141: Bartlett

149: SVN (Kasak RS)

157: Facundo

165: Messenbrink

174: Haines

184: CStar

197: Barr

Hwt: Kerk

This lineup could score some points at NCAA's!

I believe Robbie Howard's Instagram states he is retired from wrestling. It's a private account but that is the word on the PSU Rivals wrestling room board. 

Edited by JimmyCinnabon
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Win now / Max NCAA points in 2025 lineup -- I think the below lineup could break the scoring record, again.

125: Lilledahl

133: Davis

149: SVN

157: Kasak

165: Mesenbrink

184: Cstar

197: Barr

HWT: Kerk

I think MAX points, Barr is a contender for #2 at 184lbs.  At 197lbs he is undersized and going to get trucked.

MAX points, this is their best lineup:

125: Lilledahl

133: Davis

149: SVN

157: Kasak

165: Mesenbrink

184: Barr

197: Cstar

HWT: Kerk

If Amine, while being drastically undersized, can go up to 197lbs, get the #1 seed, and take 3rd - Starocci can win it.  I don't mean this as a sleight to Amine, Starocci is quite possibly the #1 P4P Folkstyle wrestler we have ever seen.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

55 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

You think Cstar has a better frame for 197 than Barr?  Isn't Barr significantly taller?  He's built like Nickal.

I think its more of Carter is just better at this point and time. Barr does not have a ton of offense at this point and time I would pick him to AA but have no confidence he 100% beats guys like Little,Cardenas,Elam,Beard let alone Ferrari or Buchannen. Carter would still be the pick to win the weight. There is also the chance PK beats carter and you come away with a second place and then potentially a blood round finish with Barr. Worst case if you flip flop in my opinion is like 7th for Barr at 184 (I think this is worst case) and carter second at 197 (also worst case barring something catastrophic).

• Fire 1

38 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I think its more of Carter is just better at this point and time. Barr does not have a ton of offense at this point and time I would pick him to AA but have no confidence he 100% beats guys like Little,Cardenas,Elam,Beard let alone Ferrari or Buchannen. Carter would still be the pick to win the weight. There is also the chance PK beats carter and you come away with a second place and then potentially a blood round finish with Barr. Worst case if you flip flop in my opinion is like 7th for Barr at 184 (I think this is worst case) and carter second at 197 (also worst case barring something catastrophic).

While I will stop short of calling Barr "dynamic" or any other over the top adjective, he looked significantly improved from neutral at U20 Worlds. I was very pleasantly surprised by that. 

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

You think Cstar has a better frame for 197 than Barr?  Isn't Barr significantly taller?  He's built like Nickal.

Cstar was #1 in flo’s pre season rankings that came out in May.   This is obviously well before the pintos announcement in September to go 197 at Csub.   Hence his move back down to 184.    

https://www.flowrestling.org/rankings/12557781-2024-25-ncaa-di-wrestling-rankings/49986-197-carter-starocci

5 hours ago, nhs67 said:

tically undersized, can go up to 197lbs, get the #1 seed, and take 3rd - Starocci can win it.  I don't mean this as a sleight to Amine, Starocci is quite possibly the #1 P4P Folkstyle wrestler we have ever seen.

Yojo Uetake.

Cael wasn't chopped liver, either.

Edited by AgaveMaria

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

2 hours ago, juniorvarsity said:

I think this is the last year everything can work out at Penn State and AA level guys don't lose eligibility.

This is assuming redshirts are used for Kasak, Davis/Nagao, Mirasola. If Facundo is not at 157, then there is one guy losing eligibility this year.

In 24/25 we'll see: 

125: Lilledahl/Desmond

133: Davis/Nagao/Desmond

157: Kasak/Sealey/Facundo

165: Mesenbrink/Sealey/Facundo

174: Haines/Ryder/Facundo

184: Barr/Ryder

197: Mirasola/Barr*

* I assume this one will not happen because Barr drops to 184 next year. But, maybe he's getting absolutely huge.

59 minutes ago, Le duke said:

In 24/25 we'll see: 

* I assume this one will not happen because Barr drops to 184 next year. But, maybe he's getting absolutely huge.

You mean 25/26?

Nevermind, I see what you did there.  I agree.

Edited by nhs67

4 hours ago, Le duke said:

In 24/25 we'll see: 

who is at 141 and 149 after this year?   Isn't BB done and VanNess pushing 157?

1 hour ago, Elevator said:

Lilledahl is going to double up and pull the Dake.

2024-25 - 125
2025-26 - 141
2026-27 - 157
2027-28 - 174

He is going to be massive.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Elevator said:

I would expect Van Ness and Kasek will hold down 149 and 157 over the next 3 years - I am not sure which of them is more likely to be able to continue at 149 for 3 years.  As for 141 next year and going forward - either Nagao or Davis could move up next year - a lot depends on if Lilledahl is going to stay at 125 - if he moves up to 133 at any time it will be his weight.  PSU also has Brock Weiss who is a freshman and may be able to cut down.  Next year they are bringing in high end recruit Dalton Perry who may be at 141  (a little early to tell) - also in this day and age the transfer portal will offer Cael and company many options to fill any holes in the lineup if there appears to be one.

• Bob 1

10 hours ago, lu1979 said:

I would expect Van Ness and Kasek will hold down 149 and 157 over the next 3 years - I am not sure which of them is more likely to be able to continue at 149 for 3 years.  As for 141 next year and going forward - either Nagao or Davis could move up next year - a lot depends on if Lilledahl is going to stay at 125 - if he moves up to 133 at any time it will be his weight.  PSU also has Brock Weiss who is a freshman and may be able to cut down.  Next year they are bringing in high end recruit Dalton Perry who may be at 141  (a little early to tell) - also in this day and age the transfer portal will offer Cael and company many options to fill any holes in the lineup if there appears to be one.

PJ Duke is coming next year at 157/165. They also have Joe Sealy in redshirt that will be 156/165. 

2 hours ago, Gus said:

PJ Duke is coming next year at 157/165. They also have Joe Sealy in redshirt that will be 156/165. 

I am not sure either one of them will be at 157 in college - If they are they will certainly be able to compete for the starting spot.  Duke especially could be ready to compete for a high spot on the podium if he can make 157 - if he is up at 165 he will overlap MM by at least 1 year and then I expect he will hold that spot after MM leaves.  (I wouldn't be totally shocked if he took the spot as a RSF) I am afraid Sealy will probably be one of the extremely talented guys from 165 to 184 who is shut out from starting at PSU.

• Bob 1