to edit?  😉

21 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Post delete feature.  Just double posted by accident and couldn't delete 

Kind've my thought when visiting your establishment.  Why is there no flush option?!  🙂

Edited by ionel

1 hour ago, PortaJohn said:

Post delete feature.  Just double posted by accident and couldn't delete 

You can hide your posts, no deletions though. Not a fan of deletions or editing past a little time. Too many of you sharks will edit your comments after being wrong. This ain't my first rodeo dealing with wrestling fanatics.

18 minutes ago, BobDole said:

You can hide your posts, no deletions though. Not a fan of deletions or editing past a little time. Too many of you sharks will edit your comments after being wrong. This ain't my first rodeo dealing with wrestling fanatics.

Not my experience with other forums but also if someone has quoted you showing the "wrong" then editing doesn't take away the "wrong."

BTW we really need MedicineMan, I am sure he has a most excellent photo of Bob getting bucked off the bull in his first rodeo, if I recall correctly it was 1937 and there's a nice black & white photo.  🙂

39 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Since when are we ever wrong?   😆

mspart

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Not my experience with other forums but also if someone has quoted you showing the "wrong" then editing doesn't take away the "wrong."

BTW we really need MedicineMan, I am sure he has a most excellent photo of Bob getting bucked off the bull in his first rodeo, if I recall correctly it was 1937 and there's a nice black & white photo.  🙂

I was riding dinosaurs in my first rodeo buddy.

• Fire 1

@TampaTigerbrought up a good idea:

Team specific subforums within the college forum.  We have a large following for basically each of the perpetual contenders.

It might be handy to have, say UofM, Penn State, Iowa, OSU, tOSU, OSUw, Mizzou, etc subforums?  I know the ACC gents tend to be superfans of all that is ACC?

I, for one, would love a Michigan-ish one that I can kick my feet up in and talk smack.

Hell we could call that one nhs67's nuances.

Edit: Fans could post school specific results, recruits, news, etc.

😎

Edited by nhs67
Missed why it would be handy...

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Team specific subforums within the college forum.  We have a large following for basically each of the perpetual contenders.

It might be handy to have, say UofM, Penn State, Iowa, OSU, tOSU, OSUw, Mizzou, etc subforums?  I know the ACC gents tend to be superfans of all that is ACC?

I, for one, would love a Michigan-ish one that I can kick my feet up in and talk smack.

😎

isn't every thread a Penn State thread?  🤔

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

😎

We might test out this feature

https://intermatforums.com/clubs/